• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm programming the Pokémon TCG base set

Novale

User
Years
  • I'm not sure if maybe this rule has changed since then, but in your latest version on itch I went first and was able to also attack on my first turn, which in modern formats is not allowed

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I'm not sure if maybe this rule has changed since then, but in your latest version on itch I went first and was able to also attack on my first turn, which in modern formats is not allowed

Yeah I based the whole thing on the original Gameboy game, in which players could attack on the first turn. I'm planning for a future milestone to add togglable variant rules.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Milestone 7, finally done. This was more or less finished like two weeks ago but then I got a new job and things have been weird.

A lot of general improvements in this one. The tutorial now exists. If you've never played the Pokémon tcg I would love your feedback on how it works. There's also some minor improvements to the overworld: the club is a bit larger now that the screen can scroll to follow the player. There's also the world map which allows you to travel to the lab, though there's not much there yet.

Days
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    i dont know if this is only my issue but whenever i fight lexi and i win against her after i win and im about to get the booster it doesnt appear and the game pretty much stops working

Days
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Are you still working on this? I found this thread while trying to learn how to hack the GBC ROMs for the original two TCG games. Definitely checking this out now!

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'm back. I'm actually the same guy from earlier who made all those bug reports, had to make a new account because I forgot which email/password I used to make the original one. I did a "casual" run of the game and a bit of testing beyond that, haven't gotten around to testing every card but I still found several things to report.

Spoiler: Bug reports

I know it's been a while since you worked on this, and I understand, I haven't been here in a long time because real life's been keeping me busy too. Just leaving these here if you ever do come back, I hope you do. TCG fangames might start getting more attention soon now that Nintendo's releasing a TCG mobile game.

Back