• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm really freaked out...

5 hours ago, I went to play a record on my turn table, and when I put the needle on the record, it didn't sound right when the song came on, so I took the needle off, and I realized something was indeed wrong! The needle was attached, but the thin metal thing that's part of it that goes on the records was out of place! So I took it out, and toyed with it a few seconds, and I tried again. It sounded normal now, but when I started, I heard some crackling before the music started I don't recall hearing before today, and I'm really worried that what had happened today (the metal part of the needle being out of place) had scratched the record or something and had caused this! Anyway, so a while later, being the neurotic person I am went to check the needle just to make sure if it was okay, and the thing metal thing was out of place again! So I toyed with it for quite a while until I thought it looked okay, and so I put another record on (NOTE:This was different from the one I had played before!), and there was no crackling before the song started, but when the song came on, it didn't sound right, so I'm going to get a new needle, and I'm worried that if I play the two records I played today (especially the one I played before noticing something was wrong with it) that it will damage the needle if I try playing them on the turn table with the new needle! I get very neurotic when it comes to vinyl. If I put it on and I hear a crackle, if it's the needle that's the problem, I worry that the record is damaged a little by the displacement of the metal thing that's part of the needle or whatever. If I play a record and the needle's fine, and I hear crackling, I'm worried that it will damage other records or whatever if I play them after I play that one, and I'm really worried. Alot of the LPs I own are very rare.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Is there a record or music store near you where you can ask for help? I say that you shouldn't play any other records just in case it DOES scratch. So have it checked with a professional or something.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    There is usualy a place that can fix stuff like that. But it it is so rare, then get it fixed, and sell it on Ebay. You could get rich off of it. Either that, or use it as decoration. Just stop playing with it before you break it even more

Years
    When you put songs on IPOD, the quality of the music gets all compressed... I'm not sure how you explain it all.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Two people in a row copied someone's post, in this case referring to iPods. Well, you see, people who still have records today collect them because they're something called "antiques." They are collected and sometimes used, not always just for enjoyment.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    No offense, but "antiques" really don't appeal to me. iPODs are better then carrying around 2000 records. I'm not really in touch with the 50s.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    YoMama said:
    No offense, but "antiques" really don't appeal to me. iPODs are better then carrying around 2000 records. I'm not really in touch with the 50s.

Thanks for entirely missing the point of my post.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Jessie's Love Slave said:
    I got a new needle already. And if nobody listens to vinyl anymore, how come they're still produced?

I don't know. Maybe none of your friends listen to it. Who knows? Truthfully, I'm not a collecter. I only get things if i need them.

Taylor Hicks won on American Idol! Yay!

Back