• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'M STUCK!!!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay, I'm pretty sure everyone has gotten to that moment when they first played the games and got stuck. For example, whilst playing Ruby when I was like 8 or something, I got to Slateport City and didn't know how to get past the gunts blocking the way to the southern route, I kept wondering round the city trying to find a way through, eventually I tried talking to everyone in the town and found that scientist guy to get into the museum or whatever. I know a few people didn't know what to do in Red or Blue when that old guy in Viridian was in the way. XD

So my question is; Ever gotten stuck for a long time in a Pokémon game?

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • oohh, yes. In Pokemon Blue, I had no idea I was to take Oak's parcel to Oak, since by the time I was 6, I guess, I had no idea what a parcel means. Hahaha. Spent three agonizing weeks and training my charmender until it became a charizard, and eventually giving up.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    My one standout stuck moment has to be after Slateport in R/S/E you have to go under the bridge to get through to Mauville. I didn't know that. -_- Spent ages looking for a way before I accidently found out haha.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • The one time I got stuck was in my first Pokemon game, Yellow, when I was like 10. I was in Silph Corporation, trying to defeat the Rocket Grunts when I ran into a teleporter pad. Back then, I didn't know that I could walk off teleporter pads after getting off them, so I was trapped by sheer stupidity in that same spot for nearly a year.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • When I was first trying to get up Sky Pillar it took forever. Now I can do it effortlessly. There was probably some cave puzzles that it took a bit as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Don't scare me like that! I thought this was someone seriously in a panic and I was like "oh better go lock that!" ;-; Anyway, I used to get stuck all the time. In fact, I didn't beat my first playthrough of Sapphire because the last gym's puzzle was too much for me. D: Had trouble in the 6th and 7th gyms too, actually. I had to get my cousin to do it for me. And the Strength puzzle in Under Water Cavern...had my friend do that for me lmao. I guess RS was the game I got stuck on the most. Oh, and in Red during the whole Lavender/Saffron/Celadon stretch with all the Rocket stuff, I got confused there too, and I didn't know to get the tea. ;-; Hooray for having a cousin that remembered what the hell to do!

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • In pokemon sapphire, after slateport, I could NEVER beat may. It was practically impossible for me because my combustion was my strongest pokemon, all my other ones were weak. :(

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • Blue version. I had no idea there was a hole in the wall in that house in Cerulean city. I was stuck there for a week before a friend helped me out.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • Um, the only time I can remember being really stuck in the games was my very first one, Yellow. I could not beat damn Gary after the elite four. I tried it like four times maybe and finally made my guy friend do it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I was stuck in Mauville for a while because I couldn't figure out how to get to Lavaridge and didn't realize I had to defeat Team Magma/Aqua at Mt. Chimney first.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    This has happened to me more times then i want to admit haha, even as recently as HG, i went all the way to Kanto without the bike and then i found out i needed it to progress haha.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Lolyeah. In Heart Gold I in Kanto because I didn't know the frequency to wake Snorlax was on the radio. I thought we still needed the flute. In Black, I think I got stuck somewhere, though I'm not sure. However, finding the Sage on Route 18 eluded me because I visited that lace a few times but not the area the Sage was.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • G / S / C >:(

I never ever ever ever! Knew what to do with the Snorlax, I forgot a load of things to get to it. ;;

I also could never remember the Pryce's gym puzzle so I was like... um what?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 1999. Pokemon Blue. The end of Victory Road. I was stuck there for hours because I was completely unaware that there was a small 1 space wide path sandwiched between a rock and the wall that I could use to escape what I thought was a trap inside there.

Years
  • The only time I really get stuck in Pokemon games is when I don't know where to find the HM that helps me progress (Rock Smash/Cut). :x

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I remember getting stuck a lot when I first played G/S/C. I got stuck in Morty's Gym for a loooong time. I couldn't get pass the first trainer because of the invisible path. After a month or so, I managed to figure out the path and battled the other three trainers leading up to Morty.

The Snorlax part of the game got me stuck as well, as I was having trouble finding a PokeFlute.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Emerald, back when I was a noob and only trained my starter.
    You see, I was still under the impression starters are extremely powerful pokémon which can only be defeated by other starters.
    And so, I tried beating the elite four with a lv.75 Swampert and 5 other pokémon at around lv.39.
    You can see what happens next, the elite four were alright, but I became stuck when Swampert was unable to beat Ludicolo.
    And thus I was stuck, unable to beat Wallace with a lv.75 Swampert.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • During my first Red/blue playthrough, the old man in Viridian City took me a while to figure out, as well as the guards blocking Saffron City. I think I skipped them and played ahead all the way up to Cinnabar Island before I read a walkthrough to figure out how ti get into Saffron City. XD

Fortunately, after GenI, my gaming intuition started developing and I didn't get seriously stuck ever again. XD

Back