• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I'm this town's gym leader and I'm also a model

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
  • Near the end of the game, the things the Shadow Triad say about N's room. I found that very interesting, especially when you go in the room and look around. That coupled with the way he spoke to you after beating Ghetsis were probably the speech parts I liked best. Oh! And I just wanted to give Bianca a hug and make her feel better at least half a dozen times throughout the story. >w<; (Why... do I feel like the only person who didn't hate her sometimes?)

A couple of things I found on the contrary, were when plasma grunts screamed plasma. That broke immersion for me and I was like ew. When you hear Burn baby burn near the top of Dragonspiral tower, it just left me feeling weird. Without any imagery to accompany it, that line just didn't fit, I found. I don't think Cheren got enough character development... but none of these things came remotely close to ruining the game for me.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2011
    I hated just about everything Cheren said. Seemed like kind of a jerk to me.
    Bianca never really made all that much sense, but I liked her.

Some of the stuff N said was cool, but anything else was a bit confusing.

Oh. But I did find it funny that Bianca was everyone's bodyguard.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Pretty much ANYTHING anyone says to you on the Ferris Wheel is hilarious if you have a perverted enough mind.

Oh, yeah, and the Marvelous Bridge. "It's marvelous.....and also a brige! XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Also not a character, but I love how the bookshelves give the notice that "All the books are neat and orderly" and something like that. It makes me think of subliminal messaging to get kids to clean their rooms. xD

I hated just about everything Cheren said. Seemed like kind of a jerk to me.

Glad someone agrees with me!

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    I found Clay pretty amusing, it's the first time I've noticed in a Pokemon game where someone has been given a specific accent which has been tried to be portrayed through the dialogue.
    How'd you beat DPPt without fighting Fantina? O.o

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I love the dialogue in these game. It's much better than previous games, without going into detail.

Also, "Burn baby, burn!"? I completely missed that when I played. NOW I MUST FREAKING RESTART WHITE JUST SO I CAN HEAR THAT XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I can't find the dialogue for the French trainers anywhere online :/ I wanted to show the text to my boyfriend and translate it, but I can't find it at all. Is there a site where I could find that kind of thing? I know both their names and where they're found, just not what they say.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • There's a youngster in the football stadium who says something like: "I'm not wearing shorts! They're half-pants!"
    I thought it was funny.

iRoyBoy

Is the definition of yaoi
    Years
  • I have no idea the exact wording of it, but the fact that Team Plasma wants to liberate the pokemon, and make all of them free, and yet Ghiest[sorry for the incorect spelling] states that only Team Plasma will be allowed to use pkemon. If anything pokemon should be liberated from them.
    I also know it's not a line in the game but the fact that it actuly shows plasma members kicking Muna. Sure Team Rocket did bad things, like alledegly killing a marowak, but they never shown pokemon abuse like they did in this game. In a way it's brutal, and I got a kick out of it.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    That biker guy from Driftveil is my bro.

He is a heartbreaker... His name is Charles...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Battle subway multi team/ A biker says: Im a biker that doesn't ride a bike, while he is sitting on one. And then he drives a motorcycle onto the seat of a train.

8l

Another good Battle Subway one was the preschooler that says "A hero never dies" when he loses. It threw me off...that's deep, kid.

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
  • There was another guy (I think he was a biker) on the Battle Subway who says something like, "I'm stupid and bad, but I'm very enthusiastic about Pokemon." Good for him.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I have no idea the exact wording of it, but the fact that Team Plasma wants to liberate the pokemon, and make all of them free, and yet Ghiest[sorry for the incorect spelling] states that only Team Plasma will be allowed to use pkemon. If anything pokemon should be liberated from them.
    I also know it's not a line in the game but the fact that it actuly shows plasma members kicking Muna. Sure Team Rocket did bad things, like alledegly killing a marowak, but they never shown pokemon abuse like they did in this game. In a way it's brutal, and I got a kick out of it.

Man, when Plasma was kicking Munna, I near freaked out. I was sitting at a coffee bar with my boyfriend and he was all, "Calm down, it's a game."

But yeah, all of Team Plasma's nonsense is really hilarious, they sound like a ignorant, self-righteous [insert any demographic or institution, really] group.

TaurusFire

Collector
    Years
  • I'm not gonna do spoilers but i really really enjoyed talking with cheren after the main story, back near where you first meet alder and the preschoolers.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • I've only liked the "Plasbad" comment and the Undella Bay swimmer girl that said I must only be here to see Cynthia in a bathing suit. She later said Cynthia only swims when noone is around.

Personally, I just like some of the Pokedex entries.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
    Years
  • Forever said:
    ...or something like that.

The games feature interesting dialogue from many different characters. Ranging from N's "let me hear the voices of your Pokemon" to Elesa's very inspiring line about being a model.

Has any of it proven to be amusing to you or stood out in general? Inspiring even? Share your favourite pieces of dialogue within the games. :) And do you think certain parts of dialogue weren't needed? If so, discuss!

Yes, I do, Idk if anybody has said this, or maybe you quite enjoy it. But from what i think is a line that i could live without it would have to be this line..

"Professor Juniper word's echoed.. TRAINER! There's a time and place for everything! But not now."

Idk.. Lol i know that im pressing the wrong item! why does it have to just insult me?! lol only joking.. but im sure you get my point.

I'm this town's gym leader and I'm also a model

Last edited:
    Back