• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] IMG heavy Tribal art

Years
  • I'll continue adding art as I draw it so check back and scroll down when ya want! <3

So I've never done this before, but I did find a website where I could pick and choose which sprites to save so I could play with them in paint.net. So I had some fun and sorta just cut, pasted, erased, fused, and colored some fusions. Oh and afterwards I drew tribal art of them. I am sorry for crappy quality and bad fixing of colors but I used my webcam on the tribals so the quality is really bad, I'll scan them sometime this week, post them to Deviantart and let you guys know then! Hope you like!

Sorry for all the pics thought I'd do it all in one post rather than many. The tribals are just some of many that I have done <3 I am Talani-Mae on Furaffinity and Talani.Kasa on Deviantart

If someone needs me to resize some of these smaller I will edit <3

So anywho after I played with the poke fusions that I did some tribal art <3

again bad quality for some of these sorry!
    tmfvFu7.jpg

JJUeXFb.jpg

7FQmiUj.jpg

oe7nBpK.jpg

After those I started going bonkers drawing pokemon O_O

ZyPNPrp.jpg

FuEi0GA.jpg

Raikou came out much better when I scanned it O-o
    W7SQ70y.jpg

I have GOOTT to scan this one the colors are so much prettier in person O_o
    lgUUaEm.jpg

Tribal version of some sort of self created pokemon. Based off a ferret of course <3 Drawn on black construction paper with crayola crayons
    thwUE5F.jpg

Ice wolfy
    5AypdbW.jpg

Badger <3
    xsaA3Pq.jpg

Ok below this is just a bunch of my tribal art that has already been uploaded to my websites or most of them anyway <3 All scanned and as with all my tribals done in Sharpe Markers
    Snarly tiger
    JcGcn2T.jpg

Horsey
    naESeoA.jpg

Elephant
    HuiofHa.jpg

Red stag
    ToRQIVR.jpg

Snarly wolf
    vbEWfm9.jpg

Red Tailed Hawk headshot
    ee7FyAv.jpg

My faveorite dinosaur
    wQQJ6pI.jpg

Tadrith from The Black Gryphon book series <3
    Rq9YPfw.jpg

Gift I drew for my dearest of two friends <3
    Wo1er1I.jpg

My kitty cat
    7IDGjMn.jpg

Gift for Apache on Furaffinity
    y4NzUFU.jpg

First of two paid commissions I did for Raynefang on Furaffinity
    Mm6ZlcV.jpg

Second commission for Raynefang
    s4XzEAf.jpg

My first 4 fusions I made.
    Arcanine/pigeotto/aggron (dont think I spell good tonight!
    Charmeleon/Cubone
    Houndoom/Marrowak/spikey
    Dragonair/Articuno/Milotic+

LKKoUOd.jpg

This started off as a ranting nerdrage about how Shiny Rapidash does not retain that beautiful blue...then sorta turned into...playing around with colors more and then added pigeotts wings lol

XTbaLn0.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    These are really neat! Your tribal Pokemon designs came out very well. They flow nicely, the designs fit the subject theme, and they're all very clean looking. The Suicune and the Dragonair are definitely my favorites. :)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Woah...

Okay, not gonna lie, when I opened this thread all I saw were the sprites, and I thought you were another spriter. And then I scrolled down a little and my jaw hit the floor. These are so cool! And there are so many! I'm intigued as to how you create these, because they look amazing. This is the kind of thing I'd get a tattoo of, super cool!

Years
  • Woah...

Okay, not gonna lie, when I opened this thread all I saw were the sprites, and I thought you were another spriter. And then I scrolled down a little and my jaw hit the floor. These are so cool! And there are so many! I'm intigued as to how you create these, because they look amazing. This is the kind of thing I'd get a tattoo of, super cool!

Thank you so so much! Hehe! <3 Guess I should post the sprites at the bottom of the thread! With my tribals, what I do is sketch out the outline of the creatures I am drawing, then basic or defining features. And from there I go with the flow. I don't plan any patterns, just ink what comes to mind. So after I have inked the outlines of the creature, I ink designs as I go, then erase the pencil lines and start filling in!

Years
  • These are really neat! Your tribal Pokemon designs came out very well. They flow nicely, the designs fit the subject theme, and they're all very clean looking. The Suicune and the Dragonair are definitely my favorites. :)

Thank you thank you! <3

Years
  • Here I'll show you an example, then I'll post below the other new ones I have done for INKTOBER <3 sorry for the quality, still using webcam!

This is the stallion sketch I did.
    YTORPf0.jpg

This is what it looks like after <3
    XlPR29P.jpg

Years
  • More arts! Don't want to start a new thread! lol

Drake doodle I ended up inking after
    KEBNPIE.jpg

Anthro canine of some sort
    mmSoYio.jpg

European red stag
    o0BM5RJ.jpg

Fennec fox
    bOg4pHN.jpg

This one is older, but still tribal crouching kitty
    mhN2WFo.jpg

Random doodle I did looks pretty now that it is stylized and colored <3
    zDvQe2P.jpg

Need to scan this because it is so blurry, but colors are correct <3
    Blue jay in the center is supposed to be a scrub jay from florida, the other two I sorta went crazy with
    fWrfpZa.jpg

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    really cool. im liking the first dragonair one that has wings. Also digging the red tailed hawk and the blue jays. Seeing your work makes me want to give a tribal piece a shot. haha

Years
  • Woah!

These are amazing, you're really good! I especially like the Legendary Pokémon because the tribal design suits it extremely well. I was really blown away by these when I first clicked on this post, and I still am! {XD}

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Your style is really unique! I personally love seeing designs like these, so going through your works was an absolute pleasure for me.

In fact, your tribal art reminds me of the designs from the video game The World Ends with You. I dunno if you've played that game or not, but the animals in that game are drawn in a similar style to the tribal art designs you have here :-D
    I'm personally a huge fan of that game, so I'm now a huge fan of your work, haha. What you do is hella rad.

This is my current favorite, partly because of how you drew the eye. It's so striking compared to everything else, and the work as a whole is stunning-
    Spoiler:

I am convinced that you'll continue to impress in the future ;-]

Years
  • Eeee! So happy everyone likes what I draw! <3 Here are a few more!

Inktober # 12 German Shepherd attempt >.<
    k79hQ3y.jpg

Inktober # 13 Macaw (forgot to flip the image, hes suppose to face the other way
    kN3jokT.jpg

Inktober # 14 Dragonflies
    fSIDst9.jpg

Years
  • Your style is really unique! I personally love seeing designs like these, so going through your works was an absolute pleasure for me.

In fact, your tribal art reminds me of the designs from the video game The World Ends with You. I dunno if you've played that game or not, but the animals in that game are drawn in a similar style to the tribal art designs you have here :-D
    I'm personally a huge fan of that game, so I'm now a huge fan of your work, haha. What you do is hella rad.

This is my current favorite, partly because of how you drew the eye. It's so striking compared to everything else, and the work as a whole is stunning-

I am convinced that you'll continue to impress in the future ;-]

Thankkk youuu! For such a wonderful feedback! O.o I am hoping to scan all the ones that are not currently scanned because they are so much prettier!

Years
  • Woah!

These are amazing, you're really good! I especially like the Legendary Pokémon because the tribal design suits it extremely well. I was really blown away by these when I first clicked on this post, and I still am! {XD}

Thank you so much! I am super happy you like the legendaries because I was really hoping to tribalize the style in a way that would connect with their element O.o

Years
  • really cool. im liking the first dragonair one that has wings. Also digging the red tailed hawk and the blue jays. Seeing your work makes me want to give a tribal piece a shot. haha

Thank you very much! I was so happy with how my dragonair fusion came out!

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I absolutely love the suicine one, the way you done with those curves and its flow really just bring it out
    I also like the macaw one, I love the colors and its patterns :)
    oh and those dragonflies wings kinda reminds me of a mosaic which is pretty cool
    and the fennec fox is a killer, makes me want to have a tattoo like that lol
    Overall it looks amazing!

Back