• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMMA BE A SPACE COWBOY!

Years

Your dream job as a child?

Bit of fun and nostalgia now.
    Think back to your childhood; the times when you were a tiny boy or girl, you were all cute and innocent... and a little brat. :D
    We all had pretty wild imaginations and kids always come up with random ideas for jobs, but what was your dream job that you were set on?
    It can be anything from a doctor, to a dancer, to an alien farmer!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The first job I can remember wanting to be was an actor. More specifically, I wanted to be George of the Jungle for some reason. (Watched that film too many times as a child.) When my parents told me that wasn't possible, I lowered my scope somewhat to the general field of acting. I'm not entirely sure why I gave up my ambition, as I was in a drama club at the time, and even appeared on stage as the White Rabbit in a local theatre production of Alice in Wonderland. (My main role was to run around at the beginning down a rabbit hole, and then deliver an important message to Alice at the end for some reason. It might not have been Shakespeare but I was 4, at the time!)

Years
    Answering my own question, I don't really remember what I wanted to be as such, but I really liked building and designing stuff with like, lego and all the other, random building toys that were available when I was younger.

I thought the idea of being an archaeologist would be cool and my parents were sure I would be one when I was older, because I always build really big and detailed models! XD​

Years
    I wanted to be all sorts of weird things when I was younger. I wanted to be an artist at one point, but that dream went out the window when I made the realisation that they make no money. Then my year five teacher said I'd make an awesome teacher because I liked to help other people out with their work and show them how to do things when they were struggling. Then it went onto an inventor because I liked day dreaming about all sorts of things kids day dream about, like flying or being able to live underwater and I'd spend days thinking of a way to make it possible. All of them generic childish solutions like strap an engine to my back and such.

Years
    When I was a kid, I wanted to be a nurse, and then a teacher. Yeah, stereotypical female jobs. idgi. By the time I hit middle school I was disinterested in both of those things. There was a weird few weeks in high school I debated voice acting, but I'm too scatterbrained for it, to be completely honest. My speech sucks sometimes.

Now I'm grown up and have no vision for the future. I suck at this 'being an adult' thing.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    When I was a little kid I remembered thinking I was going to be a policeman because that's what my Dad was and I wanted to be big and scuree like him. I'd grown the hell out of that dark phase by the age of 9 and then I decided I wanted to be a teacher because the people I looked up to most were my teachers. Then when I was 14 or so I loved my French teacher and I loved learning French so I decided that I would be a French teacher XD.

Then I realised I hated kids and had no interest in teaching them anything and from then on I had no idea :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Let's see. Ah. Yes. In preschool, there's a little "about me" we made and the teacher filled in the answers for us. I found it in the house when I was about 12, and I was confused as to why a 4 year old would ever want to be a lamb when they grew up. I can see it now.

Sydian: Professional Lamb.

Eh while I'm here, other weird things:

- Vet (this is probably the most normal thing)
    - Artist
    - Crayon maker
    - Egyptologist
    - Ornithologist
    - Professional clarinetist
    - VS model

Answering my own question, I don't really remember what I wanted to be as such, but I really liked building and designing stuff with like, lego and all the other, random building toys that were available when I was younger.

I thought the idea of being an archaeologist would be cool and my parents were sure I would be one when I was older, because I always build really big and detailed models! XD

Architect...not archaeologist...lol

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Master of Tartarus
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    I wanted to be a robot pirate king in space. With a mustache.

Just kidding, I really don't remember. Probably a firefighter or superhero.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Sydian: Professional Lamb.

I would pay great amounts of money to see this in action.

Anyway, I remember I wanted to be a variety of things.
    My big thing though that I remember them calling my mother about was this: Buddha. I wanted to be Buddha. i remember the teacher even asking, "Oh! You want others to find the light in themselves and be happy?"
    Me: "No, I wanna be fat and happy!"

Good news younger me, I may not be fat, but I'm happy.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I wanted to be an astronaut as a kid because I wanted to see what space was like myself. But now, I'm not so sure anymore.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    In kindergarten (age 4-5) we had to a project about what we wanted to be when we grew up. We had to draw a picture of us as that and write a nice little paragraph about why. So what did little me want to be? A WAITRESS >_> Why?! BECAUSE I COULD BALANCE PLATES REALLY WELL!!! Yep, dream big little me.

Although that's kinda funny because I'm in the process of training to be a waitress at work. DREAMS DO COME TRUE, GUYS.

Eternal Darkness

Master of Tartarus
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    ^

At least you weren't disappointed like I was when I found out there was no radioactive spiders, toxic waste pits, or that I was filthy rich and my parents were killed when I was 5.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    A Pokémon Master. I wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was!

Just kidding! I grew up changing my mind a lot about what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wanted to be a chef, an artist, a teacher, a vet, a professional dancer, and around middle school I had wanted to be an architect.

I think there was even a point where I wanted to be an astronaut just so I could visit outer space.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I remember changing my mind all the time when I was little. Originally I wanted to be a preschool teacher, because I loved little kids back then. Then when I got into shooter games for the first time, I changed my mind and wanted to become a secret agent. xD Later after that, thanks to my interest in the weather, I immediately changed my opinion and wanted to become a meteorologist. Sadly my interest in that died a little when I found out that it requires a ton of math. And I'm not good at math D:

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I think I was as undecisive then as I am now.

I may have wanted to be a teacher at some point because I really liked my music teacher, but I'm not sure. I also recall being incredibly fascinated by science (I urged my parents to subscribe to a kid-targeted science magazine), particularly by animals, yet I don't recall ever wanting to be a scientist or a vet for whatever reason. Though I may have wanted to be a paleontologist, since I absolutely enthralled by dinosaurs at one point. In short, I just really don't remember.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I changed what I wanted to be every sing year of my childhood life xD I think the one that lasted the most was to be a Magician. Other ones were being an artist/cartoonist, writer teacher, builder (cause I could build badass towers with my blocks), a Pokemon trainer. Beside me my friend wanted to be a rug (yes those things that lie on our floors).

It all stopped when I was 11 when I didn't get the letter to go to hogwarts :/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I was a smart kid. I knew as early as age 5 that I did not want to grow up and have to deal with adult responsibilities so I'd always just say I didn't want to be an adult. XD I soon defaulted to "I want to win the lottery and do nothing" as my ideal job which is still what I'd be pretty okay with. Whenever I had to give an answer for this kind of question, I'd either refuse to answer or just make random stuff up to please whoever asked.

It wasn't until grade 6 or 7 that I had an ideal job in mind and even then it wasn't a realistic one. (Until then I wanted to be a comic book artist, then I wanted to be an animator, and then in grade 12 I realized I didn't like art enough for anything related to it and decided I had no clue what I want to do--and I still don't.)

Years
    I wanted to be a dinosaur. I didn't have very practical ambitions as a child.

But I really didn't dream of having a job of any kind, not for longer than a day or so at least. I just wanted to play all the time because I knew from an early age from watching my parents that a job was this thing that made you boring and cranky and I wanted nothing to do with that.

Back