• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Impassible floor for no reason? [SOLVED]

Years
  • I'm frustrated and tired so I'll just keep this short.
    I can't walk on the tiles within the red box shown here,
    Spoiler:

Despite the database saying that I should.
    Spoiler:

I can walk on the shaded tiles, but not the non-shaded ones, no matter what tiles I use from the "inside" tileset. Why not?
    If it helps, this is what the entire map plus it's events looks like.
    Spoiler:

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I.. Think this is solved? But I don't understand how... I mean the problem is fixed, but the solution doesn't make much sense.
    I had to go over the blank space in the middle and top layer, with more blank space...

Last edited:

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Maybe check your second and third layers? It's possible you may have a tile covering them up that isn't passable.

Years
  • You can use this script to see the "passibility" on the tiles in-game:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=352886

But in your case, yes it looks like another layer has some blocking invisible tiles.

I just got a SyntaxError.

And as far as the second and third layers go, I have nothing that would make it impossible to walk on the floor. I even tried to put the wall on the bottom layer but still nothing.

Edit: No, wait a second. I decided to replace the blank spaces with... Blank spaces, and I guess that fixed it. So technically you were right, LMB10. Thanks!
    Though I don't understand how it works...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just got a SyntaxError.

And as far as the second and third layers go, I have nothing that would make it impossible to walk on the floor. I even tried to put the wall on the bottom layer but still nothing.

Edit: No, wait a second. I decided to replace the blank spaces with... Blank spaces, and I guess that fixed it. So technically you were right, LMB10. Thanks!
    Though I don't understand how it works...

If you'll notice, most of the blank spaces in the Essentials tilesets have a box with a red X instead of just being blank
    Impassible floor for no reason? [SOLVED]

It's a very good practice, just for the problem you had here.

Say you have your three layers of tiles
    Layer 1 [not passable]
    Layer 2 [not passable]
    Layer 3 [passable with 0 priority]

What's below Tile 3 doesn't matter in this regard, if the top tile is passable and has a priority of 0, it is regarded as passable.
    Even blank tiles in RMXP have passability. So if you put a blank tile on top that is marked as passable with a priority of 0(all tiles are, unless otherwise specified in the database editor), even though you can't see it, it will still be regarded as passable.

This is why those red X's are handy. You don't have any passable tiles you can accidentally use.
    You may notice also that in your tilesets, they all leave a blank autotile
    Impassible floor for no reason? [SOLVED]

This should be the only blank tile you use. It's set with a priority of 5, so that it does not effect passability.

Back