• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improvements in the anime?

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Agreed, they need to bring in a new character, and I don't care if they don't make it the main character, as long as they focus on it frequently.

Yes, and they should make him an original character, not just some cocky angst-bag like Paul was. Doesn't anime have enough of those, already? He should be based on Red, but more distantly than Ash was, kind of like Shu from "Pokemon Get da ze!".

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    I agree a lot with people above me, they should do a time skip and make the setting like 10-20 years later like Naruto, Digimon, Hack Sign, etc;, with like As has a grown man and with family or something and upgrade on scenerios like some stuff are predictable atleast make a cliff hangers or tragedy like Pokemon turns on Humans or death of Pikachu or something to freak fans out about on.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    The anime stopped improving when a certain Eskimo hooker joined. They wouldn't put blood in a kid's show. They COULD use water, like Bleach does.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    TR lovers will hate me for this but if Jessie & James didn't appear in every episode. I'd probably still watch it. I stopped watching when the Johto saga ended and have only seen maybe between 10 - 20 since then and they appeared in every single one. So maybe it's a bit late to take them out now since the fans have gotten used to it. But in my opinion they should have had a role like Gary, making surprise appearances every now and again, although maybe a bit more frequently than Gary if they HAD to have them in. It just ruins episodes when they appear, as you know exactly what's going to happen.

Also another idea that was brought up was the spin-off series. My idea (that would make older fan's happy) is maybe the lead characters companion is Misty or something, starting another journey. At least if this spin off series had an Important character like Misty then it wouldn't feel as cheap. Plus they wouldn't have Team Rocket in every single episode, although to make TR fans happy the could throw in Butch and Cassidy every now and again, just not too much. lol

Years
    Are just imagin if ash was older and his pikachu evolved into raichu! But the writers rely on what makes them money not allowing them to broden or expande the series which pisses me off about pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    All Im saying is, Nintendo/Gamefreak and the animation studio are not oblivious to the fact that a large part of their original fans are a lot older now and are still fans and it would be extremely considerate of them to compensate us with better anime aimed at us.
    If they do, do something like that they should be new characters, I don't want to see Ash and Misty making out. I have deviant art for that.
    On topic: To improve it I would say get the old writers and VAs back and I'll watch it again. Oh and no shippy DawnxAsh moments please, Dawn makes Ash look like Einstein.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    So maybe a spinoff would be good (a bit like Yu-Gi-Oh! GX but more different from the original) with a more realistic plot.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    So maybe a spinoff would be good (a bit like Yu-Gi-Oh! GX but more different from the original) with a more realistic plot.

What part of Pokemon do you think needs to be more realistic?

The monsters that have unusual powers that can tear apart the land and nature but rarely, if ever, are lethal? Or the part where capturing them inside a miniature capsule will cause them to obey without question from then on out? Or the part where a new region is introduced, even sometimes regions that are connected by land (Kanto-Johto) but has never ever been mentioned before, everyone acts like it's ALWAYS been there?

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Hm well maybe the fact that each thing happens in one epsiode. It would be great if there was a stroyline that happened in more than one episode and maybe a bit more suspense in it because at the end of each episode the good guys always win.

It's true that old regions like Kanto and Johto seem very non high-tech compared to Hoenn and Sinnoh so it looks like the old regions don't want to develop or something. But that's not the most important to my eyes. I would prefer a most interesting storyline in which something happens in more than one epsiode, if you know what I mean.

Years
    Improvements in the anime?

this thread needs to go away... i dont see a point in it at all.

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
    I thank the anime Gods that you all aren't in charge of what happens in Pokemon, I really do. There's nothing inherantly wrong with the anime as is. To call it repetitive is to call every single season repetitive.

In the early seasons, everyone complained Ash's Pokemon didn't evolve, so now they're making them evolve.

They also complained Ash never actually learnt any of his battling-life lessons, this series he has.

This season Ash finally has a decent rival to, pun intended, rival Gary Oak.

This season the battles have been fast-paced and full of action (personal favourite is Buizel against Lucario).

The only thing that's lacking in my opinion is the comedy/humour of the Kanto League and Orange Islands.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    aren't 4Kids apart of this somehow?? and over-protective parents! like another post I read in this thread, but I think they should kind of change the story line abit in some of the episodes because it kind of repeats the same thing each episode like Ash and co have just left a town or are travelling to go to either Ash's next gym battle or Dawn's contest, then they're travelling they either bump into someone that needs help or a pokemon that needs help. team rocket are spying and planning 'How they are gonna capture pikachu' and when they do it, ash and that just kick their butts and still team rocket never learn. if they had like a couple episodes where they actually captured pikachu took him to Giovanni and then Ash, brock, dawn and possibly someone like officer jenny for example goes to rescue pikachu.

that would be a different change. but really the only people I can blame at the moment are 4Kids they get feedback from viewers and parents and there are some really too over protective parents.

Back