• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If your Togekiss is not holding anything, then you should try giving it a Life Orb. With the help of this item, the power of all of your attacks should be increased by ten-fifteen percent. You should also try replacing Flamethrower with Roost. With this move, you should always be able to keep your Togekiss healthy. I know that Flamethrower's there to take down ice-type Pokémon, but you'll still be able to defeat them with Aura Sphere.

You should remove Signal Beam from Electrode and try giving it Taunt. When you're battling online, this will prevent your opponent from using any kind of set-up moves, like Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, etc.

You Druddigon looks fine to me. I wouldn't change anything about it. (: If it's not holding any items, though, then maybe you should consider giving it a Choice Band. This will limit you to using only one move, but it would dramatically raise the power of your physical attacks.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Im playing Pearl and I've got 5 pokes but I need a new one... and I'm now up to Fantina's gym

My Team so far:

395.gif

Jett the Sassy Empoleon
    Ability: Torrent

-Aqua Jet
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Flash Cannon

My little partner and friend for life. Piplup is my favourite starter out of all generations, pushing ahead of Mudkip but just a touch, and the combination of water and steel type just adds to the coolness. Empoleon will be my main battler in my party.

455.gif

Venus the Sassy Carnivine
    Ability: Levitate

-Power Whip
    -Crunch
    -Ingrain
    -Toxic

Carnivine always struck me as an interesting Pokemon. I've see it in the anime in the possession of James of Team Rocket and decided I wanted to use it. I really don't know where to go with it's moves but I'm dedicated to using it.

398.gif

Skyla the Quirky Staraptor
    Ability: Intimidate

-Brave Bird
    -Fly
    -Return
    -Close Combat

Staraptor has always been one of my favourite flying types, and the fact it learns Close Combat is, well very cool! Along with Empoleon, he will be my main fighter.

078.gif

Blaze the Docile Rapidash
    Ability: Run Away

-Flare Blitz
    -Megahorn
    -Bounce
    -Quick Attack

I know, and before you say "Rapidash is pathetic... it's so not offensive defence... blah blah blah" and whatever competitive technicality terms you guys use, just hear me . Rapidash will have to be my favourite fire type pokemon. And, yes, I do agree it's not GREAT for battling but whatever you guys say, I'll always love it.

446.gif

MUNCHLAX the Quiet Munchlax
    Ability: Pickup

-Metronome
    -Body Slam
    -Brick Break
    -Rock Climb

Munchlax is my ultimate all-time favourite pokemon ever. And honestly, evolving it to Snorlax is a disgrace to its kind. And again, like Rapidash with all those comments, i don't want to hear them, as well as with Metronome.. i like at little luck and random....​

So these are my Pokemon, any suggestions and a final member (which would preferably be chimecho, glaceon, alakazam or mismagius) would be highly appreciated

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I suggest you should get an Alakazam, one that's either Timid or Modest. This Pokémon would make an excellent special attacker for your team, and it could be even more powerful if you maximize its Special Attack stat by EV training. Alakazam's greatest threats are ghost-types, but you can always switch to either Munchlax or Staraptor when your opponent calls one of these Pokémon out on the field. Munchlax and Staraptor are both immune to ghost attacks, so they should have an easy time when it comes to taking down ghost-type Pokémon. d: You may go with Mismagius too if you like, but it's not that great offensively or defensively. It's got great Speed, though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What move should I run on my swanna? I am gonna do surf, fly, and ice beam but what should I do for the fourth? This is in W2 btw.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    You should try giving it either Rest or Roost, so that it can keep itself healthy at all times. You could try Tailwind, too, which would double the Speed stat for all of your Pokémon on the team for four straight turns. If you have a sweeper on your team, then this'll make it easier for you to take down a few of your opponent's Pokémon with it. (: Another move you could try is Brave Bird. You already have Fly on your moveset though, so I'm not exactly sure if this would be much help to you.

Years
  • Okay thanks. I already have roost so I will try that for a while. One more question. What level should I wait for until I evolve my magneton or should I just evolve hike ASAP?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were you, I would evolve it as soon as it learns Flash Cannon. If you're playing either Pokémon Black 2 or White 2, then it should learn this move at level thirty-nine. If you're on Black, White, or other games from any of the previous generation, then you should be able to teach Flash Cannon to Magneton via TM. Flash Cannon is an excellent STAB move for this Pokémon, and it's able to provide a good range of coverage. ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    [B/W2] Need Help With a Team!

(BW2)

I have planned this team:
    (Not for Wifi Battles, Just for playing the game.)
    Gible
    Oshawott
    Arcanine
    Magnemite
    Pidove
    Lucario

I'm not sure if this team would work or not, can someone please tell me how good this would be and if i should make any changes?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Comet7

Star of the show
    Years
  • What would be a good moveset for Glaceon in Pokemon Pearl?

Ice Shard/Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Hidden Power Ground
    Ice Shard because priority attacks can be useful (I'm looking at you Garchomp), and Glaceon doesn't have many options.
    Shadow Ball is good for Lucian but other 'mons might want it more.
    Ice Beam is good STAB.
    Icy Wind can slow things down so you can finish them off with Ice Beam.
    Hidden Power ground covers all weaknesses except for fighting and is useful for Valkner's Gym.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2013
    playing through emerald, advice on my team?

so i just beat the 6th gym in emerald and am stuck on who i should use for my team. currenty i have:

combusken: level 34

linoone: level 35

lombre: level 36

vibrava: level 36

manetric: level 36

absol: level 37

i just caught a duskull that is level 27, i thought i might replace linoone with him. or, should i replace him with a spheal? or any other pokemon i should try out? or just stay with what i have? not necessarily looking for a ultimate team, just some interesting picks people dont use often.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • (BW2)

Gible
    Oshawott
    Arcanine
    Magnemite
    Pidove
    Lucario

I'm not sure if this team would work or not, can someone please tell me how good this would be and if i should make any changes?

Thanks
    You have Lucario => instant win in-game.
    Dunno about Pidove but it might prove useful in Clay's gym so... I think your team is good to go.
    Remember, it's always best to play with your favorites ;)

Years
  • (BW2)

Gible
    Oshawott
    Arcanine
    Magnemite
    Pidove
    Lucario

Thanks

Your team is looking alright at this point, because while you do have some common weaknesses in Fire, Rock, Fighting, Ice and Ground you do have something that can counter those types. Maybe if you give us your movesets we can help point out if your team needs any improvements.

To be honest, in my opinion Pidove (eventually Unfezant) falls short compared to most other Flying-types you'll find in the game, notably Crobat (who has a powerful Acrobatics and balanced stats), Sigilyph (who is part-Psychic and is a good special attacker) and also, if playing White 2 there's always Braviary who is caught on Route 4 if it's Monday. It has high stats for something at that point and hits very hard.

That's the only flaw I see with this team, but it's looking alright so far. I might come back and edit this if I find some stuff to improve your team with.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Movesets

Hello fella I am Rhytham and I want suggestion of all of you. Please tell me good moveset for Granbull,
    Crobat, Rayquaza, Swampert, Deoxys. Please help me this Pokemon are in my team and i am gonna Beat the elite four. I have played Emerald too many times but i want to defeat them without using too many items. And Granbull, Rayquaza , Deoxys and Crobat are the pokemons that i get from Trade. {XD}

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    I need help with a exeggcute on my team... i need help knowing if it could learn the following moves AND if its a good moveset and good to use (not REALLY caring about natures and ev's and iv's) Anyways this is what i would like on the exeggcute/exeggutor

This is my team so far just incase anyone wants to know for better help.

Croconaw lvl 21
    Gentle
    Ice Fang
    Scary Face
    Water Gun
    Headbutt

Flaaffy lvl 20
    Lax
    Headbutt
    Cotton Spore
    ThunderShock
    Thunder Wave

This is what im trying to get a exeggcutor/exeggcute to get please tell me if its not possible to get the following because i got a 2nd moveset ready incase its not possible.

Exeggcute/Exeggutor
    Naughty
    Current moveset, Uproar, Hypnosis, Bullet Seed (hey i never use the tm anyways so why not?),Leech Seed.

Moveset im want,
    Confusion -> psychic
    Sludge bomb
    stomp -> egg bomb
    Wood hammer (no leaf storm because i HATE only having 5 PP)

If i cant get that then this is my 2nd choice for a move set
    confusion -> psychic
    Sludge bomb
    Wood hammer
    Sleep or Poison powder.

btw this is Heart gold (HG) for people who wanted to know.

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    Exeggutor should be special attack based with a modest nature, in my opinion, to best use its 125 special attack stat.
    Flaaffy, once it evolves, could have the move set of Power Gem, Discharge/Thunderbolt (I recommend Discharge for paralyze), Heal Bell, and then another supporting move or special attacking move. It's similar to my Ampharos set in White2, if you want to go defensive.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    Exeggutor should be special attack based with a modest nature, in my opinion, to best use its 125 special attack stat.
    Flaaffy, once it evolves, could have the move set of Power Gem, Discharge/Thunderbolt (I recommend Discharge for paralyze), Heal Bell, and then another supporting move or special attacking move. It's similar to my Ampharos set in White2, if you want to go defensive.

thats nice and all but i would like to know about my exggucute/exggutor...

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    I suggest a Giga Drain, Psychic, Synthesis, and Sleep Powder set.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    First of all this is BEFORE E4 so i cant get Giga Drain or Synthesis (not planning to get synthesis for a LONG TIME)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back