• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    Bless you with your Rock Smash Articuno. I will be praying. Anyway, I'm going to move this to Battle Center, since that's where RMTs go.
    The only reason my Articuno is on the team is for its Ice Beam to help out a little against Lance. Other than that, it's useless.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2013
    Um so I just started with my White 2 and I am currently at the Giant Chasm and now my team is

Emboar
    Metagross(Giant Chasm)
    Sawsbuck
    Haxorus
    Terrakion
    Lapras

Is there any needs for improvement? 0_0
    Would be glad to have some feedback :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Um so I just started with my White 2 and I am currently at the Giant Chasm and now my team is

Emboar
    Metagross(Giant Chasm)
    Sawsbuck
    Haxorus
    Terrakion
    Lapras

Is there any needs for improvement? 0_0
    Would be glad to have some feedback :)

Do yoi have any Pokemon that can beat Shauntal and Caitlin?
    They have some Pokemon that can take hits like Confagrigus, Musharna, Jellicient.
    Because the aforementioned Pokemon can inflict status, which can be a pain in the head.
    I'm assuming Metagross must know any Psychic moves for the Fighting, right?
    Beware, if memory serves right Marshal have at least one Pokemon that can use Earthquake, which is able to attack Metagross with significant damage.
    I'm curious about the Sawsbuck's move set, is it ok to tell us?
    I'm curious about his role in the party.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I'm picking up White again after not playing it for a while, and I'm stuck on my team. Particularly my Samurott and Druddigon, the latter I just added to my team and I haven't settled on a moveset yet. I'm heading to Opelucid City for the eighth gym badge.

Krookodile:
    -Brick Break
    -Rock Tomb
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch

Swoobat:
    -Psychic
    -Charge Beam
    -Air Slash
    -Assurance

Samurott:
    -Slash
    -Revenge
    -Surf
    -X-Scissor

Druddigon:
    -Dragon Tail
    -???
    -???
    -???

I also have a Vanillish for the eighth gym, with mostly Ice moves, that can be replaced for something else.

I'll appreciate any advice given! Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just recently started both Crystal and White 2, and I'm kind at a loss for team ideas.

My tentative team for Crystal:

Typhlosion:
    Flamethrower
    Earthquake
    Thunderpunch
    ???

Espeon:
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Morning Sun
    Calm Mind

Skarmory:
    Steel Wing
    Air Slash
    Fly
    ???

Lapras:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Rain Dance
    Thunder

These Pokemon cover most types, but the team still seems a little weak to me...I've always had a team with 6 Pokemon, but I wanted to try something new with this round. Any suggestions?

Tentative team for White 2:

Emboar:
    Flamethrower
    Flare Blitz
    Brick Break
    Low Sweep

Espeon:
    Psychic
    Morning Sun
    Toxic/Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind

Umbreon:
    Faint Attack/Bite
    Hyper Beam
    Dark Pulse
    ???

Lucario:
    Aura Sphere
    Psychic
    Dragon Pulse
    ???

Excadrill:
    Sword Dance
    X-Scissor
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake

Gyarados:
    Dragon Dance
    Surf
    Ice Fang
    ???

Suggestions would be much appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2013
    Is my current team good?

I got my 7th Badge in Pokemon Emerald and im looking forward to getting the next and then its onto the Elite Four! Though i wonder, is my Pokemon Team good?

Milotic: Level 35

Current Stats:

HP: 121
    Attack: 48
    Defence: 71
    SP Attack: 93
    SP Defence: 109
    Speed: 75

Current Moveset:

Ice Beam
    Hyper Beam (For pokemon like Kadabra/Gardevoir who have horrible defence)
    Surf
    Recover

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bellossom: Level 41

Current Stats:

HP: 132
    Attack: 76
    Defence: 82
    SP Attack: 96
    SP Defence: 102
    Speed: 67

Current Moveset:

Giga Drain (Will replace with Solar Beam when she learns it)
    Sleep Powder
    Acid (Will replace with Sunny Day once i get the TM)
    Moonlight (I am not sure about this one to be honest)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gardevoir: Level 41

Current Stats:

HP: 121
    Attack: 58
    Defence: 65
    SP Attack: 121
    SP Defence: 110
    Speed: 102 (Isnt this a bit too high?)

Current Moveset:

Psychic
    Confusion(For weak pokemon so i wont have to waste Psychic PP)
    Imprison (Shuts down Psychic pokemon)
    Calm Mind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blaziken: Level 41

HP: 129
    Attack: 115
    Defence: 83
    SP Attack: 102
    SP Defence: 75
    Speed: 83

Current Moveset:

Cut
    Peck
    Double Kick
    Blaze Kick

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am thinking of catching an Absol and a Skarmory, what do you guys think? Is there anything that i should improve?

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Milotic: Your reasoning is sound for Hyper Beam, but it's not worth it. Not only does it leave you vulnerable for one turn, but Milotic can't use Hyper Beam effectively with its awful Atk stat. You'd be better off with another SAtk move in my opinion. Like Dive or Waterfall for utility (outside of battle) or Hydro Pump. Reflect or Light Screen would be great, too, but I'm not entirely sure Milotic can learn it.

Bellossom: Sunny Day and Solarbeam sounds like a good idea. I would use a skill set like this: Giga Drain/Solarbeam/Sunny Day/Moonlight. Giga Drain isn't necessary, you just need an attack move for when Sunny Day is down (as a backup). The reason I kept Moonlight is because healing moves are really useful for saving potions. Not only that, but Moonlight in particular has good synergism with Sunny Day (which Bellossom's moveset revolves around). The reason I would choose to ditch Sleep Powder is personal preference. I simply can't rely on it because of its accuracy. There's not really any room in the "new" moveset, but if you must have it, you would replace Moonlight.

Gardevoir: Confusion and Imprison definitely need to be replaced. Imprison is just way too uncertain, to me. Even if it does work, there's not much another Psychic Pokemon can do to Gardevoir regardless. So I would replace those two moves with Thunderbolt or Shockwave, and Reflect. Thunderbolt (or any move, really) accomplishes the same purpose of finishing off a low-HP target without using Psychic's PP, but more importantly, it give Gardevoir more type coverage, allowing it to hit super-effectively against Pokemon weak to Electric (which, of course, helps it do its job). Shockwave can be used, too, if you don't have Thunderbolt. Reflect not only helps the team, but its main purpose is to let Gardevoir set up Calm Mind with ease. The whole moveset should revolve around Calm Mind, and then destroying anything that gets in your way with CM-boosted Psychics and Thunderbolts. Calm Mind, and any stat-boosting move like it, completely trivializes the game, in my opinion.

Blaziken: The moveset I would suggest is, again, going to rely on a stat-boosting move. Bulk-Up/Earthquake/ Brick Break or Sky Uppercut/Aerial Ace. Like I said earlier, I think stat-boosting moves just let you completely cheese the game, so this set is what I would do. But if you don't have the TM or Heart Scale to teach it Bulk-Up, then a mixed sweeper build works just as well. So the second option would be the same as before, but replace Bulk-Up with Blaze Kick, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, or Overheat. I'm pretty sure all Fire-typed attacks are Special, so Blaze Kick still works for hitting Pokemon with low SDef. Since Overheat would be your only Special attack, it works well with this set since it only gimps itself when you use it. If you don't have Flamethrower, then Fire Blast is reliable enough (in my opinion) and extremely powerful.

Absol and Skarmory seem like solid additions to the team; Skarmory covers your Fly'er, and Absol is really good (but Absol is my favorite Pokemon, so I'm pretty biased haha).

These are my suggestions based off my opinion, so you don't have to follow them perfectly. You can roll with pretty much anything and still beat the main game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    I am only wanting to use Gen 5 Pokemon.

So far I have came up with bringing Krookodile, Chandelure, and Samurott though I am open to suggestions if I should replace them, and obviously who I might add.

Krookodile
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Superpower

Chandelure
    Shadow Ball
    Fire Blast/Overheat
    Energy Ball/Hidden Power Fight/Hidden Power Ice/Psychic

Samurott
    Hydro Pump/Waterfall/Aqua Tail/Surf
    Ice Beam/Blizzard
    Megahorn/X-Scissor/Superpower/Hidden Power Grass/Air Slash

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Hi, SaveMeJeebus, and welcome to the forum.

It looks like you want to do some competitive battling. If so then there's more to it than choosing Pokemon and giving their moveset. You'd also have to choose a nature, which item they'll hold, the ability and the EV spread. For more information about these go to Bulbapedia. If online competitive battling is what you intend to do then there's no reason why you can't create a new thread on the Battle Center topic. (Categorize the thread as RMT)

Years
  • Argh, PC ate my post so I'll try again.

With Chandelure, try Fire Blast/Energy Ball/Hex & Will-O-Wisp, unless you have one with IV's for HP Fighting. Go Modest & add Life Orb or a Choice Specs for raw power.

Krookodile looks fine as is, slap on a Choice Band or a Life Orb, and use Moxie as it's ability.

Samurott you can do a few things with - either go all physical in Aqua Jet/Megahorn/Waterfall/Swords Dance, or use an all-out attack set that takes advantage of better SpA with Hydro Pump or Ice Beam. Use a life orb again for some extra power, or leftovers to offset some damage while you try to set up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    I should have mentioned that I plan to tackle the Elite 4 but would like some suggestions first. And I wish to only use Gen 5 Pokemon.

Hi, SaveMeJeebus, and welcome to the forum.

It looks like you want to do some competitive battling. If so then there's more to it than choosing Pokemon and giving their moveset. You'd also have to choose a nature, which item they'll hold, the ability and the EV spread. For more information about these go to Bulbapedia. If online competitive battling is what you intend to do then there's no reason why you can't create a new thread on the Battle Center topic. (Categorize the thread as RMT)

Argh, PC ate my post so I'll try again.

With Chandelure, try Fire Blast/Energy Ball/Hex & Will-O-Wisp, unless you have one with IV's for HP Fighting. Go Modest & add Life Orb or a Choice Specs for raw power.

Krookodile looks fine as is, slap on a Choice Band or a Life Orb, and use Moxie as it's ability.

Samurott you can do a few things with - either go all physical in Aqua Jet/Megahorn/Waterfall/Swords Dance, or use an all-out attack set that takes advantage of better SpA with Hydro Pump or Ice Beam. Use a life orb again for some extra power, or leftovers to offset some damage while you try to set up.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • OK, thanks for clarifying.

For Samurott, I would use the moves Surf, Ice Beam, Air Slash, and Megahorn. Air Slash takes down Fighting-types and Megahorn dents Dark types.

For Chandelure I'd have Shadow Ball and Flamethrower for coverage and Psychic for those Fighting types. Most of these moves have a high PP rate and are 100% accurate, which is essential for reliably beating the Elite Four without having to rely on luck.

No problems with Krookodile at the moment. Make sure you train its Attack stat by giving it a Protein or two.

As for recommending something to add, I'd pack someone who uses Stealth Rock, which greatly helps the three attackers you have already. Boldore, despite being NFE, is the best choice for this role, as not only it has Stealth Rock, but also packs an important ability in the form of Sturdy.

Other than that, its looks good what you've got so far. Good luck against the Elite Four.

Years
  • In addition to having Krookodile, It also might be a good idea to bring a strong Bug or Psychic type with you, given that Grimsley & Caitlin will get demolished by one with a strong Bug STAB, like a Volcarona or Galvanchula with Bug Buzz. Pretty much anything Marshall will throw at you can be crushed with a strong STAB Psychic, so maybe Musharna or Reuniclus. I'd go with Reuniclus because it's a little beefier and has Magic Guard, and can be really deadly after a Calm Mind or two.

Plus, your Chandelure should also help Krookodile cover Shauntal.

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • OK, thanks for clarifying.

For Samurott, I would use the moves Surf, Ice Beam, Air Slash, and Megahorn. Air Slash takes down Fighting-types and Megahorn dents Dark types.

For Chandelure I'd have Shadow Ball and Flamethrower for coverage and Psychic for those Fighting types. Most of these moves have a high PP rate and are 100% accurate, which is essential for reliably beating the Elite Four without having to rely on luck.

No problems with Krookodile at the moment. Make sure you train its Attack stat by giving it a Protein or two.

As for recommending something to add, I'd pack someone who uses Stealth Rock, which greatly helps the three attackers you have already. Boldore, despite being NFE, is the best choice for this role, as not only it has Stealth Rock, but also packs an important ability in the form of Sturdy.

Other than that, its looks good what you've got so far. Good luck against the Elite Four.

Assuming this is BW2.

I don't know about Stealth Rock - the only one I think it would be useful against would be vs Marshall to break his Sawk's Sturdy, but I've always had the most issues facing exactly Marshall and giving him free turns is something I never found myself able to do (maybe I'm just super weak to fighting haha)

Air Slash also really doesn't grant that much coverage on things that outspeed you and decimate you with Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick if they get a chance either. I mean, SE Air Slash has a BP of 150, your STAB Surf hits 137 BP. Hydro Pump outdamages it but is inaccurate (180 BP), I'd just simply run Aqua Jet over Air Slash it as Samurott can then take a hit and chip off that last 15% of something that survives. It's got a decent 100 Attack stat after all.

In regards of things that are pretty decent against the E4, I've always thought Leavanny seems pretty cool. Bug/Grass allows it to decimate 2 of the 4 members of the E4 by itself (Swords Dance/Leaf Blade/X-Scissor/Return I guess), and is also pretty useful vs Shauntal (Grass destroys Golurk and Jellicent) and only really struggles vs her Chandelure, but you should have that one covered already by either your own Chandelure/Krookodile/Samurott.

Marshall is pretty Psychic weak though, and to add to Livewire's suggestion about Reuniclus - I think the Trick Room TM is available pre-E4 at the Abundant Shrine or w/e that Landorus thing is called, so it could make for easier sweeping.

Which leaves you with Samu/Chan/Krook/Reuni/Leav/???, so you could always slap on a Magnezone - its sprite seems confused enough to allow it to believe that it was introduced in Gen V ;)

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    Rate my Blue team

Charizard
    Vaporeon - May change for Lapras.
    Dragonite - Changing to Sandslash
    Snorlax
    Hypno - Not going to link, so no Alakazam.
    Electrode - Since i'm playing Blue I cant get Electabuzz.

2nd Badge achieved, changes to the team will be appreciated!

Last edited:

Pokémon Trainer 188

Replace Electrode with Electabuzz as Electrode does not learn any Electric Type Moves Leveling up and also it does not learn any good moves at all for the matter Leveling Up :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion man, I've never used Electabuzz before so it might be interesting, the problem with Electabuzz is (correct me if i'm wrong) you can only get him in the Power Plant which is quite far in the game since you can't get it until you have surf. That won't stop me from trying though!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Thanks for the suggestion man, I've never used Electabuzz before so it might be interesting, the problem with Electabuzz is (correct me if i'm wrong) you can only get him in the Power Plant which is quite far in the game since you can't get it until you have surf. That won't stop me from trying though!
    Electabuzz can only be optained in Red in Blue you can find Magmar.

I'd remove Dragonite since it is really hard to get and it has a pretty bad movepool. Also if you are able to trade Pokemon Alakazam would be a better choice than Hypno.

Charizard is pretty OP (especially if it is able to use slash), so it's alright I guess. Also teach Vaporeon Ice Beam if you want to catch three of the four legendaries easily.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    Thanks for the suggestions! Who would you recommend instead of Dragonite? I'm not sure who to pick personally. Thanks for the information about Electabuzz, it's a shame i cant get it. I will be sure to teach Vaporeon Ice-beam too! I was also thinking about changing Vaporeon to Lapras but that would mean waiting quite long for a Water type pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2019
    How you doing people :D?
    My team is not finished yet, but I have already 3 party members waiting, mind check the out?

1. Druddigon "Red Jaw"
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    -Outrage: Strong STAB, risky but worth.
    -Earthquake: To take care of ice types and those levitaters that think they're safe.
    -Fire Punch: To deal with those steel types like Escavalier and Scizor (Although Scizor is in OU but well, you never know)
    -Sucker Punch: Attack first for once in a while! Covers psychic sweepers.

2. Electrode "Ball"
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 SpDef
    Modest Nature
    Ability: Aftermath
    -Electro Ball: STAB and perfect with that speed!
    -Signal Beam: Coverage
    -Hidden Power ice/water: Coverage
    -Thunder Wave/ Volt Switch: Both take advantage of his speed. Paralyzing them just makes you 100% go first, and Volt Switch can get you out of sticky situations.

3. Togekiss "Lulzy"
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
    Timid Nature
    -Air Slash: STAB.
    -Flamethower: Coverage to ice
    -Aura Sphere: Coverage to rock
    -Nasty Plot: nasty.

What do you think? I'm still working on the other party members, so please rate these three! Thanks! The team won't be RD, TR or SD, just standard.

Peace!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back