• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Zweilous:
    Crunch, Strength, D.Pulse, Rock Smash(cuz of Hustle)
    Scolipede:
    Agility, S.Dance, Baton Pass, Rollout
    Eelectros:
    Thunder, Drain Punch, Acrobatics, Flamethrower
    ???:
    ???, ???, ??? ,???

I'm new to pokemon and and also this forum,
    I'm almost at the E4, just have to get through V.Road, and was hoping you guys would evaluate my team and recommend the the empty slots?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    Zweilous:
    Crunch, Strength, D.Pulse, Rock Smash(cuz of Hustle)
    Scolipede:
    Agility, S.Dance, Baton Pass, Rollout
    Eelectros:
    Thunder, Drain Punch, Acrobatics, Flamethrower
    ???:
    ???, ???, ??? ,???

I'm new to pokemon and and also this forum,
    I'm almost at the E4, just have to get through V.Road, and was hoping you guys would evaluate my team and recommend the the empty slots?

Ok first off you didnt add the natures so im going to guess all your pokemon are even natured (means they dont have anything diffirent in stats) only thing is your scolipede... im guessing its a baton pass for your Zweilous or electross.... you might wanna remove baton pass or agiility for another move if your scolipede isnt that useful for baton passing.

Years
  • Is pikachu a good substitute for shinx in DPP? Also, is buizel a good water type for thesame game? And finally, what do ya'll think of this team for B2
    Samurott
    Amphoros
    Arcanine
    Golbat
    Crookodile
    Haxorus

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Need some help and opinions on my Emerald team. I have/planning to have:

Blaziken (kinda messed up his EVs, but I was aiming for Attack and Speed, with a little bit of S. Attack)
    Sky Uppercut
    Rock Slide
    Overhead
    Sword Dance

Slaking (like Blaziken, I was generally aiming for Attack and Speed)
    Hyper Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Slack Off
    ??? (currently Strength, but I'm searching for the right move now :) )

Starmie (+252 S. Attack, +232 HP, +26 Speed)
    Hydro Pump
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower (?)
    Recover

Ludicolo (+252 S. Attack, +128 HP, +128 Speed)
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Leech Seed/Giga Drain (which is better?)
    Rain Dance

Now I just got a Bagon, and I'm planning to get a Metagross. I really don't know much about what to do with them, because I have to many physical attackers and not enough moves. I guess I'll teach my Metagross Rest-Talk with Meteor Mash and Earthquake maybe, and EV my future Salamence's S. Attack and make him a mixed attacker.
    Other than this two, I'm stuck with a 4th move for Slaking, and I'm not sure if I should teach my Ludicolo Leech Seed or Giga Drain and whether Flamethrower is a good option for Starmie (I can also teach him Rain Dance and replace Thunderbolt with Thunder).
    Thanks in advance, and sorry for any English mistakes!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Ok first off you didnt add the natures so im going to guess all your pokemon are even natured (means they dont have anything diffirent in stats) only thing is your scolipede... im guessing its a baton pass for your Zweilous or electross.... you might wanna remove baton pass or agiility for another move if your scolipede isnt that useful for baton passing.

Oh my gawd, you were so right about my Scolipede, it got murdered before anything even happened XD
    watch?v=XfLW-hLt30M
    here's the whole embaresment, can't post link sooo

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Need some help and opinions on my Emerald team. I have/planning to have:

Blaziken (kinda messed up his EVs, but I was aiming for Attack and Speed, with a little bit of S. Attack)
    Sky Uppercut
    Rock Slide
    Overhead
    Sword Dance

Slaking (like Blaziken, I was generally aiming for Attack and Speed)
    Hyper Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Slack Off
    ??? (currently Strength, but I'm searching for the right move now :) )

Starmie (+252 S. Attack, +232 HP, +26 Speed)
    Hydro Pump
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower (?)
    Recover

Ludicolo (+252 S. Attack, +128 HP, +128 Speed)
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Leech Seed/Giga Drain (which is better?)
    Rain Dance

Now I just got a Bagon, and I'm planning to get a Metagross. I really don't know much about what to do with them, because I have to many physical attackers and not enough moves. I guess I'll teach my Metagross Rest-Talk with Meteor Mash and Earthquake maybe, and EV my future Salamence's S. Attack and make him a mixed attacker.
    Other than this two, I'm stuck with a 4th move for Slaking, and I'm not sure if I should teach my Ludicolo Leech Seed or Giga Drain and whether Flamethrower is a good option for Starmie (I can also teach him Rain Dance and replace Thunderbolt with Thunder).
    Thanks in advance, and sorry for any English mistakes!

If your Ludicolo has Rain Dish, then you should probably go with Giga Drain. With Rain Dish, your Ludicolo is already having its HP recovered (if it's raining, that is), so there wouldn't be much of a point in having Leech Seed, really. If Ludicolo's got Swift Swim though, then I suggest you should go with Leech Seed. That'd be the only way that Ludicolo can keep itself healthy. As for your Slaking, I think you should consider teaching it Earthquake. With this move, you should be able to have a variety of fire- and rock-type Pokémon taken down, such as Magcargo, Tyranitar, Camerupt, and Golem. You should be able to defeat a few steel-type Pokémon with it, too. If you don't want to use Earthquake, then you may go with Double-Edge if you like. You already have a normal attack in its moveset though (which would be Hyper Beam), so I'm not quite sure if Double-Edge would be able to provide you with any help. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    If your Ludicolo has Rain Dish, then you should probably go with Giga Drain. With Rain Dish, your Ludicolo is already having its HP recovered (if it's raining, that is), so there wouldn't be much of a point in having Leech Seed, really. If Ludicolo's got Swift Swim though, then I suggest you should go with Leech Seed. That'd be the only way that Ludicolo can keep itself healthy. As for your Slaking, I think you should consider teaching it Earthquake. With this move, you should be able to have a variety of fire- and rock-type Pokémon taken down, such as Magcargo, Tyranitar, Camerupt, and Golem. You should be able to defeat a few steel-type Pokémon with it, too. If you don't want to use Earthquake, then you may go with Double-Edge if you like. You already have a normal attack in its moveset though (which would be Hyper Beam), so I'm not quite sure if Double-Edge would be able to provide you with any help. :(

Thanks for the reply. If I teach Slaking Earthquake, what should I teach Metagross? I thought about teaching Slaking Brick Break or Counter, or I can teach Earthquake to Slaking and give Metagross Sludge Bomb or Double Edge. But I think Double Edge for Metagross kind of risky if I'm going with Rest-Talk.
    And what do you think about replacing Starmie's Flamethrower with Rain Dance and Thunderbolt with Thunder, and instead teaching Salamence a fire move?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For Metagross, you should try either Rock Slide or ThunderPunch. Rock Slide should allow you to defeat various fire-types, which are one of its biggest threats. You should be able to take down quite a few flying-types with it, too. With ThunderPunch, you have coverage over all water Pokémon, as well as the ones that are flying. Rock Slide isn't hundred-percent accurate though, so in comparison to ThunderPunch, this move is a bit risky. Sludge Bomb isn't that bad of a choice, but Metagross can perform better on the physical side of things.

Replacing Starmie's Flamethrower with Rain Dance would be a pretty good idea, in my opinion. Not only would it be able to boost Starmie's water attacks, it'd be able to land a helping hand to Ludicolo, too. :) Thunder is a much better move than Thunderbolt in every way, but you would have an extremely hard time using it unless you have rain set up. You may go ahead and replace Thunderbolt with it if you really want to.

Also, if you're EV training your Salamence to be a mixed attacker, then I think it'd be all right to teach it Flamethrower, if you're planning to. It should be able to execute this move perfectly fine—you've got nothing to worry about. Fire Blast would be a much better option for it though, since it deals more damage to the opponent. It also has a good chance of burning your foe, which you may find to be pretty helpful. d:

Years
  • Is pikachu a good substitute for shinx in DPP? Also, is buizel a good water type for thesame game? And finally, what do ya'll think of this team for B2
    Samurott
    Amphoros
    Arcanine
    Golbat
    Crookodile
    Haxorus
    Anyone got any help for me?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Movesets for each Pokemon would be useful, so that we could analyze the team's offensive potential; but as for how it looks at the moment, it looks OK, although the only flaw being that no-one resists Dragon (The champion Iris, has some dragon-types), you might want to add a Steel-type to compensate for the others' weaknesses. Good Steel-types include Ferrothorn, Excadrill and Magnezone, the former two found in caves, and the latter down in that industrial Virbank place. Otherwise, you might want to evolve Golbat (by leveling up with high friendship), because other than Crobat none of your Pokemon are particularly fast (Apart from Krookodile perhaps).

Years
  • Yeah i havent started this game yet so i dont know about my moves and i will deffinitley be evolving everyone. But who should i replace with with a steel type?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That would depend on what steel-type you're going for, exactly. d: If it's a steel/flying Pokémon like Skarmory, then I suggest you should replace Golbat. If it's Aggron, who is a steel- and rock-type, then perhaps you should consider putting it in the place of Crookodile. You can have Aggron and Crookodile on the same team if you like, but that'd make you extremely weak to water-type Pokémon, as well some grass-types. And if you're planning to have a pure steel-type Pokémon on your team, such as Metagross, then maybe you could have Arcanine replaced with it. If you don't want to leave your Arcanine behind, then try Ampharos.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    Hi guys, I am new to the forums, I'm still having a little trouble getting around. But, I found this thread, and decided to post my question here:
    Is this a good team for gen 4 wii Pokemon Battle revolution? I know, I put more than 6, just say which 6 should make it to the team. (These are to be migrated from Emerald.) I'd like any suggestions you could come up with, including about pokemon that I might not have mentioned that you think would make a good addition to my team. Note: I still currently raising them all to lvl.75 in emerald, then, they shall migrate.

Sceptile:
    Leaf Blade
    Giga Drain
    Screech (Thinking of replacing this one with Solar Beam)
    Detect
    Blaziken:
    Sky Uppercut
    Flamethrower
    Mirror Move
    Reversal
    Swampert:
    Waterfall
    Hydro Pump
    Ice punch
    Earthquake
    Venusaur:
    Solar Beam
    Razor Leaf
    Synthesis
    Poison powder (maybe will replace with Toxic)
    Charizard:
    Flamethrower
    Overheat
    Slash (Thinking of replacing this one with Mega Punch)
    Wing Attack
    Blastoise (haven't actually gotten him yet):
    Hydro Pump
    Blizzard
    Skull Bash
    Protect
    Salamence:
    Ability: Intimidate
    Dragon Claw
    Dragonbreath
    Fly
    Double-Edge
    Swellow:
    Ability: Guts
    Sky Attack
    Fly
    Endeavor (OR RETURN)
    Quick Attack
    Raichu:
    Ability: Static
    Thunder
    Volt Tackle
    Thunder Wave
    Agility
    Dragonite:
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Thunder Wave
    Hyper Beam
    Outrage
    Dragonbreath
    Milotic:
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Hydro Pump
    Attract
    Ice Beam
    Recover

Thanks, I hope someone responds soon, and I hope this was the right thread to post in.

Years
  • Do you think this team would work for a black team?

Serperior
    Gothitelle
    Chandelure
    Joltik
    Scrafty
    and pidove?

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
    Years
  • Needing some help with my team!

Looking for some constructive criticism to my X team, as to it was a train wreck that I've now tried to recover (and by train wreck I mean 3 fire starters because I thought they were pretty -_-).

In order from highest to lowest levels:

Raichu Lvl. 58 @ Lax Incense
    - Electro Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder
    - Quick Attack

Gardevoir Lvl. 51 @ Mind Plate
    - Magical Leaf
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dazzling Gleam

Charizard Lvl. 51 Charizardite X
    - Fly
    - Flame Burst
    - Flamethrower
    - Dragon Rage

Delphox Lvl. 51 @ Quick Claw
    - Fire Spin
    - Psychic
    - Flamethrower
    - Fire Pledge

Gabite Lvl. 41 (TRAINING)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Take Down
    - Sand Tomb
    - Slash

Staryu Lvl. 38 (TRAINING)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Gyro Ball
    - Surf

I thinking about switching Staryu with a Skrelp I got from my friend since I already have Gardevoir (and Delphox) for Psychic types and so I have a counter for Fairy types. Also, I am thinking about replacing Delphox (would my Pangoro be considerable?).

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    One thing, Skrelp's not in X, it's in Y. The only water type that's in X is Clauncher.

Years
  • I came into gen 6 totally blind so I don't know many of the pokemon and their types. Having said that, I need help with my team. As of right now I have
    Chespin
    Pidgey
    Torchic
    I'm gonna choose squirtle for my kanto starter and I wanna get a Espuss/Meowstic. I will probably switch pidgey for something but I don' know what. So what types or specific pokemon would you guys suggest?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    Gen 6 Team question~
    Klefki, Prankster, Any Defense nature. Defense/Spdef IVs, Focus Sash
    Spikes, Imprison, Toxic, Thunder Wave

Mega Alakazam, Modest, SPA/Speed IVs
    Psyshock, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Substitute or Hidden Power(haven't decided)

Aegislash, Adamant, ATK/Speed/Def/Spdef(already bred him) IVs, Leftovers
    Sacred Sword, Sword Dance, King's Shield, Shadow Sneak

Ditto, Bashful(neutral), Almost perfect IVs, 27+ across the board, 31 in 4. Choice Scarf
    Imposter

How is this team thus far? Also what is it lacking? I have no idea what to fill the last two slots with. Also, What do you EV on a Ditto?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back