• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In how many of the Pokeman games have you caught 'em all?

Years
    Just something I thought would be a fun thing to ask.

I've only ever caught 'em all in Pokemon red. It was really fun. Almost did in Leafgreen as well but stopped.

Oh, and I'm talking 100% legit with the exception of event pokemon.

blue

gucci
    Years
    None, I've never caught all of the Pokémon, I'd like to but with each game comes another 100+ so my motivation lacks.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    Ya, none yet (And I can't see that changing for the reason that Suicune touched on LOL)

In White I'm slowly filling my Pokedex, but I'm not really putting effort into it, I just evolve everything that goes into my PC, and I've been trading and importing Pokémon from my old games. Right now I have 312, but theres no way that numbers going up to 650 (?) anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    I don't think it is even possible to "catch" them all in the new versions, especially if you don't get events. You could trade for em all, but "em all" arent even in the games.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
    My Blue version is all 151 caught and completed. I try my best with all the other versions, I have every Australian released version and I think they're all at least 90% complete. I always do a whole walking lap of the region after I complete the game with my false swipe Pokemon and some Ultra balls to pick up any stragglers. Generally the ones I'm missing are events that I didn't get to or Pesky roaming legends like my SS Raikou who just wont be caught! Grrr lol I'll get him one day!

Zeus

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
    Years
    I completed the Sinnoh Dex when I had Platinum.
    I'm trying to complete the Sinnoh Dex on Diamond, since I gave Platinum to my brother. Almost done!

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Pokemon Red/Blue and Silver/Crystal. :) Had lots of trading with my brothers but I did it. All the professor gives you is a damn paper you can't even use. >:[

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I completed it in Blue and Silver, I got the Mew from the Slowpoke trainer glitch and Celebi from someone else who used gameshark so I don't know if that counts. But it does to me since I knew no other way for me to get them.I also used a cheat I discovered myself to get all the starters in Silver.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    None. I have been trying, but its impossible to do it without trades.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    None 'cause it is impossible for me to catch, hatch, train to collect them all so I just trade to get the one that missing XD

Years
    I had everything you can get in Red without trading* a decade or so ago. Not without "some" Rare Candies from by good buddy Missingno of course.

*Well, theoretically I could have traded for the rest with my friends, but trading is just too obnoxious, so we never bothered.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I've done the entire 1st and 2nd Generation.
    I'm working on FR/LG and Emerald right now.
    I've done R/S.
    Starting D/P/Pt soon.
    Not sure for B/W ...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Just in Blue and Red. I was close in Yellow, but I was missing a few (I don't remember which). It became a priority then, since I wanted to be the first of my friends to do it. I'm not bothered so much about it now. If I see a Pokémon I don't own, I'll catch it. But I don't really trade any more so getting some version exclusives is nigh-on impossible.

Years
    None of them.. Trading and event-only pokes just wear me down.

Attempting to catch 'em all in gens from before wifi trading is stressing, but it seems almost too boring from 4th gen onwards.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    It's never been an aim of mine to catch every critter. If I was really in the PokeWorld, I'd probably throw the PokeDex in the bin as soon as I got it, to be honest. I really admire people who do manage to collect a large majority of Pokemon, but it's never going to be for me, unfortunately.

Back