• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In terms of who is more benefitial,more powerful or just because he looks good.

In terms of who is more benefitial,more powerful or just because he looks good.

• Kyogre

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Groudon

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Both Destructive,Horrible Legends,They look monstrous

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Keep in mind Kyogre has Calm Mind to boost his already monstrous Sp.Atk, in tangency with Mystic Water, Water Spout, and Drizzle, while Groudon has Bulk Up, which supports his already monstrous Attack stat, but lacks the tangency of Charcoal, Eruption, and Drought. (It has Earthquake, which DOES have STAB, but Water Spout has STAB, and is supported by Mystic Water and Drizzle while Charcoal and Drought don't support Earthquake.)

Also keep in mind that Groudon's Sp.Atk stat to support his Eruption/Charcoal/Drought combo is only 100, while Kyogre's is 150, is boosted by Calm Mind, and has STAB, which Groudon lacks.

The only thng I can think of that Groudon has over Kyogre is Solarbeam, and that's IF you have sunlight up. Kyogre doesn't need rain to use Ice Beam...or any of its STAB Water moves, regardless of sun...It makes their weather-boosted moves neutral:
    -Eruption x2 by Sun, /2 by hitting a Water-Type = 1x
    -Water Spout x1.5 by STAB, /2 by Sun, x2 by hitting a Ground-Type = 1.5x

So, even in sun, Kyogre still wins.

Let's take the idea of Rain for Groudon:

-Groudon has STAB for Earthquake, the best move it can really use in the situation. Thunder's PUSHING it, but even then, it's 2x.
    -Kyogre has STAB for Water Spout, 2x for hitting a Ground-Type, and 2x for Rain. That's 6x damage.

So...anyone want to tell me how Groudon is POSSIBLY better than Kyogre? :S

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Keep in mind Kyogre has Calm Mind to boost his already monstrous Sp.Atk, in tangency with Mystic Water, Water Spout, and Drizzle, while Groudon has Bulk Up, which supports his already monstrous Attack stat, but lacks the tangency of Charcoal, Eruption, and Drought. (It has Earthquake, which DOES have STAB, but Water Spout has STAB, and is supported by Mystic Water and Drizzle while Charcoal and Drought don't support Earthquake.)

Also keep in mind that Groudon's Sp.Atk stat to support his Eruption/Charcoal/Drought combo is only 100, while Kyogre's is 150, is boosted by Calm Mind, and has STAB, which Groudon lacks.

The only thng I can think of that Groudon has over Kyogre is Solarbeam, and that's IF you have sunlight up. Kyogre doesn't need rain to use Ice Beam...or any of its STAB Water moves, regardless of sun...It makes their weather-boosted moves neutral:
    -Eruption x2 by Sun, /2 by hitting a Water-Type = 1x
    -Water Spout x1.5 by STAB, /2 by Sun, x2 by hitting a Ground-Type = 1.5x

So, even in sun, Kyogre still wins.

Let's take the idea of Rain for Groudon:

-Groudon has STAB for Earthquake, the best move it can really use in the situation. Thunder's PUSHING it, but even then, it's 2x.
    -Kyogre has STAB for Water Spout, 2x for hitting a Ground-Type, and 2x for Rain. That's 6x damage.

So...anyone want to tell me how Groudon is POSSIBLY better than Kyogre? :S

well, kyogre is better in stats, but don't you think it depends on the speed?
    because both could kill each other in one hit, it seems.f
    but i find it unfair that they made groudon have more special stats than physical and have more physical attack.
    it has a terrible movepool indeed, but it all depends on the player, the weather effect, and the speed of one pokemon.
    but don't forget that both pokemon can destroy the other if they have the move substitute.
    "Its rainy weather"
    "Groudon used substitue!"
    "Kyogre used surf!"
    "The substitute took damage for groudon"
    "Groudon used Thunder"
    and about 65% of its HP would be out, it would lose if the substitute was still alive.
    but it can work both ways.
    just like i said, it depends on the player.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    I don't really like both of them, and I think that they're both powerful. But if I have to choose, I'll go with Kyogre because of the looks and the stats.

SpartanPatriot

It was fun....goodbye.
    Years
    Groudon looks a lot more powerful. It is like pitting a Tyrannosaurus against a whale. (on land) In the water Kyogyre obviously has the advantage.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I lie Groudon more but in battles Kyogre with the boost of water type stab moves and accurate thunder

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Kyogre, of course!
    Cuz it can actually make good use of it's ability!

Well, it can also be abused by other pokemon.
    against a thunder type, it will have trouble since rain makes electric moves 100% accurate.
    groudon has fire blast and solar beam, thats a good use of its ability.
    but like before, its ability will be abused by other pokemon also.
    a venusaur with a solar beam perhaps?
    Groudon is obviously stronger... Though I am a fan of Kyogre

Physically, but kyogre wins with the special moves.

Back