• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Incubators

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Do you consider incubators worth buying and using? How many do you own? If you don't use them, what do you do with your spare eggs to prevent them from building up?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Oh... I bought several...

But I make them last.

I never, ever use any incubators other than the infinite one on 2 km eggs UNLESS somehow I end up with 9x 2 km eggs, which only happened on one occasion. Then I might consider using one or two regular incubators to free up space.

Otherwise, I use the infinite one strictly on 2 km ones. You can walk 2 km (or 1.24 miles for US folks) in roughly 10-15 minutes so those eggs go by quick, meaning if you use the regular incubators on them, they'll be gone in a blink of an eye.

Currently I'm sitting on nine incubators, but three of them are down to their final use. I only have one egg (5 km) remaining after a day of hatching. The next incubator I'll get is at level 25... which might not happen for another 2-3 days.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Personally so far I've bought them whenever I had a spare egg because I just couldn't stand waiting that long to hatch them - plus I really wanted to make sure I had space free for extras whenever I came across a PokéStop. I do think they're a little pricey for what they are but I'm ok with that for now if it means more chances at getting an Aerodactyl!

Years
  • I haven't spent any money on the game so I only have the infinite use one left. I had thought that you could get more from pokestops so I didn't use them very efficiently. I should have saved the 3x use ones for 5k and 10k eggs, but I just plopped in eggs without thinking about it.

But it's okay. Trial and error is part of the fun. I don't want to turn this game into a numbers crunching contest to see who can get the most the quickest.

Years
  • Esper, I love that attitude. I messed up a couple times before I realized the optimal path, too.

I'm still trying to decide what the best use of actual money is for this game. I spent a little to upgrade my bag, but now I'm weighing... Lucky Eggs? Incense? Incubators?

I think Lucky Eggs wins out, but maybe I'm wrong.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Esper, I love that attitude. I messed up a couple times before I realized the optimal path, too.

I'm still trying to decide what the best use of actual money is for this game. I spent a little to upgrade my bag, but now I'm weighing... Lucky Eggs? Incense? Incubators?

I think Lucky Eggs wins out, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Incense in general I'd say is a big no - you get probably 5-6 Pokémon per incense compared to usually 10+ per lure. If you want to level up fast then Lucky Eggs are definitely worth buying and then save them for when you have a lot of Pokémon ready to evolve at once for tonnes of exp. If you want lots of Pokémon, go for Lure Modules and Pokéballs (seems like a waste but trust me you'll need more balls when you start buying lures - always keep enough coins for some spare balls just in case). Incense is fine if you don't live near any PokéStops but that's about it really, I wouldn't encourage buying that really ever if you want to spend the money wisely. Incubators can be good based on how close you live to a good number of PokéStops for egg spamming.

Chuck Palahniuk

ten question marks
    Years
  • I haven't dropped any cash on GO yet but as soon as I get paid I plan on buying incubators. I do a lot of walking around my neighborhood and I think that buying incubators and being able to hatch more than one egg at once is definitely worth it.

Years
  • Incense in general I'd say is a big no - you get probably 5-6 Pokémon per incense compared to usually 10+ per lure. If you want to level up fast then Lucky Eggs are definitely worth buying and then save them for when you have a lot of Pokémon ready to evolve at once for tonnes of exp. If you want lots of Pokémon, go for Lure Modules and Pokéballs (seems like a waste but trust me you'll need more balls when you start buying lures - always keep enough coins for some spare balls just in case). Incense is fine if you don't live near any PokéStops but that's about it really, I wouldn't encourage buying that really ever if you want to spend the money wisely. Incubators can be good based on how close you live to a good number of PokéStops for egg spamming.

Good advice. When I've used incense, though, I felt like I got a variety of Pokemon. On a lure, I feel like I only get the little stuff... MAYBE one decent pokemon in the midst of a bunch of weedles and rattatas.

I also like being able to move around with the incense... I hate being stuck in one place on the lure, lol.

But even so, I think you're right. Lures (especially combined with a Lucky Egg) are best for leveling.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen yesterday
    I would never buy anything in this game, but does anyone know what levels give you incubators? I think I got 3 extras twice before level 13.

Right now I have 9/9 eggs 85% of the time and 7/9 eggs 15% of the time. Mainly because I can't hatch them all in one go because everytime I pass a pokestop, there;s at least 10 near my house it gives me a new 2.0 egg I don't want. I think I've gotten 20 eggs thus far and only 1 has been a 10 km egg, do you have to walk 10 km to get a 10 km egg? Or do you just get 1 for every 50 eggs you get?

I kind of wish you could throw eggs away so I could just toss the 2.0 eggs.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Yeah, I purchased a few pokécoins the other day and bought a few incubators. I knew I had a night of wandering about ahead of me and I wanted to unload the eggs I had just been, well, sitting on. Unfortunately my efforts didn't pay out much; nothing interesting was hatched... but those are the odds, huh?

I try to do the best method of hatching 2km eggs with the infinite incubator, but like the rest of you, that was a learning process... even still, sometimes I just really wanna get rid of them.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I might buy one one day, I don't know? I got one in a Pokestop and I like having two. The eggs are the part I like most of the game! I must love the surprise.

Back