• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Indigo Disk Team Build Help

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Hello there! Been a while since I did a post here, but I need some help. I just finish the Teal Mask DLC today, just in time for the Indigo Disk DLC. So now I'm trying to build a new team for this new DLC. But I need help building it. I'm thinking of making two teams: a double and single team. Please no spoilers. I'm thinking about doing a rainy day double team, but I have no idea how to build one. The only Pokemon I'm thinking of having on team so far is Pelipper. As for the single team I want to make a mono type grass team, and the one Pokemon I know I want on that team is Drippin (yes I know it will evelove in this DLC that's why I want it). Any help will be great cause I want this to be a challange and have fun these two teams as well. Thanks.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    For a rain team, look for abilities and moves that benefit from rain.

Some things:
    • The Swift Swim ability. Doubles their speed in the rain. Includes Pokemon like Ludicolo, Basculegion, Overqwil, and Beartic (with the hidden ability). Tends to be the team's heavy hitter.
    • Hurricane. Jumps up to 100% accuracy (from 70%) in the rain. Hits Grass types that might trouble a Water-heavy team otherwise. Already has that with Pelipper. Could take on someone like Dragonite too.
    • Thunder. Same as Hurricane. Deals with other Water types well, on top of better coverage. Finds plenty of Pokemon with this. Mentions Raichu as one Pokemon with Lightning Rod (but not the only one) to keep your Water types safer from Electric moves. Could also switch in someone with a Volt Absorb (Lanturn, Jolteon, Kilowattrel) or Motor Drive ability if you expect something to fry Pelipper.
    • Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus. Carries a move each that increases to full accuracy in the rain.

Consider having the means to set up rain without Pelipper too. Might lose rain because of an enemy weather Pokemon (like Torkoal, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Abomasnow...). Do not forget about abilities like Cloud Nine (Golduck, Altaria) that suspend weather effects while on the field either.

Finds several more Pokemon in Blueberry Academy that fit pretty well on a rain team too. Leaves you to discover them.

For a monograss team[ What are you weak to? Fire, Bug, Flying, Ice, and Poison. What Pokemon have a secondary typing to help with that? (Typically only wants dual-typed Pokemon here. Needs to bring a lot to the team to justify a pure Grass type.)

Some options:
    • Ludicolo and Sinistcha (with its hidden ability, Heatproof). Helps versus Fire types.
    • Toedscruel and Torterra. Beats Poison types. Delivers good damage against Fire types too.
    • Ogerpon. Very adaptable with its masks. Depends if you want to use a legendary or not.
    • Breloom, Chesnaught, Hisuian Decidueye, Hisuian Lilligant: Fighting for those Ice types. Helps versus Bugs...kinda.
    • Arboliva: Free Grassy Terrain.
    • Scovillian: Handy versus Bugs and Ice with its Fire typing.
    • Rotom (Mow) and Hisuian Electrode: Electric for those pesky Flying types.
    • Meowscarada: Does it help versus the above types? ...No. Works against a few different types, though, and is fairly strong for its typing.

Mentions one more thing: sun. Gave Grass types quite a few abilities beneficial in the sun. Names Chlorophyll in particular. Doubles your speed, much like Swift Swim. Must set that manually, however. Provides an additional benefit of instant Solar Beams and Solar Blades. Falls to you if you wish to pursue it.

Two good Chlorophyll Pokemon for the team:
    • Victreebel: Solar Beam and Weather Ball. Brings Poison to boot.
    • Scovillian: Solar Beam and already strong Fire moves.

Would personally forego the Chlorophyll option on a singles monograss team. Hates using weather manually, especially in singles.

Do not be afraid to go slow. Use your status moves (like Spore and Sleep Powder) to let your Pokemon buff themselves up with moves like Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Dragon Dance, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Victory Dance (on Hisuian Lilligant), and so on. Consider something like Leech Seed paired with Eerie Impulse/Charm as an alternative means of doing so. Brings up Strength Sap as another stellar move towards that same end. Recommends at least one fast, hard-hitting Pokemon with some power in case you need it, however, such as Meowscarada.

Personally picks a team of something like Meowscarada, Ludicolo, Breloom, Rotom (Mow), Torterra, and Lilligant. May notice Lilligant is a pure Grass type and not listed above. One reason: Quiver Dance. Becomes a big, fast threat on the special side with enough time.

Pre-post edit: Oh, right. Hydrapple. That over Torterra. Does not need two double Ice weaknesses. Also remembered Hisuian Lilligant's amazing Victory Dance move. Think about that one too.

Edit: Mentioned a Pokemon that returned in Blueberry Academy. Removed it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Pretty late I guess, but there's no point in making a Singles and a Doubles team for Indigo Disk, because all the battles are Doubles.

The trainers in this DLC use strategies that involve held items and good team synergies. It's recommended to be prepared to deal with Focus Sash setups, weather-countering, damage reducing berries allowing Pokémon to survive a hit from their most obvious weakness, entry hazards, Life Orbs, AI Pokémon using Earthquakes with a Flying/levitating ally, etc. And get at least two bulky Pokémon because just sweeping everything with fast glass cannons as you could probably do in the main story isn't going to work here, unless you're very overlevelled. Knock Off would be probably great against some opponents that are pretty dependant on their held items, but sadly none from my team could learn it so I couldn't rely on that.

Back