• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Insert Witty RMT Name Here* RMT Please.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
Years
  • Here is my team, changed again. Hope that it's got less flaws than the last. OU with a hint of BL.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 116 HP/252 Spd/140 SAtk
    Timid nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Will-O-Wisp

Burns Garchomp, Paralyzes Special Attackers. A suprsingly good lead, and Gyarados counter,sorta.

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick

Standard Special Sweeper set with added Trickery.

Salamence @ Choice Band
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 Atk
    Adamant nature
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Blast

My team's Physical Sweeper.

Registeel @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 Sp.Def
    Careful Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunder
    - Stealth Rock

The Team's Physical Wall. Ice Punch to get Dragons, Earthquake for big damage to Metagross and more. SR to support team. Thunder to send Gyarados packing.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def/216 Sp.Def/40 HP
    Calm nature
    - Seismic Toss
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled
    - Aromatherapy

Special Wall. obviously, we all know that.

Tentacruel @ Toxic Sludge
    Ability: Liquid Ooze
    EVs: 204 HP/172 Sp.Def/36 Spd/96 Sp.Atk
    Calm nature
    - Surf
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

Rapid Spins away Seeds, Rocks and Spikes. Toxic Spikes to help team. Sludge Bomb to hit fellow water types hard.

I've tried to incorporate a lot of things, and I think it's payed off. RMT please, thanks very much. :D

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Here is my team, changed again. Hope that it's got less flaws than the last. OU with a hint of BL.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 116 HP/252 Spd/140 SAtk
    Timid nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunder Wave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Will-O-Wisp

Burns Garchomp, Paralyzes Special Attackers. A suprsingly good lead, and Gyarados counter.
    I have no experience with this so I'll take your word for it.

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic
    - Grass Knot/HP Fire
    - Trick

Standard Special Sweeper set with added Trickery.
    Standard TrickSpecs set, shadow ball doesnt help this set too much compared to regular specs set.

Salamence @ Choice Band
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 6SpAtt/252 Spd/252 Atk
    Adamant/Lonely/Naughty
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Blast

My team's Physical Sweeper.
    Consider one of the above natures. Its high SpAtt doesnt seem like much when you have no EV investment and a -SpAtt nature.

Skarmory @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Ability: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/96 Atk/156 Def
    Impish nature
    - Spikes
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird
    - Whirlwind

Standard Skarm Set. :) The Team's Physical Wall.
    Fine

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def/216 Sp.Def/40 HP
    Calm nature
    - Seismic Toss
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled
    - Aromatherapy

Special Wall. obviously, we all know that.
    You're missing some EVs out there ;)

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Atk
    Impish nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin

Rapid Spins away Seeds, Rocks and Spikes. SR's to help my team and hits threats hard.
    Sure.

I've tried to incorporate a lot of things, and I think it's payed off. RMT please, thanks very much. :D

Generally looks fine. However skarmbliss is severly outdated and is no longer a viable pairing, mostly due to mixape's popularity. I'd switch donphan for starmie or tentaruel- Both are excellent mixape counters and allow you to retain spin support. I'd also recommend picking a new wall over skarmory.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Red Rain, do NOT double post, under any circumstances. Ever. Wait patiently, people will help you eventually.

Red Rain

Years
  • I have decided to replace Donphan with Weezing, and instead of Skarm, If I was to pick Gliscor, that could provide me with SR support. However, I'd then be left with no normal Spiker. Do you think my team would be ok without the spiker?

Dark_Azelf, I will not do that again, just it was a long time I'd waited. I do understand fully now.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I have decided to replace Donphan with Weezing, and instead of Skarm, If I was to pick Gliscor, that could provide me with SR support. However, I'd then be left with no normal Spiker. Do you think my team would be ok without the spiker?

Dark_Azelf, I will not do that again, just it was a long time I'd waited. I do understand fully now.

Gliscor isnt a great option, it gives you a second 4x ice weak. Forretress can give you a resist as well as a spinner/spiker.

Red Rain

Years
  • Hmm again, Forry is a nice option, yet they are far too common, and it's like I want my team to be just a bit more different, although saying that, Gliscor is also very common. I'll have to think on that one. Maybe something BL that can be resistant to ice and lay down Stealth Rock or Spikes?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Since you have weezing for full walling, BL ice-resisting high def tanks comes under the names of registeel, slowbro, and miltank (with thick fat)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • However skarmbliss is severly outdated and is no longer a viable pairing, mostly due to mixape's popularity.

It's actually because they're metagame weak in general :P MixApe is maybe 5% of it, at best. and CBmence doesn't really need SAtk since it still 2HKOs Skarm and OHKOs forry.

This team actually has a fair bit of trouble switching in on Skarmory. Alakazam isn't exactly bulky, and Missy doesn't like Brave Birds either. You're okay against it, but it can eventually wear out your special sweepers enough to really wall your team.

Honestly I'd try and find a fighting resist (one that's more reliable than the shaky Mismagius). In all honesty Donphan is kind of outdated, and Hipppowdon is a better wall. If you're paranoid of SR and Spikes (or SS damage), go ahead and keep it. You could use the walling though.

Red Rain

Years
  • I really am stumped on what to go for. Skarm's slot needs taking, so any concrete ideas on what you lot might go for?

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
  • Mismagius isn't a good lead. TTar and Weavile will easily kill it. You may be able to burn TTar, but the 2nd Pursuit will kill you regardless. Salamence is a much better lead.

A combination of Infernape + Weavile can tear your team apart, so beware of that. Weavile will kill Zam and Mismagius while Infernape with HP ice takes care of the rest. I think Gengar does a much better job than Mismagius if you're gonna use this kind of set. The only thing that Mismagius does better than gengar is Sub + Calm Mind, or Perish Trap.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Mismagius isn't a good lead. TTar and Weavile will easily kill it. You may be able to burn TTar, but the 2nd Pursuit will kill you regardless. Salamence is a much better lead.

A combination of Infernape + Weavile can tear your team apart, so beware of that. Weavile will kill Zam and Mismagius while Infernape with HP ice takes care of the rest. I think Gengar does a much better job than Mismagius if you're gonna use this kind of set. The only thing that Mismagius does better than gengar is Sub + Calm Mind, or Perish Trap.

Gengar is especially better at being dead weight...

I actually agree with Sya though despite my obvious Gengar hate. Gar runs the status set better. I honestly wouldn't use either one since your team has other issues.

I honestly think Skarm isn't the thing you should be worrying about replacing right now (though I'm not exactly against the idea of it leaving, I just think Missy is a lot less important than an Outrage resist and a stable normal resist).

Red Rain

Years
  • Thanks for all your advice. Got a lot of thinking to do, I'll change the first post, showing the Tentacruel, which I replaced with Donphan. Really hard to decide on what to replace Skarm with. Registeel, Regirock, Cloyster maybe even Torkoal with his SR and EQ?

Years
  • Thanks for all your advice. Got a lot of thinking to do, I'll change the first post, showing the Tentacruel, which I replaced with Donphan. Really hard to decide on what to replace Skarm with. Registeel, Regirock, Cloyster maybe even Torkoal with his SR and EQ?
    Torkoal is terrible, unless you want to counter Scyther. Torkoal is also weak to Stealth Rock himself, so each time you come in and try to spin away those rocks you lose a chunk of health (It can use Rapid Spin. >=[ ) Registeel could do well with balanced defenses that are gigantic as well as balanced offenses.

Last edited:

Red Rain

Years
  • Maybe I'll go for a Registeel, oh no, I really don't know. XD

First post updated with Tentacruel replacing Donphan.

EDIT: Changed Skarmory to Registeel. How is my team now and the moves I have gave that and Tenta?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    At a glance, Gyarados could be a serious problem. I normally would never suggest this, but you could consider Starmie over Tentacruel to cover that problem. It also helps with some spinning as well.
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Moveset EVs :160 HP / 132 SpA / 216 Spe
    ~ Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Recover
    ~ Surf

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    At a glance, MixApe could be a serious problem. I normally woukd never suggest this, but you could consider Starmie over Tentacruel to cover that problem. It also helps with some spinning as well.
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Moveset EVs :160 HP / 132 SpA / 216 Spe
    ~ Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Recover
    ~ Surf

Tentacruel already does the same job as Starmie, aka, counters Mixape and spins.

Unless you meant Gyarados, who by chance is a problem to this team, either put Thunder on Registeel or use Starmie >> Tenta.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    Tentacruel already does the same job as Starmie, aka, counters Mixape and spins.

Unless you meant Gyarados, who by chance is a problem to this team, either put Thunder on Registeel or use Starmie >> Tenta.

Bah, sorry about that your right. I meant Dos. I edited it.

Red Rain

Years
  • Hmm, Thunder might have to go over Toxic, although I didn't want it to. Nevermind, I agree with your advice, although Mismagius does have Thunderbolt, and is put as the lead, in order to counter many of the teams with Gyarados at the helm, so I might go against changing Toxic for TB. Thanks for your advice, it's very much appreciated.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hmm, Thunder might have to go over Toxic, although I didn't want it to. Nevermind, I agree with your advice, although Mismagius does have Thunderbolt, and is put as the lead, in order to counter many of the teams with Gyarados at the helm, so I might go against changing Toxic for TB. Thanks for your advice, it's very much appreciated.

As great as Gyarados is as a lead, it CAN switch and come back later, and if it gets in a DD on the switch, you'll be in major pain.

Thunder on Registeel easily stops this and so does starmie....as previosly stated.

Back