• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interesting blog...

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
  • I support everything Virtual Headache said. You're overreacting Blaze. FO said my site had bad translations, and my forum was listed under "small forums". Am I flipping out over it?

"OH NOES! A BLOGGER SAID SOMETING BAD ABUT MY SIIIIITE! GAWD!"

And evidently 80% of people in this thread agree with said blogger on most comments, so here, it's your opinion that's minority.

I'm working on my translations, not going to complain about it <<;

------------------------

In other news, I feel semi-bad that I even commented on this little thing you're having here.

Paul stop trying to play the part of the hero, I think we both know why you are trying to become everyones hero here at PokeCommunity.

How is my view a minority, when anyone that I showed outside this forum believes it was a load of crap? Not everyone comes to PokeCommunity, infact many people refuse to come here for one reason or another.

Also, if I was overreacting I would have flamed the person on his LJ. Clearly I didn't, nor plan on it in the future.

_______

I had more to say, but I am not going to purposely attack another Webmaster. I think it is just downright stupid, and is only used for means of attention.

Oh and Morkula, don't keep your own opinion to yourself in fear of someone attacking it. Clearly it is going to happen, you just need to learn how to deal with it. Look at the people that attacked mine, I honestly don't care because in the end I know that I am my own person and stuck to my beliefs.

Years
  • I know who is writing it, that is why I am mad. Passing it off as a "random observer" is rather idiotic.

Who is it then?
    Nobody asked the person who they were.
    They would have probably admitted it, who knows.

It isn't that I cannot take criticism, I find it odd it didn't raise a red flag to any of you that this person has not revealed themselves to anyone. Usually, if you truly are try to give positive criticism you don't hide behind a random blog.

I'm not fine with someone being anonymous when posting an opinion either, but they probably just tried to protect themselves.

Besides, of course people are going to agree here at PokeCommunity. I noted that would happen above, I never thought for a minute anyone who disagree with the person.

There are a lot of different people on PC, which have a different idea of a website/forum and maintaining it.
    We don't all belong to the same 'PC' group so our opinions can also vary, we just agreed in this thread.

Oh and how did I not listen to the criticism oO? I listened to it, and then disagreed so I don't see why anyone would get up in my grill.

Well, you could have just stated why you disagree, but what you also did was calling the blog propaganda and crap.

Though I won't lie about this, I do enjoy the fact we were talked about in the Blog seeing we are only 3 months old. And I also stated PIForums was small, not as a cheap shot but to point out the regular Pokemon Fan (which is absolutely none of us, since we are all hardcore users_) would not know about it.

You said that about other sites as well (for example, Pokéjungle).

Paul stop trying to play the part of the hero, I think we both know why you are trying to become everyones hero here at PokeCommunity.

How is he trying to become everyone's hero?
    He is just stating his opinion.

How is my view a minority, when anyone that I showed outside this forum believes it was a load of crap? Not everyone comes to PokeCommunity, infact many people refuse to come here for one reason or another.

I don't know how many people you showed this, but you certainly didn't ask everyone on the internet.
    Let everyone believe what they want to believe, it doesn't matter which opinion is the minority.

Also, if I was overreacting I would have flamed the person on his LJ. Clearly I didn't, nor plan on it in the future.

You called the blog crap and propaganda here though.

_______

I had more to say, but I am not going to purposely attack another Webmaster. I think it is just downright stupid, and is only used for means of attention.

Oh and Morkula, don't keep your own opinion to yourself in fear of someone attacking it. Clearly it is going to happen, you just need to learn how to deal with it. Look at the people that attacked mine, I honestly don't care because in the end I know that I am my own person and stuck to my beliefs.
    Yes, you stick to your opinion which is a good thing, but when someone has got a different opinion than yours, it doesn't automatically mean that it's a "wrong" opinion.
    There is no such a thing as a right opinion (for me at least) at all.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • 1. I never publically posted on a forum, that PJN is crap and or small.
    2. I ment I never went to the LJ and posted/flamed.
    3. I think my opinion is known, though I don't automatically give a "your wrong" reply. Usually I am infact *not* right, and I admit it. However admiting wrongdoing, and standing for your beliefs are entirely different.

Savage X

dclxvi
    Years
  • Wow, interesting blog....and conversation? I'll stay out...but I HAVE to ask this question.

Has Shinou Community really only been around since 08-17-2006??

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Wow, interesting blog....and conversation? I'll stay out...but I HAVE to ask this question.

Has Shinou Community really only been around since 08-17-2006??

No, it opened on September 24th, 2006. I (and a few PC Admins) joined early because it was supposed to be a temporary home during the Server fix.

Savage X

dclxvi
    Years
  • So the forum opened - meaning allowing people to join and post on the 24? A day after mine opened? How in the world did you manage those users and posts? Even if they were forced to join....

Do you want to take this to PM if you don't mind?
    ----
    Also, does anyone know a way of getting in contact with the blog owner? He is very, very good at writing reviews and opinions and I'd like to talk to him.

Years
  • 1. I never publically posted on a forum, that PJN is crap and or small.
    You did.
    From Shinou said:
    Paul, stay ontopic. This is about TotalPokemon not your small site.
    2. I ment I never went to the LJ and posted/flamed.
    Yes, you didn't but you also didn't react to the criticism you got in a civilised matter.
    3. I think my opinion is known, though I don't automatically give a "your wrong" reply. Usually I am infact *not* right, and I admit it. However admiting wrongdoing, and standing for your beliefs are entirely different.
    You act like your opinion would be the only right one.

Also, does anyone know a way of getting in contact with the blog owner? He is very, very good at writing reviews and opinions and I'd like to talk to him.
    Replying to the blog?

Savage X

dclxvi
    Years
  • Yeah I just want to say he did a good job and ask him a few questions....because he seems to be a forum expert which is what I'd like to be good at too. Also recommend him doing ThePokePlace even though it's technically brand new.

(Is that what you meant?)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Blaze: You're 17 years old, act your age. That's what CC is for; just embrace his opinion(or fact, as everybody but you thinks it's true). This topics going to get a lock if you keep up with this bullshnitey.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • I'm finding it extremely interesting, and will continue to read his posts.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • I love the fact people attack me, even though it is so obvious who this person is. It is also hilarious that the person now has gotten into "merging forums with PC", which is exactly why I predicted a certain male made it in the first place.

Any of you that really thought this was some "random observer" needs to get their head checked. Infact I do hope this thread IS closed, because it just Advertisement SPAM for someone who made a random blog, and is trying to state it is someone "totally random".

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think I'm going to have to link this thread on a comment I leave~ it's just too awesome.

That said though...what if they already know? o_o;

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • *sigh* I'll put in my two cents. I agree with Blaze on that it is obvious who the blogger is, but I have to admit that alot of what the blogger says is right on target. Now I'm not saying I agree with him 100%, but IMO he makes some valid points.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    I love the fact people attack me, even though it is so obvious who this person is. It is also hilarious that the person now has gotten into "merging forums with PC", which is exactly why I predicted a certain male made it in the first place.

Any of you that really thought this was some "random observer" needs to get their head checked. Infact I do hope this thread IS closed, because it just Advertisement SPAM for someone who made a random blog, and is trying to state it is someone "totally random".
    Not everyone is attcking you Blaze. :)

but also who did type the blog? Koroku

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Actually, if it was me, I would've blasted away Blaze already.

I got a VERY interesting PM from D@N, the source of a lot of "exclusive" TP images, and those images were in fact just found on other sites. They said point blank.

And YET TotalPokemon did NOTHING to credit those "other" sites and instead gave the impression that D@N actually had the game. Then had the GALL to say "Don't use without permission". As if they hadn't just STOLEN IMAGES.

So while you guys can whore out my name in some sort of relation to this, I would've already flamed Blaze's ass. And I wouldn't have been so kind to some of the other sites mentioned to.

Believe it not, there's other people who can think similarly about stuck up webmasters. =] I mean, I know it's hard to believe arrogant as hell people get annoying but...it's so obvious.

I honestly don't care if you think it's me, what difference does it make? None in the long run~ It's not me, and you can think whatever you want =) It just makes you that much more guillible.

~~~~~

And as a side note, yes, I would have already absolutely flamed some other sites if I wanted an anyomous blog to pass out insults. This includes TP, PocketMonsters (which they haven't mentioned), and a few other places that don't deserve the time of day.

If you read MY blog, I've made up with Serebii, I wouldn't start that all over~

~~~~~~

But in the end, whatever XD I just realized this sounded like a total spazz-out, and in part it was because I'm pissy about D@N's PM, but otherwise think what you will =P It doesn't bother me, and I honestly don't know if it will bother them~

Last edited:

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Actually, if it was me, I would've blasted away Blaze already.

I got a VERY interesting PM from D@N, the source of a lot of "exclusive" TP images, and those images were in fact just found on other sites. They said point blank.

And YET TotalPokemon did NOTHING to credit those "other" sites and instead gave the impression that D@N actually had the game. Then had the GALL to say "Don't use without permission". As if they hadn't just STOLEN IMAGES.

So while you guys can whore out my name in some sort of relation to this, I would've already flamed Blaze's ass. And I wouldn't have been so kind to some of the other sites mentioned to.

Believe it not, there's other people who can think similarly about stuck up webmasters. =] I mean, I know it's hard to believe arrogant as hell people get annoying but...it's so obvious.

I honestly don't care if you think it's me, what difference does it make? None in the long run~ It's not me, and you can think whatever you want =) It just makes you that much more guillible.

~~~~~

And as a side note, yes, I would have already absolutely flamed some other sites if I wanted an anyomous blog to pass out insults. This includes TP, PocketMonsters (which they haven't mentioned), and a few other places that don't deserve the time of day.

If you read MY blog, I've made up with Serebii, I wouldn't start that all over~

~~~~~~

But in the end, whatever XD I just realized this sounded like a total spazz-out, and in part it was because I'm pissy about D@N's PM, but otherwise think what you will =P It doesn't bother me, and I honestly don't know if it will bother them~

1. Why would I need to sourc Serebii, when we already had a prior agreement to share Diamond/Pearl images freely. I also have rights to the minisprites, though I have yet to use them but I might as well state I do now incase you want to call me a theif later.

2. What other sites? Paul, no one even stated your name yet you come in here and flame me other sites. Seriously control yourself, and stopping letting loose on people left and right.

3. D@n also posted some images that are entirely his, along with others who have posted Images on Shinou from their own games. Please don't try to tell me you now are also fluent in Spanish, and are calling them liars.

4. Why are you trying so hard to convince people otherwise? The post you just made consisted of the following: a.) Flaming Blaze b.) Flaming TotalPokemon c.) Accusing #PocketMonsters d.) Flaming Blaze e.) Flaming TotalPokemon once more.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Seriously, ha. It doesn't work that way Blaze. I got bent out of shape after remaining levelheaded about you and your site, but you on the other hand...

Well, you can freak out then pretend that you're the voice of rationality. I personally PM'd D@N, so I don't need your second hand excuses either =]

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Seriously, ha. It doesn't work that way Blaze. I got bent out of shape after remaining levelheaded about you and your site, but you on the other hand...

Well, you can freak out then pretend that you're the voice of rationality. I personally PM'd D@N, so I don't need your second hand excuses either =]

Yes you PM'ed a Spanish Speaking native o_O Bravo!

Not to mention D@N wasn't the only one who we showcased on TotalPokemon, but thanks for that little tidbit. Not to mention we usually showcased 1-2 of his, and the rest were from our own.

Not to mention, I am personally calm. I may get mad when people spread lies out about my site, but I don't go on a flaming rant about other Webmasters'. I hope you take note of my attitude, and possibly consider act more responsibly like myself and other fellow Webmasters'.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yes you PM'ed a Spanish Speaking native o_O Bravo!

Not to mention D@N wasn't the only one who we showcased on TotalPokemon, but thanks for that little tidbit. Not to mention we usually showcased 1-2 of his, and the rest were from our own.

Not to mention, I am personally calm. I may get mad when people spread lies out about my site, but I don't go on a flaming rant about other Webmasters'. I hope you take note of my attitude, and possibly consider act more responsibly like myself and other fellow Webmasters'.
    Sometimes, don't you just wish half the thread hadn't happened? Like...you could pretend that you hadn't made a fool out of yourself and then tried to act mature.

Darn reality.

Back