• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Interesting thought... XD

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Okay, so this came to me earlier today when I was starting a new Emerald playthrough. Wally starts his Pokemon journey with a level 5 Ralts that you help him catch; fair enough. However, at level 5, Ralts only knows Growl. That brings up the question of how the hell he levels the Ralts up, let alone catch more Pokemon with it. XD

Lunux

<-- My recolours!!!
    Years
    HA! that's right and he doesn't have any other pokemon during the second encounter. interesting. maybe he had another pokemon to help level it up but just tossed it aside and kept going with Ralts. i can't imagine myself doing that to the pokemon and not even giving it a try in a battle with another trainer. nice find.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Plenty of reasons. First thing I thought of was that Wally could use rare candies until Ralts learned Confusion.

Another thing is that he put it in daycare, hwoever, if he did he would "White out" and "lose".

The last one was thought up by the one and only Ryan saying that he could catch another pokemon (As you CAN catch low levels when they still have full health) and use them to switch out and train that way. But if he did, then why would he attempt to challenge Mauville gym with ONLY his Ralts?

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    lol! Marz and I were just discussing this. I mean, Why did he even need your help throwing a pokeball? I mean its not that hard. I hate Wally because he is "special."

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I think Wally used a GameShark.

I always knew he was a cheater!

(On a serious note, the whole situation was meant as the tutorial on how to catch a Pokemon... it's been offered in every game.)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You guys are really over-analyzing this. Ralts learns Confusion at Lv6. The Ralts that Wally found (a wee bit quick, if you ask me) could have been Lv6, allowing to have an attacking move and being its only Poke, making it Lv16 when you meet up with Wally again in Mauville.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Not the one in my game, its level5, has been everytime.

Plus, we knew it was made that way for the catching tutorial, but Origin just stated a fault in the game. o.O Thats all there was to it.

elric331

Kurosaki Ichigo
    Years
    ah, i never noticed this....

i mostly notice the zigzagoon Norman gives him and that he takes a frickin long time catch the bloody thing.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Why is your dad, the 5th gym leader, carrying around a crappy Zigzagoon? lol, I'm surprised it didn't know facade XD

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    Maybe Wally caught something else like a Poocyena or Wurmple and it helped battled wild pokes while Ralts went out first. Ralts got enough experience and it learned Confusion one level later, level 6. Then all Wally has to do is kick every nonPoocyena Pokemons's ass, get into battles, and level up.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    Ralts used Struggle to gain all those EXP points =P

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    Yeah, Ralts used Growl 40 times before going for the kill with Struggle! Just goes to show the value of a good setup in battle...

Also, Ralts can Trace or Synchronize something that does damage -- abilities like Flame Body or Rough Skin. Or maybe Wally fought something that was incredibly unlucky with Hi Jump Kick, and knocked itself out without ever landing a blow? The possibilities are endless...

Jolty-kun

Years
    Maybe some guy came upto him and said.. "Hmm, looks like you have a crappy Ralts that only has growl! Here, have a TM." OR he could of traded the Ralts for a better one. \:
    There's always a way around it. xD

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    Or maybe Wally's ralts is like the anime where things make no sense. So ralts already knew some attacks.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Or maybe Wally's ralts is like the anime where things make no sense. So ralts already knew some attacks.

None of the things that happen to NPC trainers in the game series ever seem to make sense (like Gary's Kadrabra evolving into Alakazam without him trading it or people getting a lower level of an evolved Pokemon).

But I try not to think about it, otherwise I'd end up with a big headache.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    This thread is like how can Gyarados exist if Magicarp only knows Splash?

The point is, some things just don't make sense in the games.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    That's not an acceptable answer.

But think about it. How can a baby Magicarp that only knows Splash level up?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Magikarp learns tackle at level 15

Have you ever battled with a Magikarp that knows tackle? It practically does the same amount of damage as a Splash.

Magikarp is an example of hard-work-paid-off... when you first encounter it, it truly sucks. But if you work at it, and level up enough, it turns into the highly overrated, but yet powerful, Gyarados. It's incentive to stay with the little bugger. You see it again with Feebas/Milotic, except Milotic doesn't suck.

I sill say Wally used a gameshark.

Back