• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

International Pokemon hacking competition

Years
    Team America is ready and waiting, Commander Aliens! lol

Omg I just peed myself. That's one kickass movie.
    On topic, this is a really nice idea. I'd join, but I'm working for two hacks and a fan game, as well as being bogged down by schoolwork, with Christmas tests starting next week.
    Is there an embelm for "Least amount of free time"?:D
    Sorry.:(

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Team America Banner!!!

Just copy and paste the Team America banner from my signature, and support Team America!

Here's another banner!!!
    International Pokemon hacking competition

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I'm from singapore
    E-mail: check it yourself.. lol joking
    [email protected]
    Skills: Mapping.Scripting.Tile insertion
    welcome to the contest. As you can see that we still need more competitors here so it'll be a big help if you can advertise this thread in forums from Singapore and other countries if you can. Use the banner above provided by mrhaxmaster.
    Btw, I still need information about your age and years of hacking experience so that I can choose the leader for the Singapore team. Don't be shy, we still welcome you even you are 70 or so. lol *just kidding* :))
    Omg I just peed myself. That's one kickass movie.
    On topic, this is a really nice idea. I'd join, but I'm working for two hacks and a fan game, as well as being bogged down by schoolwork, with Christmas tests starting next week.
    Is there an embelm for "Least amount of free time"?:D
    Sorry.:(
    Same thing goes to you Gira. I'll be grateful if you can at least advertise this competition in forums from Ireland or others. C'mon don't you want your country to be part of the game? :D

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!
    I just saw the banner I posted with Uncle Sam and it looks SO creepy and scary!!!
    Lol, should I remove it or keep it?

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
    Im 15.
    Experience of rom hacking - 3 - 4 month but i pretty much learn everything except for ASM hacking.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    @ Denali: You can check back the updated story to see that I have made it year 2019, about the WWIII, so no more Hitler hanging around:). Actually as I said, the first country to register here will be the first one to be visited by the alien and the last country is where our hero defeat the mad dictator (I think that country wouldn't mind because of the main reason at the end of the story). The rest is still the same.
    @ FanKing: if you are really into it, you can be the one providing ideas in the team or you can learn how to hack in the tutorial threads though. Then you can participate. :D

oh xD,I now how to hack.. Actually quite well. I am an advanced scripter, along with an advanced tile inserter,a good mapper + titlescreen inserter, bootscreen editor...etc.

I know how to do alot of things. Just check out my hack in my sig.

Ooh!! I now what I can do! Let me just go check out the release form and get back to you..

+ Name: I'm registered as Fan ing, but call me Kyle
    + Age and years you have been hacking: 14, and I've been hacking since almost a year now, i thin i started in last december :P
    + Nationality: USA
    + E-mail: [email protected]
    + Tasks you can handle: Titlescreen, Bootscreen... can you just put me as jack of all trades? I can do alot of things.. but not music inserting though.. If you need proofs of works, just Pm me on what job..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Ok so far we have 2 members for team America and 1 for team Singapore. Good job team America, I suppose you need just 1 or 2 more hackers to fill the rest then team America will be formed completely and be the first country to be visited by the alien. :D
    @ Kyle as well as everyone: I'm not gonna test you or anyone who registers for this contest yet. Firstly, this is a competition, not like other recruitment. Secondly, as I have said in my rules that you have to be responsible for this. So that's why I don't require proof of work yet. However, just to make sure the game will be successful, the team leader will take this task and test his teammates by whatever methods he wants. Of course when choosing the leader I'll test his skill as a hacker as well as a leader so don't worry, your boss won't be an insane monster :D
    @xmouvelianx: you still haven't provided me your name. Do you want me to use the user name "xmouvelianx"? It's kind of confusing you know so I suggest you to change it into sth easier:P. Btw would you mind editing your first post to put all of your information there so that way I can easily organize it? Thank you :)

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Ok so far we have 2 members for team America and 1 for team Singapore. Good job team America, I suppose you need just 1 or 2 more hackers to fill the rest then team America will be formed completely and be the first country to be visited by the alien. :D
    @ Kyle as well as everyone: I'm not gonna test you or anyone who registers for this contest yet. Firstly, this is a competition, not like other recruitment. Secondly, as I have said in my rules that you have to be responsible for this. So that's why I don't require proof of work yet. However, just to make sure the game will be successful, the team leader will take this task and test his teammates by whatever methods he wants. Of course when choosing the leader I'll test his skill as a hacker as well as a leader so don't worry, your boss won't be an insane monster :D

Ohh, coolio, a little test? What kind of test? What are we being tested on? xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    oh not yet Kyle, I told you that you guys will be tested by your leader, who is gonna be chosen by me through some tests. Test for leader? I'll do it as soon as a team is completed so don't worry. But I'll reveal a little bit to you, first I'll choose a leader of each team according to his age and experience, then I'll test him to see if he is suitable for the job, if not, I'll pick the next appropriate candidate of the team. I'm not gonna tell you how the test is so there's no way you can get prepared for it, which will make it unnatural. ;)
    Yeah this thing is getting exciting, just wait until we get enough hackers (about 50 I guess) for the game and you'll see how fun it can be :D

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    oh not yet Kyle, I told you that you guys will be tested by your leader, who is gonna be chosen by me through some tests. Test for leader? I'll do it as soon as a team is completed so don't worry. But I'll reveal a little bit to you, first I'll choose a leader of each team according to his age and experience, then I'll test him to see if he is suitable for the job, if not, I'll pick the next appropriate candidate of the team. I'm not gonna tell you how the test is so there's no way you can get prepared for it, which will make it unnatural. ;)
    Yeah this thing is getting exciting, just wait until we get enough hackers (about 50 I guess) for the game and you'll see how fun it can be :D

50 hackers? That seems kinda ambitious. More like unrealistic. I'm not sure if there are even 50 hackers available, not to mention active. Maybe lower it to ten or something. Maybe about 2 or 3 able hackers per team, that makes a reasonable hack.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    I'll join. It's only 1 city.

+ Name Mike
    + Age and years you have been hacking 16 years old, 1 1/2 years hacking
    + Nationality USA
    + E-mail [email protected]
    + Tasks you can handle Advance Scripter, beginning mapper

Makeshiftj

The Ninja
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    This is a very cool and unique idea And I Would like to join
    Jay, 13, hacking for 1 Year
    United kingdom Or England one or the other
    [email protected]
    Mapper, basic scripter, OW editor,Spriter
    I Used Denali's As A template :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    @Kyle: 2 or 3 hackers per team, times 10 to 15 countries, make it almost 50 members totally, not to mention volunteers. Probably it's not likely to reach up to 50 but I was just predicting the toughest situation that it might turn out to be.
    @Denali: it depends... on your leader :P
    @Rafi: don't reveal your secret weapon yet, we demand for surprise here. ;)
    It seems like team America only needs a music inserter to be completed. C'mon other team or you are gonna lose the ticket to be visited first by the alien. ;))

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Am I the only One On Team England Does that make Me Leader ?
    I can't decide yet Jay. As a matter of fact, your team needs more members to construct a city so you have to wait until team England is completed. Nevertheless, having 1 year of hacking experience might make you a good candidate, but I can't say anything right now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Hey guys after reading your stories I decided to update the central plot so it won't get loose. You can either check back my first post or click here for more specific details about the plot (WARNING: unless you want to participate in this, I'd not guarantee you to look at it since it contains many surprised stuffs that you probably don't want to know it until you play the game. So be patient. The main story already has enough information for you to decide whether to sign up or not. This one below is just to make sure competitors here won't go off-topic ;) )
    Spoiler:

Back