• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet Addiction

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Probably more than 90% of people who use the internet are addicted. Are you one of them? Why? What do you like to do on the internet? Would you survive without the internet for 3 days?

I'm proud to be one of them. ^__^ I became an addict when my mother got her computer, meaning that I could use mine whenever I felt like without others using it. On the internet, I go to PC, Gaia, LiveJournal, IRC, and 4-chan mostly. There's plenty of other stuff I like to do, like Photoshopping and then sticking a new banner in my signature. It's fun. <3

I would die without the net for three days. Okay, that's overexaggerating. But I'd be bored out of my skull at the very least. My DS could probably keep me entertained for a few hours at the most.

Discuss.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    I'm an addicit and theres no question about it, the funny thing is during the summer trips to business competitions I go to I've gone without the net for about 7 days apiece and I'm usually ok...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I like to spend a lot of time online. I wouldn't say I'm an addict because if I suddenly lost my connection I wouldn't freak out or anything. If I didn't have it, I'd probably just watch tv, read, draw, or go do whatever random crap I have to do for that day.

Years
    I'd say that precentage is about right :3

Yeah, I'm sadly addicted to the Internet. It's the only place where I can feel like myself, and be a social type of person. I...just feel more talkative on the Internet, which is probably bad XD I love being on it. ;_;
    I mainly use forums on the internet. Forums = talking :3

Can I survive without internet for three days? I better start getting used to it, I'm going to be moving soon, and my computer is going to get shipped.
    I'd go mad without it, but I think I could survive. I'd just be really bored, and really upset.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    My parents seem to think I'm addicted to the internet. I, however, say differently. XD I am sure I wouldn't have a heart attack if I lost the internet for a while...I might be a bit more bored during the day, but I'd find something else to do to occupy myself. XD I'd more likely watch TV, read a book or draw. Ooor, I'd just do my pilates or jog or something of that sort. XD See mom and dad? I can find other things to do without the internet. ;P

~Kelsey

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Hell no. Well, not for me.

I can survive a year without being on the net. :/

I honestly think people that use the computer a lot are usually socially troubled and feel that by hiding behind their grand computers they can get friends easier. :/

I only log on to the net to download music, look around for Fullmetal Alchemist crap, and post in the HeartXSteel forums.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I know I'm addicted to it o_o I'm on 24/7 just about. Whenever I get home from school I go straight to the internet..when I wake up I got straight to the internet. I mean in real life I don't have as many great friends as I do online. Because online I have friends that are there for me. Friends that I've always wanted growing up but never had...even now I still dont have that in rl but I do online and that's why the online world is my second life because I have so many people that care about me. So many people that have the same interests in things that I do. I would die if I had to give up the internet...I just can't go without it. When I'm gone on vacation its like I want to be online so bad that I wish I was home....I wish I could just go online and rid myself of the pain brewing in my for the fact that I can't go on.

My parents get mad when I never go out...I mean you always want your parents to understand your life and why its your addiction....but knowing parents they just never understand.

Last edited:

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
    I think i might be addicted, but i can live without the internet or computer for 2 weeks max. Sometimes when the internet stuffs up, i play age of empires and other crap, when the computer's crashed, i'd play xbox, and if all else fails, i'll read. So i can live without it if it isn't available, but i can't if it is.

Kurosaki

I spend quite a bit of my free time on the net, but I'm not addicted. I have enough friends and stuff in real life that I could go without it for a bit. The internet is just a hobby for me, that's all.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I am way addicted. One time I lost the Internet and I was crying for days. I killed my social life in favour of my Internet friends, but I don't regret that. I tend to go pretty mental-case-ish when I'm deprived of the Internet, like right now, and I find myself pretty moody and depressed. I think all of the time about the 'net, and that's not an exaggeration. I think in Internet smilies and I say the word "pwn". As you may know, Kylie's not my real name, but I'm so used to being online I think of myself as Kylie and I have to stop myself from answering to the name. Oh, what do I do? XD I use LiveJournal, Gaia, MSN, and PC mainly. ^o^

I was suicidal one time I didn't have even the computer for two weeks, but that was probably a combination of my depressive and melodramatic streaks.

Last edited:

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
    No doubt about it, I'm addicted. I have spent 85% percent of my life on the computer and the net within the last month. I cant even go two days without being on my comp. or I'll start to crack. I spend most of my time here at PC. I lust my comp. and the net.

Last edited:

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I do not exactly clarify myself of having an addiction to the internet. But it is something that I am on every day. I don't rebember a day that I am not. I consider it as a hobby. I would get bored if it was not there. But there are always different things I could do. Like when the internet was not there in the past. Before it was made.

Peach

Finnish Love ♥
    Years
    I love to be online and yes, I'm (kinda) addicted.
    I'm on PC, SPPF, LJ or MSN the most. And I also love to search fanarts and music~

BUT I could survive three-seven days without it. I would miss my online friends A LOT but I have offline friends and lots of other interests than Internet too. At summer I'm usually gone many weeks and I do have many things to do.

My parents don't understand/don't want to understand my obsession and they keep telling how harmful it can be but I really enjoy to use Internet, it's my way to relax~
    When my dad took off my Internet for 12 weeks, I was really dramatic about it XD

Fls4eva

Shinn & Hakudoushi > Everyone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    I'm totally addicted ta' the internet.. If I don't use it for like a day.. I would just go crazy and start crying.. The other time when I lost the internet connection.. I cried for almost a day.. The internet ish the place I make more friends.. And interact with people from all around the world.. The internet ish just plain important ta' meh..

Rayquaza1

I go by To Aravas now.
    Years
    I'm an Internet addict, but I can go on for a week without internet. I have other things to think about like practicing with my bass guitar for the school talent show and hangin out with friends. What I do is go on kingsofchaos.com, go to pokecommunity.com and chat, check email, chat with friends on the Simple Plan Invasion Crew or Simple Plan Street Team, and try to a message to my crush who has an overloaded inbox.

Demon_Slayer

Photographer
    Years
    Addicted....I am so addicted, I am always look for anime pics and stuff like that.....but sometimes there is time I want to stop looking for anime pics, but like the internet, I am addicted to that too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I'm addicted ._."

In some ways I feel like I'm wasting my life~ And then I look at the real world and realize it's the other people that aren't addicts who are D:

Back