• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet connection, what's yours?

shot571

its actually pretty good. I dont upload anything anyway. Im with BT. Max they offer is 20mb but due to my area max is i think 14mb

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • 877988942.png

Ethernet results. =3

Strange. I can remember my upload speed being more than this. Hmm

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • My network connection is a wireless router connected to a DSL router from CenturyLink (formerly Embarq). The results returned from SpeedTest dot net for the connection:

About two months ago, we were experiencing ridiculously slow speeds (like 56 kbps or less), and the source of the speed deficit was traced back to the decrepit AWG* 28 telephone line coming from the street. The extension coming into the dining room (where our DSL is setup) wasn't any different. Long story short, the extensions were replaced with the heavier, 24-gauge wire, the recommended gauge for telephone systems with DSL.

*AWG stands for American Wire Gauge

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think my family's on a 5Mbps download connection. ADSL. :/ I hate our ISP but we're tied in with a package for phone/satellite/net so my parents won't switch. Not that there are really any options in Canada otherwise. ~_~

(^ Best home results I've gotten on speedtest in years. xD)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I don't understand why my upload is so low, but oh well, LEEEEEECH. Just a bit above the ISP average.
    881091031.png

Back