• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Internet save file!

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I see one glaring flaw with this entire system. While at first, Nintendo may be oblivious to hacking of save files, somewhere along the road, they will learn of it, and probably use server side software to VALIDATE all save files, checking ALL your Pokemon and DELETING ALL POKEMON THAT DO NOT MEET GAME SPECS. (As in Hacked Pokemon).

This isn't a feature I'd trust to be honest...because it leaves so many ways for Nintendo to be as douchey as they are with the Wii/DS(i) against Homebrew. (Because a few idiots pirate.)

I can almost guarantee that some idiot will hack something and then Nintendo will get all up into arms about it and either shut the feature off completely or put really stupid restrictions that make it hard to do things we enjoy doing with this feature. Furthermore, there's a large chance Nintendo will screw this up by locking save files by your friend code, which is sadly tied to ONE CONSOLE AND ONE GAME CARD! So you won't be able to use your save file on your friend's DS(i), or on your Friend's Game Cart.

I hate to be the rain on the parade here, but I had to say it. This feature will probably really suck, because it will not include any function that you expect it to, so I demand ask that everyone think twice before getting too excited over it.

Years
    I see one glaring flaw with this entire system. While at first, Nintendo may be oblivious to hacking of save files, somewhere along the road, they will learn of it, and probably use server side software to VALIDATE all save files, checking ALL your Pokemon and DELETING ALL POKEMON THAT DO NOT MEET GAME SPECS. (As in Hacked Pokemon).

This isn't a feature I'd trust to be honest...because it leaves so many ways for Nintendo to be as douchey as they are with the Wii/DS(i) against Homebrew. (Because a few idiots pirate.)

I can almost guarantee that some idiot will hack something and then Nintendo will get all up into arms about it and either shut the feature off completely or put really stupid restrictions that make it hard to do things we enjoy doing with this feature. Furthermore, there's a large chance Nintendo will screw this up by locking save files by your friend code, which is sadly tied to ONE CONSOLE AND ONE GAME CARD! So you won't be able to use your save file on your friend's DS(i), or on your Friend's Game Cart.

I hate to be the rain on the parade here, but I had to say it. This feature will probably really suck, because it will not include any function that you expect it to, so I demand ask that everyone think twice before getting too excited over it.
    If you are worried about this then you don't need to upload the save file. Nintendo stated that the Internet feature is optional.

Years
    While I'd love to see some sort of MMO aspect, I kinda' doubt it. However, I could totally see some sort of worldwide record mixing thingamajig. Think about it: you go online and play minigames and unlock new stuff, and there could be some sort of leaderboard that can be seen from the DS. Maybe top ranking trainer cards can be shown. Maybe even people could be interviewed online and show up on TV's in everyone's game.

I always liked mixing records with my friends and seeing them on the news in other games, so something a bit more in-depth on a world-wide scale would be pretty cool and simple for Nintendo to implement. It'd basically work like the Pokéwalker when your friends' data goes to the battle house and you can fight them for BP.

Total stab-in-the-dark of a guess, but it'd be pretty fun.

Shuckleman

The Awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Yeah that would be awesome! I have never been able to Wifi battle on the handheld games because they didn't support WPA secured internet. If they allowed me to upload my save file to the internet and fight people that way I could easily battle with my friends!

Sorry to rain on your parade, but if the cart doesnt support WPA, and you only have WPA, you can not upload the save file.......

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
    Years
    This sounds pretty cool.... I can't wait until this comes out. I hope we can actually play the game on the computer without having to but some stupid extension or whatever...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well I think it will be by infrared or something like that...like the pokewalker...maybe a little device like a flash drive will come with it for the infrared to work...to put the file on the internet by the device...

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Well I think it will be by infrared or something like that...like the pokewalker...maybe a little device like a flash drive will come with it for the infrared to work...to put the file on the internet by the device...

Maybe a USB Cable inside to connect the DS to the computer?

Regardless of how it's going to connect, I think it's a great idea.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but if the cart doesnt support WPA, and you only have WPA, you can not upload the save file.......

It's now illegal to have something with only WEP I heard, can't remember which thread it was on though, it was on this website somwhere, check around for it... So it will support WPA.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I just hope the save file isn't syched with the cartridge. That way I can replay the game as many times as I want and keep my original file without having to buy both games or wait until the third version.
    Highly unlikely, but theres always hope.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    That seems pretty nice, but what I'm really looking for is multiple save files xD

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
    It's now illegal to have something with only WEP I heard, can't remember which thread it was on though, it was on this website somwhere, check around for it... So it will support WPA.

There is no law that WEP is illegal because the Nintendo wifi usb connection uses a WEP setting. All Ds lites and Ds origonals cannot support WPA only a Dsi.

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years

THIS is why I'm kinda scared of the whole Internet thing. Unless Nintendo has some high advanced technology that blocks hackers (which dosen't exist...or so I think) then we're all screwed as a hacker goes, "HAHAHAHA, NOOBZ!!!!111!!11 I TOOK ALL YOUR PROFILES!!!!111"

Years

I cannot substantiate your claim. Can you please link to a news story that states it is illegal.

Back