• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Internet save file!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I hope we don't have multiple saved files. I think pokemon should just stick to the traditional one saved file per copy. If we want more..then they should make an pokemon RPG for the wii or a MMORPG.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It is just a way fo Nintendo to know who's hacking and who's not!

What if it is a way to download updates and events, maybe be a part of an MMORPG, or even customize some sort of character? As well as just playing from your PC.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    This development is so cool! It could introduce new innovations in multiple save files, enhanced Wi-Fi for Trainers who lack it, much-needed 'backup' of save files (in case you lose the physical cart with hours of play time and trained Pokemon logged on it, which I have done twice with 2 Sapphire carts :()... these games are going to be BIG. This truly is a wonderful 'rebirth' that the series is going through... :D

shot571

I'm well aware if that someone got a bug into the save file speccificly meant to bug the storage base, it would melt down the fanbase ina week or so.
    Imagine the amount of complaints nintendo would get.Yes they would be bakas whatecer that is. Also we may be able to trade and battle faster. I just hope they include a dc percentage like they did in fifa so you can tell

Years
    I hope we don't have multiple saved files. I think pokemon should just stick to the traditional one saved file per copy. If we want more..then they should make an pokemon RPG for the wii or a MMORPG.
    What is wrong with you. T_T

If it's just the same game on the computer then there would be no real point to it, so there will definitely be some extra content online.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    transfering your saved file would be a very VERY bad idea. think about how many people would edit the save file to get every pokemon, and hacked pokemon, etc. dont think that would work.

shot571

Yes but i doubt it'll actually affect your pokemon. Because your save should still stay on the cart.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Imagine the amount of complaints nintendo would get.Yes they would be bakas whatecer that is. Also we may be able to trade and battle faster. I just hope they include a dc percentage like they did in fifa so you can tell
    lol, Bakas is Japanese for Idiots!, I think they will think of backups and I do believe the save file will make a copy for it self to use when connected online in case anything goes one, and Nintendo is hopefully smart enough not to let people hack from their own site...:tired:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    What is wrong with you. T_T

If it's just the same game on the computer then there would be no real point to it, so there will definitely be some extra content online.

Just being a grouch..and I'd probably be too lazy to even used the internet saved file if they made one. xD

Years
    Magmaruby and Aquasapphire;5884443[FONT=Arial Black said:
    I think they will think of backups and I do believe the save file will make a copy for it self to use when connected online in case anything goes one

This will probably happen to prevent the event of a server error wiping out tons of people save files. O.O

and Nintendo is hopefully smart enough not to let people hack from their own site...:tired:
    A well-experienced hacker can hack any site, my friend.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years

Trust me on this. Action Replay and PokeSAV will be the least of the worry with this.
    Making a save file compatible for the PC means they can change their Pokemon's sprites, stats, sounds, battle animations, anything.
    You just need a good programer that can hack .sav files.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The .sav contains absolutely jack, apart from minimal information about you and your Pokémon. All information on the Pokémon itself, such as battle animations, sprites and everything else about the game is in the game itself.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Sounds good, it would be cool if you got a few extras maybe ont he internet?

The one worrying thing is that hacking will go alot further, or the fact that you could maybe share your save files around the internet?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    A well-experienced hacker can hack any site, my friend.

Not really. It's just like glitches, if they keep client interaction with the server to a minimum (which there's no reason not to), security holes will be rarer, or more likely non-existent.

Years
    Not really. It's just like glitches, if they keep client interaction with the server to a minimum (which there's no reason not to), security holes will be rarer, or more likely non-existent.
    i agree with you Myles, if they discover anything wrong they might shut it down for all of us just because of a hacker!

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    It has NOTHING to do with trading, hacking, etc. You upload it to their server no file is on your computer...its like Fable 2 and the Minigames it has on the website...Basically you do a Minigame on the website and unlock an item or something. Don't jizz too early...

Years
    Calder is most likely right, it's most likely just a mini game and after your done playing your probably be asked to return the save file to the main game to get your items or prize...

Back