• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Internet save file!

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    I somehow get the feeling it's NOT talking about playing on the computer. It must mean that you can take your save with you to other carts if both have internet access. If used correctly it could even mean infinite save files per cart. I would approve of that.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Sounds quite cool hope you get to play the whole game on it and they dont add some stupid limitation. :)

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    This could open up to a lot of new features to Pokemon.

-Multiple Saved Games
    -Sharing Save Files (only if you beat the E4 and finished your region dex)
    -A New Generation of Hacking

I wouldn't be surprised if White and Black is hacked before HG/SS.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I wonder...could we battle people over the internet and trade! That would make it better for those people with out wi-fi to battle us people who had Wi-fi during gen 4!

Years
    Yeah that's it,Shot571. So you can play games in it and get Items,cool, I hope they could add new games to it instead of having a set amount of games like the three boring wi-fi games we got in gen 4... but I wonder what if the server of nintendo crashes what will happen to the file...hope you save it back to the cartage after a certain amount of time if it erases your progress and prizes if the server goes down...though I think theirs is stronger than PC is,lol.

shot571

Lol yh i think youre right with the stronger bit. Also I agree with the fact theyre should be better games. the three in the plaza are sooo boring. I was hoping for more in hg/ss but nothing. Maybe there'll be difficult to get items.

Years
    I kind of want us to be able to play the games with friends online like form a group for a certain game, that would be cool. Then we will go up against another team oppose to a computer NPC game!

shot571

What like certain friends? yh that'd be awesome. Unfortunately I've got too many too choose from in real life so it'd be unfair if i pick someone. I guess it'll be PC friends :p. (got 4 WHOLE friends who play pokemon :o). I wonder if the games will involve your actual pokemon. Like the pokeathalon but more stats based.

Years
    What like certain friends? yh that'd be awesome. Unfortunately I've got too many too choose from in real life so it'd be unfair if i pick someone. I guess it'll be PC friends :p. (got 4 WHOLE friends who play pokemon :o). I wonder if the games will involve your actual pokemon. Like the pokeathalon but more stats based.
    Hey I just had a thought, what if this gen's Pokeathalon/ Pokecontest is by this method...that would save space in the main game for other new stuff! Using your actual Pokemon sounds cool, too, maybe their be ranks on the best players per game and we could have a competition of something:)!

shot571

That sounds good. Glad I thought of it :p lol joke. I ust hope they have enough measures to prevent AR'ers ans Sav'ers (even legit ones) from coming and messing up the stuff. However if it is a secret method to hack check your pokemon it could be a bad thing. They may ban you if they find out you have hacked pokemon. Which is not always the persons fault if they get it in a trade.

Years
    That sounds good. Glad I thought of it :p lol joke. I ust hope they have enough measures to prevent AR'ers ans Sav'ers (even legit ones) from coming and messing up the stuff. However if it is a secret method to hack check your pokemon it could be a bad thing. They may ban you if they find out you have hacked pokemon. Which is not always the persons fault if they get it in a trade.
    That's true then you should only use your own OT pokemon instead of one's you got in trades... I think they will check and monitor any hacking going on, and I expect BW to be harder for hackers to hack compared to HGSS which I think is a good thing:laugh:.

shot571

Yh.I hope its harder to hack.It is waay to easy to sav a pokemon. All you have to do is catch a real pokemon and edit a few values.Nintendo better get in gear and spend some of that money they earn on actually helping the pokemon community(pokecommunity:p ) and stopping all these hacks. Also maybe you can get special pokemon off this.e.g. pokemon with special moves

Years
    Special Pokemon sounds cool, it could be like a online pokewalker, where you get points instead you get them by playing games instead of Jogging,walking,ect.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years

Trust me on this. Action Replay and PokeSAV will be the least of the worry with this.
    Making a save file compatible for the PC means they can change their Pokemon's sprites, stats, sounds, battle animations, anything.
    You just need a good programer that can hack .sav files.

Back