• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Interviews with YOU

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I've done some changes myself. One typo fix, changing all cases of e.g. "F : Text goes here" to "F: Text goes here", moving the first line into an actual excerpt (still appears below the title, but now will also appear next to the cover image and title when displayed elsewhere e.g. the Daily homepage), added some tags, created the article series "Interviews with You!", and saved/uploaded/replaced all the Sylveon images to Daily. I also added one line at the end encouraging readers to post if they would like to do an interview as well. Phew!

If that all looks fine to you, then you can hit publish (if not, let me know!). I've already set up the article itself to link to the original thread for comments, but the thread will also need to link to the article at the top. I can do that for you once you publish, or else you can give it a shot - see the instructions here. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9992456#post9992456

Years
  • I've done some changes myself. One typo fix, changing all cases of e.g. "F : Text goes here" to "F: Text goes here", moving the first line into an actual excerpt (still appears below the title, but now will also appear next to the cover image and title when displayed elsewhere e.g. the Daily homepage), added some tags, created the article series "Interviews with You!", and saved/uploaded/replaced all the Sylveon images to Daily. I also added one line at the end encouraging readers to post if they would like to do an interview as well. Phew!

If that all looks fine to you, then you can hit publish (if not, let me know!). I've already set up the article itself to link to the original thread for comments, but the thread will also need to link to the article at the top. I can do that for you once you publish, or else you can give it a shot - see the instructions here. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9992456#post9992456

Thank you! I'll publish it as soon as I can, and then see about linking the article at the top!

Last edited:
    Years
    Years
  • New interview here for review :

Interview with Yume Tsuki the Froslass.

Spoiler:

G: Hello everyone! Fact Checking Gardevoir here, on a trip to Snowpoint City, in Sinnoh's region!
    Did you know the temple at the north of this snowy city is home to Regigigas, who is said to have pulled the continents into place and created the Legendary Titans?

In this cozy house a generous elderly man lent us, we will interview Yume Tsuki the Froslass!

Y: Hello there.

G: So, Yume Tsuki, can you tell us when did you get into PokéCommunity?

Y: I was a pretty young Snorunt when I discovered PokéCommunity. I was pokégoogling random pictures and looking through them. What piqued my interest was an edited Pokémon sprite. One with body parts mixed with other Pokémon. It looked so clean and yet seemed so simple. At least, simple enough to make me try to draw something similar and then share my own results on the forum. So I decided to stick around. I guess you could say PokéCommunity is what marked the beginning of my ambition to be a digital artist.

G: How did you feel as a Pokémon on a forum made by humans, for humans?

Y: On top of being a Pokémon, I was a bit of a socially awkward oddball back then. My knowledge of human language wasn't perfect and I was still getting the hang of interacting on forums. I highly doubt many people in the community actually know me at all, since I tend to stay into the art gallery section. I've been in the ROM Hacks section a few times when I was invited for projects, by people who appreciated my drawing skills, but most of them would not even make any sort of move after recruitment to lift off. Plus I had been gone for a good few years before coming back.

G: Where did you go?

Y: I've wandered between many other places, mostly frequenting DurantArt and other Social Media outlets that weren't forum-related. Though I also definitely went down a rabbit hole spending a lot of time on video games as well. I even got to spend some time making pixelart for a Pokémon MMORPG. As of now, I'm mostly dedicating my time on PokéCommunity posting my ongoing comic series.

G: I am happy to see you still found people interested in your drawing skills! I have had a look at your arts, and I must say, you are really talented at it! I certainly enjoyed discovering your comics' style, the action, the emotion, and the suspense!

Y: Thank you!

G: Can you show us some of your arts?

Y: Sure!

- Trick or treat
    Spoiler:

- Wanted
    Spoiler:

- Mermay
    Spoiler:

- Basculegion
    Spoiler:

G: Gorgeous drawings! You certainly are a skilled artist! Is this what you do for a living?

Y: Funnily enough, despite how invested I got in art, I always viewed it more as a side hobby. That said, my interests are actually pretty broad. While art was something that I definitely loved doing, I couldn't ever imagine myself actually having a job in that field. At first, I was oriented towards the game industry and I attempted to make a career path in that direction, but… Well... I've come to terms with the fact that, despite everything, I'm usually not that good at advertising myself or whatever services I may provide. So, even if I could be considered a good artist, I would probably have a hard time generating an income.

G: I know the feeling... It can be quite hard for different people or Pokémon to find the place they want to reach. But we have got to keep looking and trying, until we succeed!

Y: You are right. So, instead, I tried to focus on some of my other interests, which comes down to IT and Biology. I did try my hand in the software department, but really... I am in awe of the people who don't lose their mind to programming. Tinkering with hardware is a skill I will definitely keep close though, because it's very handy whenever I need to perform maintenance on any of the old consoles I own... Not that I am much of an retro-gaming nerd! But these things are my childhood and I am very attached to my belongings, so I preferably keep them functional for as long as possible.

G: Oh! A fellow gamer, like me? Hehe! I do have a good number of video games back home, including some old ones I've been playing since I was a little Ralts! The power of nostalgia...

Y: Definitely! I also do love taking things apart to look inside and see what makes them tick.

G: I can relate! I can't count how many hours I spent looking inside a Pokéball to try and figure out how it works! I can say I was already fact-checking things!

Y: Indeed! In any case, to get back to the question of what I do for a living, I am a fieldwork ecologist. I study Pokémon's behavioral patterns, habitats of Pokémon species and collect that data for all kinds of reasons. In some way, I suppose you could say I work in a very similar way to how the Survey Corps used to back in Hisui, minus the capturing and battling aspect. It is about as grindy as you would expect, and generally the locals watch me with suspicion while I am working... but you get to travel to all kinds of places and explore them for yourself. It's pretty exciting!

G: That is neat! I agree with you about the need to know more about Pokémon in the wilds, in order to respect their behavior and protect their way of life. Also, let's hope more and more humans will grow used to seeing Pokémon doing things which, until recently, were mostly done by humans! Cities, Gyms and Pokémon Centers are nice and all, but not all of us necessarily want to live in a Pokéball or in a building! You have all my support in protecting Pokémon species and their natural habitats!
    Anyway, thank you, Yume Tsuki, for your time!

Y: And thank you, Gardevoir, for having come to interview me.

G: And that's it for today, everyone! See you later, for our next interview! Stay tuned!

--

*Header image and inserted images by Yume Tsuki.
    *Link to Yume Tsuki's arts and comics - Rated Mature

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • New interview here for review :
    You can begin porting it, but more proofing will have to happen first.

But here's some!
    Did you know the temple at the north of this snowy city is home to Regigigas, who is said to have pulled the continents into place and created the Legendary Titans ?
    Remove the space before the question mark.
    In this cozy house a generous elderly man lended us
    lent rather than lended
    G: So, Yume Tsuki, can you tell us when did you get into Pokécommunity?
    PokéCommunity (capital C) in all cases.

Let's hope more and more humans will grow used to see Pokémon doing things mostly done by them.
    seeing

Years
  • okok, I advice you to revise the punctuation and some sentences. I tried to make new ones, but you're free to reinterpret them and remake them as you wish. I tried to keep them close to the original ones. Here there is a list of what I would change.

At least simple enough to give it a try myself. And I wanted to share my own results on it on the community.

I would change this sentence because it sounds too complicated and starting a sentence with "and" isn't the best. I'd suggest something like "At least, simple enough to give it a try myself and then share my own results here on the forum/to the community." Or change it even more, like this: "At least, simple enough to make me try to draw something similar and then share my own results on the forum."

My knowledge of human language wasn't perfect, and I was still getting the hang of interacting on forums.

You could remove the comma.

I highly doubt many people in the community actually know me at all since I tend to stay into the art gallery section.

You could add a comma before "since".

And as of now, I'm mostly dedicating my time on Pokécommunity posting my ongoing comic series.[/I]

You could remove "and" at the beginning of the sentence.

And while art was something that I definitely loved doing. I couldn't ever imagine myself actually having a job in that section.

You could remove "and" at the beginning of the sentence and, instead of the first full stop, you could add a comma and make a whole sentence. Also, "field" instead of "section". It seems to fit better.

Mayhaps in the game industry was my first thought, I did make a small attempt to try making a career path in that direction but... Well... I've come to terms with the fact that despite everything, I'm usually not that good at advertising myself or whatever services I may provide. So even if I would be considered a good artist, I would probably have a hard time generating an income.[/I]

This sentence sounds a bit complicated because there are too many verbs consecutively (make an attempt -> try -> make). I would advice you to make this sentence easier. My alternative is "At first, I was oriented towards the game industry and I attempted to make a career path in that direction, but…"
    Also, a comma before "despite" and another one after "so". Lastly, I would change "would" to "could".

I know the feeling... It can be quite hard for different people or Pokémon, to find the place they want to reach. But we have got to keep looking and trying, until we succeed!

The comma before "to find" can be removed.

Tinkering with hardware is a skill I will definitely keep close though, it's very handy whenever I need to perform maintenance on any of the old consoles I own... Not that I am much of an retro-gaming nerd! But these things are my childhood, and I am very attached to my belongings so I preferably keep them functional for as long as possible.

Add "because" after comma, remove the one after "childhood" and add one after "belongings".

Oh! A fellow gamer, like me? Hehe! I do have a good number of video games back home, including old ones I've been playing since I was still a Ralts! The power of nostalgia...

I would add "some" before "old ones" and I would change the expression "since I was still a Ralts" to "since I was a little Ralts".

Indeed! In any case, to get back to the question of what I do for a living, rather than talk about the other career choices I considered, I am a fieldwork ecologist.

"rather than talking about...". I also think this sentence doesn't sound clear enough. I think that maybe you could cut off the "rather than talk about the other career choices I considered," part and make the sentence easier.

I study Pokémon's behavioral patterns, habitats of Pokémon species, etc. , and collect that data for all kinds of reasons, usually on request of a client.

You could remove the "etc." in the list, because in general it's used in the end of lists and not in the middle. -> " behavioral patterns, habitats of Pokémon species and collect that data for all kinds of reasons".

I suppose in some way you could say I work kind of in a similar way to how the Survey Corps used to back in Hisui, minus the capturing and battling aspect. It is about as grindy as you would expect, and generally the locals watch with suspicion as I do my work... But you get to travel to all kinds of places and explore them for yourself. It's pretty exciting.

I would remove "kind of", since "in a similar way" gives the idea. Alternatively, you could change the sentence to make it sound better. I came up with this "In some way, I suppose you could say I work in a very similar way to how …"
    Secondly, I would change" generally the locals watch with suspicion as I do my work..." with another expression, something like "watch me with suspicion as I do my work…/ watch me with suspicion while I am working…". As usual, choice is yours.
    Lastly, I'd suggest you to add also in the last sentence to give a sense of continuity. -> "but you also get to travel...". I also (hehe) suggest you to add a final exclamation point in the end after "exciting".

That is neat! I agree with you about the need to know more about Pokémon in the wilds. Let's hope more and more humans will grow used seeing Pokémon doing things mostly done by them.

"Pokémon doing things mostly done by them" is an expression you should try to replace. "do" is repeated twice and it's not really clear. Indeed, I didn't really get what you were trying to say. What I understood is "wild pokemon behaving like wild pokemon", basically. If so, I think I would rewrite that as:
    "...used to observing Pokémon in their natural habitats and learning all the things they usually do in the wild, respecting their behavior."

Years
  • Thank you for your help, Confused Piplup!
    I followed your advices, but, about the last part, I meant to say something else :
    "That is neat! I agree with you about the need to know more about Pokémon in the wilds, in order to respect their behavior and protect their way of life. Also, let's hope more and more humans will grow used seeing Pokémon doing things which, until recently, were mostly done by humans!"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thank you for your help, Confused Piplup!
    I followed your advices, but, about the last part, I meant to say something else :
    "That is neat! I agree with you about the need to know more about Pokémon in the wilds, in order to respect their behavior and protect their way of life. Also, let's hope more and more humans will grow used seeing Pokémon doing things which, until recently, were mostly done by humans!"

Ok, nice! Indeed that didn't seem too clear. Now it definitely is! Also, don't forget the "to".
    "Grow used to seeing". You can also use "get used to"!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I have posted the draft on Daily, but for some reasons I can't get, the preview keeps adding space between two paragraphs, twice. I have tried to fix this but it still does this...
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Might be ads. These can be disabled if they prove problematic. I'll take a look at it and the article's porting tomorrow!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Oh, right, these were ads. I checked the option to disable them. I want my interviews ad-free!
    Thank you, and take all the time you need!
    I've taken a look now. I made these changes:
    - Added the image as a cover image (right sidebar option, 'featured image', at full size).
    - Added a credit to it in the caption as well via custom code
    - Added tags (right sidebar). 'featured' means the article shows up at the top on the Daily homepage, on that note - can always use that.
    - Linked it the the Interviews with You! series
    - Changed the links formatting at the end, and added edit credit.

One last suggestion that only just came to mind - it's fine for there to be no images within interview articles, but in this case you're interviewing an artist with some pretty cool art! Maybe you should ask if it's alright to feature any examples of their art within the article, so the reader can see that while reading?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Thank you! I will ask Yume Tsuki about this!

Edit : Added 4 of her drawings, picked by herself!
    I took a look and tried something different with the images - I made an image gallery instead which shows all four as a slideshow (and hence has the images at a larger size too). How does that look to you? If satisfied, you can publish + make a comment thread (or if one exists already, use that for it).

Back