• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interviews.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • When was the last time, if ever, you were asked to attend an interview? How do you think it went? Were you successful?

And also, what sort of techniques do you tend to use in interviews? How do you usually dress, greet the interviewer, what's your body language like, etc.?

For those of you who have never been in such a situation, answer with how you think you'd do it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't remember doing interviews, but in an interview, I'd try to answer the questions presented as best as I can.

During interviews, I dress in appropriate clothing (collared shirt, pants, etc.). I don't do much in terms of body language.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • I've been interviewed twice in my life. Depending on the store/place, I either dress up (dress shirt, dress pants), or dress down (maybe a nice sweater and some nice jeans, with close-toed shoes of course), but always clean cut.

The thing I tell myself the most is to just be myself, and don't let the situation indimidate you. Just keep it cool and give swift replies, and then hope for the best! Oh, and always make it a point to shake the interviewers hand. =)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I actually had a job interview last year for a summer position that I ended up not getting. D: I was sooo nervous beforehand, especially since this was my first ever job interview. The ladies who interviewed me were nice, but I think I choked on a couple of the questions just out of nerves. It was definitely a valuable experience for me, since I'll be looking for a summer job again this year.

As for how I dress - since I applied for a job in an office, I dressed in businesslike attire. It made me feel so uncomfortable since I'm not used to it. :(

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I had an interview earlier this year for a job at Taco Bell and I aced it. xD Except for the fact that I ended up not getting the job due to unforeseen circumstances. -__-

But yeah, I do pretty well in interviews it seems, even though they make me super nervous. :\ But yeah, I dress up according to the rule "Be dressed at least somewhat more formal that what you are expected to wear to the job" SO, at Taco Bell, I wore a nice polo shirt with black jeans.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    A couple weeks ago I had a job interview. I grew very nervous during the interview, and answered the questions as best I could.I was offered a job, but didnt take it because it was nto the right job for me, I found out when the interviewer was explaining the job and its demands. Shame, but at least I got an interview and my references checked out and everything, so Im hopeful I can get the right job.

Years
  • I had a mock interview in high school, but I don't remember that anymore. :(

I also had an "interview" for my current job, but I was basically asked a few questions, and then the general manager was like "here's a shirt, come in tomorrow." It felt like he had every intention of hiring me already, just wanted to double-check me before actually doing so. Then again, he also called me back for this interview, so yeah. I was a bit nervous about it but since he called me in I had faith I could do it. 8) Don't remember much about what I did other than I put on a nice shirt and a skirt (tbh I probably overdressed for it) and at least attempted to keep eye contact.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Actually, never. Interviews and auditions over here aren't our thing, except for maybe if one is trying for a job in the media. We either use resumes or letters of recommendation.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • The last time I had an interview was October/November of last year. Which was for my current job. So that being said it obviously went will enough to earn me the job.

I have been to a handful of interviews and the number one thing I do is just be myself and be as causal as I possibly kind be. Usually when I go to the interview I dress up in dress pants, white under shirt, wear a dress shirt over that blah blah typical work business clothing. As far as greeting goes it's all the same really we exchange typical small talk i.e. how is you day on so on. Then we proceed to talk about the assets and what I have done and what experiences I have had and all that good stuff(not that they already don't have that filled out on paper for them). A lot of times I am just ready to get out of there so I am thinking to myself how long will this last, or other things so I am not really thinking about the interview itself so as not to stress myself out over something menial as an interview.

There was one interview I did with Wal-Mart and I honestly looked and felt I was more professional then them and I hadn't worked a day in my live up until that point. I was dressed better the the interviewer who was wearing house clothes as I see it, or generic work clothes pretty much something that didn't really make them look to shabby. They come 10-15 minutes late, and I asked the people when is this person supposed to be their and they didn't even know if that person was supposed to be at work that day. Then we I do get into the interview the lady can't even get half way through the interview and switches me over to another interviewer. Too me that seemed unprofessional to me. So from that point I didn't really tend to take my interviews all that seriously, even though I must say all the other companies even small businesses were more professional then Wal-Mart.

Back