• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Interviews

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In the third and fourth generations of Pokemon, tv personality will interview you if you speak to this NPC:
    Interviews
    . In the Hoenn region, if you battle the interviewers Gabby & Ty and win, you'll be able to get interviewed by them. There are multiple other ways to be interviewed, however. Some examples of places you can be interviewed are after you win/lose a contest in both Hoenn and Sinnoh, the Battle Tower in Hoenn, or just randomly in building throughout the regions.

Interviews in this game are limited to the Easy chat system, however. In Hoenn, if your interview is on TV, the TV sprite in the room will be on. In Sinnoh, however, you just need to interact with the tv to see if your interviews are being played there.

Also, if you mix records, you will be able to see your friend's interviews on TV as well.

This may be an extremely irrelevant and small feature, but what did you think of it? I think it was interesting, but impractical. Although, I'm not too bothered by that. It made Pokemon maybe just a little bit more realistic, and I'm slightly peeved this very tiny feature wasn't included in future generations.

Years
  • This is actually a feature I'm especially surprised didn't show up in Sword and Shield, despite that it would be very well-grounded in the plot of those games, and they even already have the Interviewers trainer class, which makes it especially weird.

It's a really fun little touch, I think! It's just a small, inoffensive thing that I think added a nice dash of flavor to the games it's in (and that would have fit in perfectly with Galarian culture)!

Back