• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is anybody here NOT afraid of Bees?

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
    Oh god, that reminds me of a story. So we had this old fridge outside, unplugged, and wasps had gotten into it. We had no idea the severity of the situation...

Until my stepdad ripped the door open, thus ripping the hive that covered about 50% of the interior of the fridge open, creating a massive swarm.

That was not a fun day.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i think theyre dorable especially the fuzzy fat ones

is anybody here NOT afraid of Bees?

bzzz im a lil bee i come in peace

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    i think theyre dorable especially the fuzzy fat ones
    Spoiler:

bzzz im a lil bee i come in peace

One interesting thing (At least I think) is how their lenses are made up of hexagons, and they make hexagon-shaped honeycombs. I'm not sure that those are related, but I do know that hex-shaped honeycombs are the most efficient shape to use, because if they used octagons or circles, there would be useless spaces in between each section. And if they used triangles or squares, it would supposedly use more material or something. They also make sure all the honeycombs are tilted up at 13 degrees, to make sure the honey doesn't spill out. Plus they use that "dance" to communicate the location of pollen. And I think bees only live about a few weeks, so it's not like they have time to learn how to do this, it's just instinct.

There's your biology lesson of the day..... ;D

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years

ooh, i've to say i love that picture!
    it's so cute and fuzzy.. XD;
    i especially like bumblebees.

i'm not afraid of bees nor wasps whatsoever. not at all.
    i know well that even if one comes close to you, if you'll just sit still, it won't harm you. so usually i'll do just that.
    occasionally i get impatient if one keeps buzzing around my head though, and i'd push it away with my hand so it can get away from me on its own.
    but if the reason they (usually wasps..) are near is food, i'd usually catch them in an empty glass, cover the opening, and release them again when we're done eating.
    they won't die from just that. XD;

i do remember once, a wasp had found its way inside our caravan. i was quite young, and tried to catch it with my hands so i could set it free. i couldn't catch it at first, until it sat on my shoulder, so i thought that was my chance! but when i did.. it crawled right into my sleeve. in there, it stung me three times, until it came out at my wrist. at that, i finally managed to catch it with my hands and set it outside.

well, that's all i've to say.
    SIN's biology lesson was quite interesting too though 8D. thankyuu .

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I hate all those things with a stinger, but all you got to do is stay away from it and your fine.

Years
    Bees won't hurt you if you leave them alone. I'm personally not scared of bees and walk straight through their flight path if I need to get somewhere and they're in the way. I don't get hurt by bee stings for some reason so it's not much of a big deal for me.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
    PC: WE TEACH YOU THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW BEFORE!

That was interesting to hear though, SIN.

As for your story, that's pretty much what happened to us. Trapped in the vehicle, we left for my brother's for dinner and stayed a bit longer than normal to ensure the swarm had died down a bit.

It hadn't. :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I dislike bees very much, they always chase me and my dog outside. ): I don't fear them they just can be very annoying at times.

Back