• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is anybody here NOT afraid of Bees?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ewgodgeezusnothankyou. D;

I hate bees, and the only thing I hate more are wasps.

If I see one within five feet of me, I take off in whatever direction it's not going in.

Once, when I was 8 or 9, my mom and I were driving (on the highway) to New York, and a hornet flew into the car. Got into the back of the car where it couldn't get out, and I was back there too. >__> I practically climbed over the seats trying to get away from it, and almost killed us both just because I was afraid of a bee. eff that.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    So you like hornets, which are 100x more agressive than bees and wasps (also usually much larger) when compared to bees?

O_O Strange
    Wasps and Hornets are more territorial so they are aggressive, but they don't have large numbers in their hive like bees do so they take no chance with a threat. :3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So you like hornets, which are 100x more agressive than bees and wasps (also usually much larger) when compared to bees?

O_O Strange

Nooo, I hate hornets, but the only ones I've seen still look like bees.. just bigger. So I group them mostly the same. What was in my car was a Hornet, and I was not happy. >_>

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I mean the only type of bee/wasp I would be scared of is Killer Bees. Even if you get within 100 feet of their hive they will attack. Relentlessly if I must say. They are one of the most territorial insects in the world.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Uh. Yes they do, or else they wouldn't be called more aggressive. You don't know a lot about bees, do you?
    That is false my friend, Wasps and hornets normal sized hives contain 25 individuals or so, while Bees can number in the hundreds.

I do know a lot, I've handled them, I've studied them and I've talked to Entomologists about them.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I have never been stung (at least not what I remember), so until the day I do get stung, I don't really care for Bees, or their relatives. :U

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    OMG LOL. Bees... They're so much outside my school. It's not even normal D:< I hate them, but they don't sting me. BUT--You know when they say stay still? That's so they get a bigger chance of stinging you because you won't move so they get ya =P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    OMG LOL. Bees... They're so much outside my school. It's not even normal D:< I hate them, but they don't sting me. BUT--You know when they say stay still? That's so they get a bigger chance of stinging you because you won't move so they get ya =P
    Not really, when you stay still you become less of a threat, as long as your far enough from the hive and stay still you should be fine, unless you ticked them off in some way.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I'm allergic, but I'm not afraid. If you don't run screaming from them and aren't dripping in honey, they usually don't come after you. What you said is what people say about snakes etc. and it's generally true, but people lose their heads and flail and the bees / snakes etc. come for them. I live in rural Australia so I'm fairly used to snakes and spiders etc. I guess if a giant tarantula was coming for me, I'd be nervous, but the majority of spiders that scare people aren't even that harmful, let alone fatal.

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    bee sting, put some baking soda (Or Powder? Don't remember) On it, and it won't even hurt, at all. :P But while we're on the topic of creepy ****, in 6th grade,

in science class. . .

a snake got loose in the school .. . .

and was found . . .

. . . in my desk. in my period. ugh. and i'm so afraid of snakes. but i didn't freak. I proudly kept my cool. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    bee sting, put some baking soda (Or Powder? Don't remember) On it, and it won't even hurt, at all. :P But while we're on the topic of creepy ****, in 6th grade,

in science class. . .

a snake got loose in the school .. . .

and was found . . .

. . . in my desk. in my period. ugh. and i'm so afraid of snakes. but i didn't freak. I proudly kept my cool. :)
    We're on a bee/wasp topic though D:

They aren't bad. I've handled many Pythons and a cobra.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
    I hate insects as a general rule, but weirdly enough, I'm okay with Bees, they don't bother me. Unless there's loads of them, I get creeped out then.
    Wasps on the other hand... I'm gone like a bullet if one comes close.

shot571

Im not scared of ants Or really scared of bees or wasps unless they get close. but I dont like killing them. it really annoys me when my parents kill a fly or a spiders or a wasp cos my sisters are scared . :/

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    i'm not scared of bees unless there's 3 or more of them or if it get on me

Flashback time:one day i'm just walking outside then a bee stung me on the temple and man did it hurt

Back