• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is anyone else beginning to get bored of Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Ever since I was 7, I was a major fan of Pokemon. I bought thousands of cards, all the games, books, magazines, videos, dvds, watched the tv series daily, played the games daily, attempted to hack, etc. When I was 10, my fandom was at its peak. But now as high school starts Monday and im 14, I think Im just losing interest. I gave away most of my pokemon stuff when I moved a few weeks ago (except for my cards and a few plushes and games (cards will make some profit on ebay)) and I havent caught a Pokemon since April. I mean, I tried to play White within the last few weeks, but my 3ds just makes the screen so small, I just give up. Either 2 things have happened.
    1. Ive just grown out of the phase.
    2. Minecraft has pulled me away from Pokemon.
    I think its a mixture of both.

How about all of you?

Years
  • I've never gotten bored of Pokemon. I haven't been to the forums for a while, including Serebii and Bulbagarden but I am still interested in the anime and also fanfiction. I am, however, not as interested in the games anymore and hardly even play hacks nowadays.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    There was this one phase in my life where I did get 'bored' of Pokémon, and like you I also grew up with it, from as young as I can remember. When BW came out, I bought it, played it for a day, and after that, I just didn't feel like playing it anymore and kind of lost my interest. I was really sad because Pokémon had been one of my top interests in my life, and since I grew up with it, it is a huge part of my childhood. I know it was probably because of MMORPGs I was playing at the time that pulled me away (WoW, MapleStory).

My best friend though, he loves Pokémon as well. He is not as dedicated as me, but I started replaying 3rd gen with him some months ago, and then we started EV training, nature breeding, and so on, and then I regained my interest. I had never EV trained before, though my cousin had, and so that was like a very new step to take and that made it that I started playing again. Then I got my friend hooked on 5th gen, and now we're playing it actively, building a competitive team which seems really fun to me.

It's never that I really lost interest, it's just that you have these phases where you push it away because you want something new. The interest is still there and it will always be there if you grew up with it like I did, but it will be a bit more in the background at times, which is okay with me, because it has always been a huge part of my life, so it's not like I can suddenly lose interest in it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    You're going through a very complex stage in growth both physically and mentally. It's natural for your tastes on things and your whole opinions to change dramatically, so just roll with wherever it takes you.

It's rare for somebody to have a sustained interest in just one thing for years and years at a time, especially if they still haven't finished growing up yet.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I think my fandom is increasing each year. I've collected hundreds of pokemon fanarts and decided to start a fanfic.
    What sustain people to keep playing a franchise is fandom and their own imagination. If you let your imagination run wild and really play game, I'm sure fun factor of a franchise will sustain for years. For me at least.

Espinight

That Dutch Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    I still consider Pokémon one of the best franchises ever made, and am likely to continue thinking that way for years to come. My fandom hasn't really increased with Gen V, the new features are cool, but the Pokémon are kind of a turn-off.

Nope, not getting bored of Pokémon just yet.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • I'm never bored with Pokemon, but I feel like it could happen any day. :<

I don't watch the anime, play the TCG or purchase the merchandise. If the games weren't good, I would not be here.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Pokemon is still the best thing I love to do but You can't only play pokemon all the time I find. It's fun to have some other hobbies and games to play so you can have the option to switch every once in a while.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    It's somewhat boring, ive played litterally every game, and I'm replaying now. I'm not into TCG or the Animie anymore. So if there are more sucky games like B/W after this, then I'm going to be really bored

400th post, yeah

Dent

taste the café m o c h a ♥
    Years
  • Actually, my interest in Pokémon has begun to renew itself within the last year or so. I came back to PC and began to get more involved in the fandom, my siblings started getting into the anime and games, and I started watching the anime again beginning with Best Wishes. I doubt I'll get bored of it any time soon, but perhaps my interest will wane again for some time.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I never got bored of Pokemon, the excitement for me keeps on increasing as the years go by or it stays on the same level. I dont think it will ever go down unless if the Pokemon series ends and I will be really sad.

:t354:TG

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My interest waned just before Gen IV, and fired up again just before Gen V. I never had FR/LG, and couldn't afford HG/SS, and had Pearl but hated it a ton so never played it much. I hadn't been keeping track but my friends were all psyched about B/W so I decided to give it another try (I'll always give Pokemon another try) and now I adore White so much.

Years
  • Someone has to say it: I'm bored of Pokemon. I haven't bought Gen V, and quite frankly, I don't plan to. I have Gen III and IV, but I really don't feel like playing them. The series has gotten stale in my opinion. Unless my interest fires up again, I might just vanish from these forums and go back to Dakka Dakka. But I'm just rambling on.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • I don't get bored that easily. Also, to be honest, I think it's fine if you have other stuff going on besides Pokemon. Just because your playing something else more often doesn't nessacarily mean Pokemon is less important in your life.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i think that everyone gets boared of it for a lil bit but then it just draws u right back inn

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I've been so busy with work, I haven't been touching any games at all.

I do admit I got kind of bored with Pokemon, but I'm sure with upcoming new games I'll be so anticipating them!

Back