• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is anyone else beginning to get bored of Pokemon?

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I burnt out last week lol thats what happens when you play it so much, right now its the only game I have, I traded all PS3 games to preorder a few coming out. I do wish Pokemon games came out more frequently, or at least have the games take a longer while to finish and add all sorts of things in it to make you come back to it.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Bored of Pokemon? Sometimes.

I grew up with Pokemon really, and it's really hard to lose my interest in it to begin with. The games get repetitive to the point where I just burn out and can't play anymore. I've really been quite bored of the anime recently as well, though my overall interest in the Pokemon franchise will probably never die out.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    No way! I have been playing religiously since Red and Blue came out and my obsession has only increased with Black and White! Best games ever in the Pokemon series (in my opinion).

I doubt I will ever get bored. Bought $900 worth of Pokemon cards so far this month by the way haha.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I think everyone will go through the stage where they get bored of Pokémon and when that happens, it's time to take a break from whichever aspect of Pokémon that interested you before and either try and take interest in another aspect of Pokémon, or just do something else for a couple of weeks.

I remember getting really bored of the video games so I read the manga for a while and that made me want to play again. Also, breaks from Pokémon (or anything that you seem to be getting bored of) really isn't a bad thing - especially if you play it a lot, as you'll be bound to get bored eventually - so, in hindsight it actually prolongs you fandom for Pokémon.

Cradily

Fossil merchant
    Years
    You never grow out of interests but you can lose interest which can be because of many reasons, trust me im 20 almost 21 and people may consider me too old, but if you saw me in IRL you would never of thought i would play Pokemon or even watch Anime.

I think i always kept my interests my interests and never lost in them, i dont like stuff because other people do, if i got a keen interest in that i will stay interested regardless, Pokemon is one of them.

I am a 90's kid and grew up with Pokemon, Cards, Anime, the days where you felt so good to see your hall of fame on Pokemon blue, beating red on Mt Silver, memories stay with us.

But i do think i will always stay interested in Pokemon and its games, its not because im childish.

Ask many people a generation before us and ask if they still love Mario on the snes, they will say yes, My Nan plays the Wii because she loves Mario, as well as My uncle. Its just what we was grown up with.

And Pokemon is one of the best inventions man has made :P

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I've had phases where I lost interest in the fandom. I wouldn't say I actually lost it to the point where I didn't pay any regards to it or quit, but I just went through a phase where it wasn't any importance to me at the time. That was around the time school became a main priority for me and I became busy with my social life, school events, and other related factors.

However, I've always been a fan. Although, at the moment I haven't touched any of the games in quite a few months and I'm starting to fall back on watching the anime. I have those moments where I want to pick it up, start a new adventure and complete it in good time and work on progressing farther into the games, but I never do. So, I'm just breaking from the games right now and will eventually get back to playing them. As for the anime, I need to play catch up with that.

I can't say I'll stick with the franchise forever though. I admit that there's going to be a point where I'm going to have to retire from it and just hand it down to the next generation of kids who, when I look at them, I see myself as a kid. Maybe, if Pokémon is still hanging around by then, my kids will get into it and I'll get to reminisce on my good old days with the games and anime. I'll be one of those parents saying, "Back in my day..."

Khall

Permafrost
    Years
    I have gotten extremely bored of Pokemon. That's why I started joining forums again, so maybe I could get some use out of the games with trades, battles, and more challenges.

I still love Pokemon, but it's begun to lose its luster for me. It's just the same old stuff every game, and the anime.. don't even get me started on how horrible it is.

I find myself so much more into Digimon than I am with Pokemon. Pokemon just doesn't have a real plot anymore.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    I've loved Pokemon for probably over 12 years now, and I feel no signs of it wearing off. It's one of those lifelong things that I could really see myself loving to the day I die, maybe more so than any other fictional thing.

Years
    Bored of Pokemon?

I'll never give Pokemon up anytime soon.

I'm just as addicted as I was since playing Ruby.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Pokémon's bored me for a long time. I think a lot of it has to do with me frequenting Pokémon forums, despite not being all too interested in it compared to everyone around me. Too much of something you already don't exactly like is not good! Pokémon lost its edge after Generation III for me.

Back