• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Battle Revolution worth the cash?

Shem

Bored...
Years
  • its one of those games that you get bored with but come back to it in a few months and have just as much fun your first time. My disc doesnt work and my wii is on its way back from California (it was getting repaired) and the only game i miss is PBR

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • I love the game, although it is unfortunate how it's JUST battling. You get some really good graphics on it though. I mainly play it to see new moves I've learned get "3D-ized"

dr00

「ちこく」君
    Years
  • Are there any Items/TMs available through getting PBR? An Extra Life Orb or Stealth Rock TM would be nice...
    there are a lot of TMs and a lot of items you only get one of in the games like dawn stone etc.

For Lugia though, u need to purify it which is impossible isnt it?
    aaaaaaaahhh purifying!
    *rocks back and forth in a corner, muttering in tongues like a teen in an after-school special*

I love the game, although it is unfortunate how it's JUST battling. You get some really good graphics on it though. I mainly play it to see new moves I've learned get "3D-ized"

yeah. if only there were mini-games at least.
    i bought it the month it came out, and took it to a place near my house that has a bunch of gaming consoles setup and we'd sit and play DS-battles for hours at a time.
    everyone asked me if they should buy it and i said no lol.

it's not a TERRIBLE game. it just doesn't have a lot of content. what it does do, however, it does fairly well. so if you can find it relatively cheap, i'd suggest getting it.

also the masters battle gyms at the end of the game are incredibly challenging and fun.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    i hate the masters battle because it's all double battle tactics and more then likely you'll be using single battle ones.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    My friend says Stadium was more dynamic.

Although the graphics are really pretty...

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Idk why people don't like it. Half of D/P is battling so why not like all battling? Although, I can see why people don't like battling with only doubles or only singles on that thing, but you should be able to swap after you've done it once.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Oh no, just no.
    It was a terrible game, with only good graphics and features.
    It is definitely the worst game behind the one where you watch t.v all day.
    It has no story at all.
    But if you are, like some people, easily amused by good graphics, then be my guest.
    but if you focus more on the storyline, don't even consider it.
    so get it only if you like
    • graphics
    • connecting up to the wii with a ds
    • prizes(like surfing pikachu or mystery gift)

And thats the only good things about it.
    i personally sold my battle revolution because there was no story behind it.

I disagree with this. The grahics in this gameare terrible. I mean, come on. Faces looks like they've been drawn on, andit looks similar to the N64. Chalky frames, blocky graphics.

The reason that I hate it, and can't see why anyone wouldl ike it, is because it is ONLY BATTLING. Why is that so bad, if that isall pokemon is? I'll tell you. YOU GET THE EXACT SAME THING IN DIAMOND & PEARL. Aside from the "graphics" everything that you can do in Battle Revolution, you can do in D/P. There is no real replay value, and nothing to reallyjustify a $50 price tag.

Seriously, what is it about? What can you do there that you cannot do on D/P? 3D battles? Please. If that's the case, you are paying such a steep price, just to see your pokes in chessy graphics. And THAT is why minigames are so important. F0r $50, I want more. MOAR!

Oh, and "exclusive pokes"? You mean that is worth $50? The problem is, too many pokefans will buy anything with a Pikachu on the cover. This game is an outrage, simply because it seems they didn't even try. They literally put some crap together, took out the destructable enviorments (meaning they went back) and slapped a heafty price on it.

Saruboy

Closet pokemon fan
    Years
  • It ain't bad...

I thought it wasn't too bad, some of the late in-game challenges can be tough. But, yeah, I thought older games were better. It has a cool feature where you can set all the levels to 50, so if your guys are at 70 and your friends are at 9, this balances it out.The in game avatar feature was kinda gay, though.

All in all, if you're big into pokemon, though, I would recommend it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    i enjoyd this game bfo it got stolen it is wth the fifty bucks beacause i just like all battling and no annoying pokes in the field popping up wen i wanan just go to town as fast as possible the animations is funny and if u buy the game to get the pokes u cant get in d/p might as well get action replay and save 20 bucks so its wth it if u gonna play it but if u gonna sell it wen u get the pokes then dont buy it

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    I personally found it boring. If you don't have Diamond or Pearl, you are pretty much paying $50 for a few Pokemon that you must battle with the whole game.

The character customization was stripped down from what I originally expected for it to be.

And there's nothing else but battling. However, there is WiFi battles, but half of the time, it kicked me off.

However, IMO, the graphics are pretty good, and the prizes seem okay.

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • I agree. You really need to have DPP to enjoy it, otherwise the whole thing a HUGE waste of money.
    But I'd definitely recommend it if you do have DPP, and enjoy just pure battling.

Years
  • Whaa?!! Oh come on dude. It doesn't even have an adventure mode or something.

Is a game suddenly awful just for not having an adventure mode.

Its 'Adventure Mode' is actually just as good as Colleseum's despite not having a story because lets face it colleseum had a poor story.

PBR is still a decent game for what it wants to do.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    I'd buy it used or until it goes to 20-30 dollars or so. It doesn't have tons of great reviews.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    I felt colosseum had a good story and what-not...

And to blazekick doom, if you dont like the game then ok, it's mainly for people who like random wifi battles with a touch of graphic design to them which is one of the main reasons i play D/P.

Back