• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it all gonna end?

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Is the generation of Pokemon gonna come to a close soon? I mean, it's been revealed which Pokemon created other Pokemon, how time and space, land and sea came to be. Besides, the anime season probably won't go anywhere after D/P or Battle Area.

If Pokemon is coming to an end...I want to say....THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN MY LIFE, AND THANK YOU NINTENDO FOR BRINGING IT OUT INTO THE WORLD!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Not so much...nintendo needs the $$$$$ to compete with sony and microsoft in the next gen console war...you realize pokemon makes it the most monay out of any other set of characters? Except Luigi, Mario, and co. Pomkemon won't stop until it loses SO much popularity that they nop longer make enough $$$$$$$$$$

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    As Hamtaro says, No-P. Pokemon may not end untill later than 2056. Let lightning strike me if i'm wrong! *gets struck* ok maybe 55 but who knows? maybe it'll be an eternity 0_o. but for sure Pokemon ain't stopin at the 4th generation. they haven't even covered sun and moon pokemon! or digital pokemon! (better than digimon). But srsly, 2008 or somethin? only the chinese would beleive that (no offense to the pkmn liking ones). Somehow i get the feeling pokemon may never end...

^VAdvancedK9V^

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Well, I guess you're right. I mean, it would be cool to see 5th gens if there were gonna be.

NekoRobin

&gt;______&gt;
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    But the pokemon are going lamer and lamer with every generation.
    Gen 1 was the best, and maybe there was 1 pokemon who sucked, but not more.
    Gen 2 only had some good pokemons. Startes included.
    Gen 3 had some pretty good pokemon but lots of them sucked at same time.
    Gen 4 game may be good but still. The starters are the best gen 4 pokemon but still gen 1 starters are better.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    But the pokemon are going lamer and lamer with every generation.
    Gen 1 was the best, and maybe there was 1 pokemon who sucked, but not more.
    Gen 2 only had some good pokemons. Startes included.
    Gen 3 had some pretty good pokemon but lots of them sucked at same time.
    Gen 4 game may be good but still. The starters are the best gen 4 pokemon but still gen 1 starters are better.

While I agree the decline of each gen is happening...those reasons are a bit iffy. However these are opinions...time to state mine. Gen 2 had more than "some" good pokemon. And by good, I mean worthwhile, not so much good at battles. Gen 3 had a bit of a decline, with some good pokes, but some disappointed me. Gen 4 made me lol...nearly all those new popkemon (not all, but most) had terrible design...or at least IMO.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    On the whole, I'd say no. Nintendo won't be giving up this cash cow for a long time to come. (din't stop it with Mario, and he's been around for 30 years)

But I see your point. As Pokemon are given more and more important "worldly" positions, it will take more and more creactivity to make new ones. The current most "important" legendary, Arceus, is practically a god...it's "the creator of the universe" after all.

only the chinese would beleive that (no offense to the pkmn liking ones).

^VAdvancedK9V^

*Gets offended* XD

Phatkav

Zero Creativity
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    I highly doubt it. they can still creat other legends and myths without relating to Arceus.

And beside Pokemon is still popular so there is no point in giving up on it just yet.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    On the one hand, I'm not a fan of DP and therefore wouldn't really care if it ended if they're going to keep on making DP-like generations (i.e. loaded with evolutions/preevolutions of Pokemon that have existed for generations), but on the other hand, Pokemon's one of Nintendo's main franchises. It's not quite at the same level as Legend of Zelda or Mario in terms of being a symbol for the company itself, but whenever someone mentions Nintendo, chances are, one of the first five franchises that'll pop into mind might be sooner Pokemon than, for example, Earthbound/Mother.

In other words, I agree with the other posters. Nintendo will milk the Pokemon name for all it's worth.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I lol at the people who say that the 1st gen starters are the best. Sinnoh's starters have great base stat distribution and good typing to boot. Venasaur is bulky, but it can get 2 hit KOd from EQs. Charizard has horrible typing and Blastoise needs a better movepool.

Cake, no question you're correct. I think they mean "cooler" and I woukld agree. Nothing can beat the 1st gen starters, but in competitive battles, there are better pokemon. I still use em though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Still, I think Pokemon was at its prime in the 90's. I think this mainly because maybe I'm upset I can't find my Red and Blue versions and Game Link Cable.

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    news just in pokemon are being shu *zigzaghakr shoots reporter in neck* thats better we'll keep pokemon now

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Maybe they'll make Pokemon from other planets or from space like Deoxys. I think they'll make more Pokemon. There are too few Pokemon! I realised that when I made a Pokemon role play world. There are places where new Pokemon fits in.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Maybe they'll make Pokemon from other planets or from space like Deoxys. I think they'll make more Pokemon. There are too few Pokemon! I realised that when I made a Pokemon role play world. There are places where new Pokemon fits in.

See, too many pokemon IMO...I respect your opinion, but totally disagree with it at the same time. There are nearly 500 pokemon...we don't need more. also, they've got plenty of space pokemon...palkia, deoxys, lunatone, solrock...yeah.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I once made a manga and a TCG and wanted a lot of monsters in it. I made over 300 then I made a new gen with over 300 again. I did this very fast, but what takes most time is if you have to give them stats and abilities. So why can't there be a lot of Pokemon as well? If there are not space enough, make the game world larger.
    Or just think of all the animals in our world, There are thousands of them so why can't there be thousands of Pokemon? Well, some people who want to get all Pokemon will have a tough work ahead of them . . .

Back