• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it all gonna end?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    No, are you crazy? Why would Nintendo give up their million dollar franchise?

They wouldn't. Exactly the point. Nintendo has to compete with other companies, any advantage they can get, they will take, and pokemon is their best selling franchise I think, only Mario beats it I beklieve...so 2nd best selling franchise.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    They wouldn't. Exactly the point. Nintendo has to compete with other companies, any advantage they can get, they will take, and pokemon is their best selling franchise I think, only Mario beats it I beklieve...so 2nd best selling franchise.

I'd be willing to bet Legend of Zelda has it beat. I meet very few people who don't enjoy Zelda/own some of the games.

However, I still doubt Pokemon being dropped any time soon.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Pokemon appeals to a wider audience than Zelda, the little ones for example. Zelda would be 3 though...but yeah, Nintendo would be crazy to let go of pokemon.

MasterWGS

Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Pokemon appeals to a wider audience than Zelda, the little ones for example. Zelda would be 3 though...but yeah, Nintendo would be crazy to let go of pokemon.

Idunno. The reading comprehension Pokemon requires is about as much as Zelda requires...

Trust me, I've tried to convert kids to Pokemonism (before anyone says anything, my mom runs a home daycare), but the instant gratification of Link's sword slashing down a bad guy usually catches their eyes first...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Idunno. The reading comprehension Pokemon requires is about as much as Zelda requires...

Trust me, I've tried to convert kids to Pokemonism (before anyone says anything, my mom runs a home daycare), but the instant gratification of Link's sword slashing down a bad guy usually catches their eyes first...

True, but Twilight Princess would kill 'em. the Zelda games are too hasrd for most little kids, while pokemon is so easy DON'T bring up the fact I couldn't beat the E4 when I was littler...

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    The reason Zelda or Mario will go on longer than Pokémon: They don't have to create 100 new enemies every game. They have the licence to use Octoroks and Goombas in every game. Pokémon? Once you've caught them all, there's no reason to play anymore (unless there are more to catch...)

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    The reason why I brought up this thread is so we could talk about if Pokemon continues, will we fans like it? I mean, Nintendo likes money, but they wanna make sure we get excited about it. I mean, are there any more new functions that could be added? We have mini-games, world connection with other players, shinies, and good types. I just don't know if if Nintendo could expand the already huge Pokemon world. If there is a way, then I'll soak my head in orange juice.:D

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    You know, even if Pokemon were to just go stale from here on out, there are still those hard core fans that'll still love the games regardless. I mean, that's how sci-fi series such as Star Trek, Star Wars, and Stargate still continue to live on in some way, shape, or form; because they have those hard core fans and it seems to be a similar case with anime and gaming fans.

MasterWGS

Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    The reason why I brought up this thread is so we could talk about if Pokemon continues, will we fans like it? I mean, Nintendo likes money, but they wanna make sure we get excited about it. I mean, are there any more new functions that could be added? We have mini-games, world connection with other players, shinies, and good types. I just don't know if if Nintendo could expand the already huge Pokemon world. If there is a way, then I'll soak my head in orange juice.:D

Oh, trust me, there are ways. Take for example, a Wii Pokemon adventure game (unlikely, but eh..) that goes of the weather in the Weather Channel, and puts it into the game. Take for instance, if it's sunny in reality, it'll be sunny/normal in the Poke-world. If it's rainy, it will be raining in your Poke-world, etc.

They could make the online systems much better. Have 2v2 matches with four players online. Have an online battle tower that you can do with someone over the internet, online Contests, a ranking system, and much more.

I'm sure they could make new types. Check out people's Fakemon/Next Gen Ideas if you don't believe. If we can come up with new good ideas, I'm sure the executives at Nintendo can.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Very good point. Nintendo has the money to get people who come up with ideas that kids will want to have. Producers and consumers...welcome to America.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years

JB, what you don't seem to get is that Nintendo is already doing that. Pokemon has been milked since Pokemon Yellow. 100 new Pokemon, a few new features, and we have the next Pokemon game that's guaranteed to sell like hotcakes. Trust me, I think Nintendo can find ways to milk this cash cow for at least a few more generations. With 10 million copies of Diamond and Pearl sold already, they certainly have good motivation.

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    I think i've seen a pic on google showin boxart for gold/silver remakes woo

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, they're fake. But G/S remakes for the DS would be so cool. My Silver's internal battery died a few months ago...and the music in those games have some of my favourites :D Wow, that smilie is ugly. I don't like the smilies on this site.

500 isn't that many. Apparently (I don't know) Digimon have somewhere around a 1000. I have no idea though, that's just what I've heard.

I remember reading somewhere last year that its Pokemon that's Nintendo's second biggest selling franchise, not Zelda. If you Google it, most people think that its Zelda but when you read articles they say Pokemon. Obviously there are a lot of closet fans...

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    if this is fake its preety damn good

Is it all gonna end?

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    Those pics are pretty convincing, but some fans tend to create fake box arts solely for the purpose of fooling other fans. I hate those who do this kind of stuff. Now, if they annouced this to be a prediction of the box arts for well-wanted GS remakes, then I wouldn't have minded seeing this because the art on them is really good!

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    By the way if anyone can translate it plz

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    if this is fake its preety damn good

Is it all gonna end?

Yes, those are FAKE. Someone made them a few years ago for April fools I think. I don't think Nintendo would ever put so much effort into the box art :(

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    You never know I got it from pokefeeds in the news section

Back