• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it Christmas time already?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm starting to get in the Christmas spirit. Of course, that's what happens when you join your college's band and you're working on music for your Christmas concert already. I practice every night, so every time I practice I'm a little closer to the holiday spirit. However, I will not accept this feeling until Thanksgiving has passed. Once it is over, it's all about Christmas.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
No
ed2305b7.png

Wayyyyyyyyy too early

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
My mother is always annoyed when those big department stores bring out Christmas decorations early, and yeah it happened again this year. But yeah in Australia there is this weird tendency that some shops bring Christmas stuff out early, no ads though. Just the decorations.

Seems like our moms got the same mindset. Aside from the fact that she gets violent in words whenever people ring our doorbell and ask if they want buy a chrismas tree when November hasn't started yet. But she basically reacts the same to any other early holiday specials. From Easter to Christmas.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Seems like our moms got the same mindset. Aside from the fact that she gets violent in words whenever people ring our doorbell and ask if they want buy a chrismas tree when November hasn't started yet. But she basically reacts the same to any other early holiday specials. From Easter to Christmas.
Holy crap, buying Christmas trees before November? They better be fake trees, or you're going to have a dead tree by Christmas.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I haven't seen a single Christmas advert yet, although I have seen plenty of decorated shopping aisles, which makes me shake my head in despair. I don't really start thinking about Christmas until about a month beforehand (just after my mother's birthday) so to see it all now, before it's even started to get cold, is both depressing and aggravating.

...however, I'm not going to complain too much about the Christmas food making an appearance already, as it means I have two additional months in which to enjoy it. Christmas is a time for family selection biscuit tubs, cheap tins of chocolate that is otherwise painfully expensive, and reduced Mr. Kipling cakes. I won't touch a mince pie before December - some food, no matter how good, should remain seasonal - but there are plenty of alternatives available...

Back