• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it Christmas time already?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
So I was watching tv, when I noticed my first Christmas commercial. I was a lay-away commercial, but the main focus was how the holidays are coming fast and we need to get ready. It even had a gingerbread man popping up in random places.

Have you seen Christmas commercials where you live? Do you think it's way too soon for these kind of commercials? Is the shopping industry pushing too hard?

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
The Christmas rush does come too early. Lately, it comes just after Halloween gets over, and that's waaaay too early. So, yeah. I do think it's being pushed too hard. It used to be so that it started at the beggining of November. For me, that was fine.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
No. At the same time though I'm considering just skipping the whole idea of 'celebrating' Christmas this year. Ads and stuff for Christmas seems to come as soon as early October. Please, for goodness sake at least wait until after Halloween...

Years
This whole issue about Christmas really reminds me of this video: (I'm spoiler-ing it since it has vulgar language, view at your own discretion)

Spoiler:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Truth be told, I haven't turned on the TV in a long time.

So no.
Pretty much this.

It's really just a bunch of false hope. They get us excited about the holidays when it's still 90F outside.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I think the holidays are more hype than anything else. With some people, it's hardly about family anymore. It's all about the gifts people get. I'm just lucky my entire family comes over every Christmas.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
No, haven't seen any yet. It is waaaaay too early for such commercials to be even aired imo. It doesn't even feel like Christmas yet, don't you play with my senses! D:

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
Christmas hype starts to build up here pretty much during the "Ber" months (September, October, November, and December). Christmas carols can be heard here as early as October. It's annoying actually, can't they wait a bit more? Either way, I am only excited for Christmas because those are the holidays. More rest is fun.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
No not yet too early. I don't start seeing that till late October and even that is too early imo. I remember when I didn't see Christmas stuff until early to mid November. It's like Thanksgiving gets skipped over or something. D: Now Christmas is all about commercial and gifts it makes me sad really.

(I've seen Halloween stuff already since about the beginning of this month but this is the appropriate time for that stuff to start selling and promoting haunted houses and stuff.)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I remember last year, on the same weekend as Halloween, I walked into Sears to see, not Halloween stuff, but Christmas stuff front and center. What happened?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I don't think there's Christmas commercial as earlier as this in my country, I think they're usually starts to popping up on late November if I recall correctly.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I haven't been able to see any Christmas commercials yet, unfortunately. Summer's just ended, so I think it's too early for them to roll these kind of stuff. Where we live, we'll start seeing Christmas ads somewhere around late October and early November most likely. I love it when they show these ads, because they never fail to help me get into the mood for Christmas. (: This has gotta be one of my favorite holiday commercials. It may be old, but it's still pretty beautiful if you ask me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
One of my friends was listening to the radio once and he heard Christmas music. In August. There's also lots of Christmas merchandise which is already being sold.

It's the companies trying to cash in on holidays early, all about the money really.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
It must be, they've started stocking our local supermarkets with Christmas stock... they've even put it out before the Halloween stock too.

Years
While I like Christmas and such, I don't really think it needs to be getting advertised in the month of September.. sure these retailers want people to come to them to start saving on Christmas gifts, but for me, my family hasn't even thought about what to eat for dinner on Thanksgiving, let alone what to get me for Christmas.

For now, retailers should be focusing on advertising things for Halloween, if they haven't been doing so already.

Sirfetch’d

I love the holidays and seeing Christmas commercials is always one of my favorite parts because it gets me in the Christmas mood. However, not this early. I have yet to see a Christmas commercial and personally hope I don't until November. It is entirely too early to be thinking about Christmas.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
They're selling Christmas trees at my Wal-Mart already. Case point, it's too damn early.

Back