• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it me or does it seem like the trainers in the battle tower cheat

skrull

Clonning Overlord
    Years
    I been going though the battle tower trying to get some items and just resently i have noticed that she trainers inside the tower seemed to be prepared for me. An example i have is a was using my sand storm team in a double battle trying to get some points, but when i started i notice all the trainers had eather a gound or still poke in there team. ALL od the trainers did this takign out the effectiveness of sand storm. I was wondering if this has happend to anyone else of if its just me

Ayselipera

I think this depends on what level you are in the battle tower. Example would be the first round of 7 trainers have small fast pokemon while the next round is holding items for a boost. You may be on the third level which is strategic combos. So their would be more pokemon with weather type moves like sandstorm, hail, etc. So if there are pokemon with weather moves they will be a type that counters those moves. Example Steelix using sandstorm or Snover using Hail.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2009
    they sure do cheat

Using Wobbuffet is the biggest cheat, He never dies with one hit and he always kills my pokemons with mirror coat or counter. I was almost to the Battle hall brain.
    A person sends out a wobbuffet, and it kills my gallade with one hit.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    No... not really. It's impossible to cheat in pokemon without an action replay or some other cheating device.

They're not cheaters. They just have better strategies.

skrull

Clonning Overlord
    Years
    thats the thing they cheat off of me. if i use tyranitar to whip up a sand storm then all 7 of my oppents will have ground and steel pokes. but if i do not have tyranitar then there pokes are different

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
    I think that the only cheaters in the battle frontier are magmars <_< Seriously, every magmar I fight is somehow faster than my garchomp and one magmar even dodged 3 earthquakes in a row without using any evasion raising/accuracy lowering moves....

Skullking17

Trainer
    Years
    I think they cheat when ever I feel like setting out some toxic spikes all there pokemon are mostly flying or poison

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    You guys are reffereing to hax. In other words dumb luck. It's the very nature of the BF. You're low acc attacks miss, their's hit. Their status inducing attack works, yours fail. It's really annoying, you feel like you're winning, and then, boom! You're streak collapses beacuse the enemy luckily avoided your attack/flinched your Pokemon then attacked with a strong attack.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Yes, but they always have.

My attack misses.
    Their attack gets a critical hit.

Cycle continues 5 times even though my attack has 95% accuracy. I loose. Thanks. :|

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    They don't grab Pocket Monster specifically out of thin air to beat you, each trainer is given a select pool of Pocket Monsters. If you face a police officer Hugh, you're going to encounter fighting and steel-types, like it or not. So when you faced a trainer with ground and steel-types, you faced a theme trainer designed to carry that pool of Pocket Monsters. It's on you that you weren't prepared for such, to be frank.

Not to mention Platinum now has an explosion of move tutors at its disposal of Pocket Monsters. Their movesets are set in stone as well, and they were built to execute against a variety of types and Pocket Monsters. It's why one of Platinum's Blastiose has Signal Beam, to have a chance against grass-types. You can't help things set in stone that you can't alter.

Regardless, find a way a to cope with it and exploit the weaknesses the Frontier/tower (aka no switching) has and their "cheating" won't be much of a factor. Over-caution is never a bad thing in the Frontier, and it's one reason why I'm succeeding.

skrull said:
    its true then they will have like a lv 50 kaboto that is super fast and knows protect that seems to work every time
    By speed if you referring to outrageous stats, they aren't unfair, they're just like yours. So it's fair in that regard. You're probably thinking about the priority of aqua jet and protect, that's why it's "fast." Protect working numerous turns? Then why don't you have a stat-upping move to take advantage of such?

That's the kind of thinking I'm talking about, the BT isn't impossible, there are weaknesses and you can succeed, even if they've got luck on their side.

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    The only thing about battle tower that bothers me is when i get an extreme amount of hax. Things like sheer cold hitting twice in a row, focus band and quick claw activating almost every turn, critical hits hitting me at the perfect time, and my moves missing half the time after only one double team. The thing you have to keep in mind that it's not going to be fair on you and you have to be prepared with things like pokemon with sturdy and moves that never miss and just generally use good strategy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    hell yeah they cheat. Ice Beamed a Salamence THREE TIMES. i get hit by thunderbolt and DIE.

weavile vs salamence :(

Scarface

Poor quality pictures FTW!
    Years
    It's simple psychology. I feel they cheat, but I know they don't, because The only reason it seems like it is because I wasn't prepared for their strategy, therefore I am the lesser trainer and deserve to lose.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    All of the Frontier locations are based on luck. Its luck that you go up against an opponent with Pokemon you're strong against, its luck that your opponents items don't activate and its luck that you get as far as you do.

I personally haven't been any further than the high 40's when it comes to a winning streak in the Battle Tower, (always faltering before I get to Palmer again) and the last time that happened was against a luck-sacking Medicham with a Focus Band. It survived on it and killed off my last-remaining Pokemon.

I see people saying "I wasn't prepared for their strategy," but when it boils down to it, you aren't going to be prepared for any kind of strategy, unless its the Tower Tycoon's... and anyway, as has been mentioned, the tower and frankly any kind of Battle Frontier facility is based on luck, or in most cases, (at higher streak lengths) lack thereof for the player.

Aero Shock

Avalanche!
    Years
    All the info of what the other people said. Plus I think its how many Trainer card-stars and all that stuff that makes it even harder? Not sure but thats what i think.

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    hell yeah they cheat. Ice Beamed a Salamence THREE TIMES. i get hit by thunderbolt and DIE.

weavile vs salamence :(
    Well, it's your fault for using Ice Beam on Weavile anyway. Use Ice Shard or Ice Punch instead and use Weavile's high attack rather than its crappy special attack.

Anyways, it's common knowledge that the Battle Tower and Frontier have an adjusted "hax" ratio. Battling in the BT is not like any other battling. It's imperative you have counters for specific strategies (OHKO moves, Double Team, and other techniques abused by the AI).

Back