• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Is it okay to clone Pokemon?

Is it okay to clone Pokemon? (Not via Powersaves/AR methods)

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Depends

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • One thing that is becoming common in the Pokemon video games is cloned Pokemon. This is when one uses a glitch, usually via trading, to make a duplicated copy of a Pokemon. It's commonly done on trade shops and GTS. In this article, I want to talk about the debate behind this situation. I want the article to be more of an opinion piece, but I will also talk about how cloning can be bad at certain times. By no means do I want the article to be biased in any way. Finally, I will ask readers what they think about cloning Pokemon.

Lysandr

"The Greninja"
    Years
  • Why don't you make the debate a little clearer by holding a poll. I for one think cloning is a bad idea, because it's simply unfair.

Lysandr

"The Greninja"
    Years
  • Where could I hold this poll?

Right here. On this thread, go to Thread Tools in the top right corner in the thread, and click "Add Poll." A Poll symbol will show up next to the name, showing people there is a poll on that thread.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Actually... while I think it's sensible to get a poll of thoughts, I'd rather you make a separate thread to do just that. In Pokemon Gaming Central, make new thread with a poll about the topic - more people interested specifically in the games will see it there rather than here. Also there may be some opinions shared in there that would be good to consider in an article as well.
    I want the article to be more of an opinion piece, but I will also talk about how cloning can be bad at certain times. By no means do I want the article to be biased in any way. Finally, I will ask readers what they think about cloning Pokemon.
    What bad aspects would you focus on, curiously?

It may be good to briefly describe how cloning is done, and maybe even mention that it's been done since the early games (e.g. duplicate glitch in GSC).

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    You could ask the Trade Corner mods if you could pose the question there, since there are/were a lot of dedicated cloners in that section. This will help you get a variety of opinions from people that have cloned Pokemon for whatever reason.

And yes, you should go into what cloning is and how to do it on the various games. Just so all readers have an idea of what it is so that they could form their own thoughts about it.

Back