• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it true?

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    For all those stupid things your stupid friends tell you - here is the (probably) official thread.

Here's a few:

Ground types are only weak to Grass!
    The outside grasses have shiny pokemon!
    Boy pokemon grow faster!!

What have your friends told you?

Atomic Sharks

All-round trainer
    Years
    Friends

For all those stupid things your stupid friends tell you - here is the (probably) official thread.

Here's a few:

Wrong water is good against ground, don't know about other and all grow same

Friend tells me every 24 eggs a shiny ditto gives you is shiny

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    The way to catch Deoxys!!!
    Capture all the Unown and trade them all to Ruby Version
    Beat the Elite Four with Unowns D, E, O, X, Y and S.
    Steven will say "OMFG, you are teh ubers.", or something like that.
    DEOXYS APPEARSERSDED!!!

And yeah, that's exactly how he said appears. He had quite a bit of Coke. THE DRINK!

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I KNOW those are all worng, this is just a fun thread to talk about the dumb things people hae told yuo over the years.

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2018
    Ground types are weak against water, ice and grass.

You can't find shinies like that, but you can use the pokeradar to find them. After a chain of about
    35 of a pokemon in the grass, shinies of the pokemon will start to appear.

I don't know what you mean by 'grow faster'.

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    Ground types are weak against water, ice and grass.

You can't find shinies like that, but you can use the pokeradar to find them. After a chain of about
    35 of a pokemon in the grass, shinies of the pokemon will start to appear.

I don't know what you mean by 'grow faster'.

HE ALREADY SAID he knows they're wrong. Thats the point of this thread, say stupid things that people have told you that arent true. Like that..bender from futurama glitch. I dont actually remember what it was though ._.;;

I heard things about talk to the guy in the space station x amount of times and have deoxys and a shedinja in your party and you'll get into space to catch jirachi

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years

Here's a few:

Some of my friends told me that also(the 2nd statement). Plus they said you can catch Deoxys in Veilstone City, which is a hoax. Plus they said you can breed Phione(which I haven't tried yet), but I still think it's a hoax.

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
    Once i heard that in R/S/E, once the percent in the Shuttle gets to a %100 you can go to the moon and battle and catch either Jirachi or Deoxys
    Also, In Emerald i heard that after you beat Steven, you are transported to Birth Island

I also heard Training a Magikarp to lvl 100 will make it evolve into Mew

Toastypk

Baku.
    Years
    Haha crazy rumors in the early days of Pokemon were wonderful.

I could never figure this out, but I read in a magazine once that if you get all 150 Pokemon in RB, and you stand on a certain spot and use the fire stone on Dragonite, he will evolve into YOSHI, Pokemon #999. I thought it was just an easter egg, but I have never been able to find the trick again. I'm wondering if it was just an April Fools joke or something.

Years
    i was once told by my friend who is a pathological liar that if you get all 5 stars on you pokemon ID you will go to the space station and will be taken to the moon and be able to catch Deoxys

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Some of my friends told me that also(the 2nd statement). Plus they said you can catch Deoxys in Veilstone City, which is a hoax. Plus they said you can breed Phione(which I haven't tried yet), but I still think it's a hoax.

Manaphy and Phione can both breed :/

Manaphy + Ditto = Phione
    Phione + Ditto = Phione

That's how one gets a Phione in the first place, unless you get Everyone's Pokemon Ranch, which has a Cherish Ball Phione.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Hah, this is nice!

When I was younger, like, 10, my friend told me that on Red, you can use a Moon Stone & get Clefable. Then you can use that same stone to evolve any other poke into a Yoshi. I aws ever so pissed to learn that wasn't true!

And will people stop comming in saying "those things aren't true!"? It's annoying. We KNOW these rumors aren't true. Stop trying to boost your own self esteem by rushing in trying to correct everyone. It's only making YOU look stupid, as you can't even follow rules.

The REAL Shadow Chaos

The one and only REAL Chaos!
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    In Crystal, a Corsola would evolve if you give it a Gold Leaf or something like that. (Don't know how it was exactly.)

Ah yeah the Corsola would evolve into Celebi.

Last edited:

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    omg, plx! your friend was wrong, so very! not true! it's really not true! omg omg.

anyway :p, during the 2nd gen they said male pokemon were stronger than female. and how about that press b and tap left-right-left-rightl-left-right? did that actually increase the catch rate?

Years
    I heard in R/B if you defeated the elite four 100 times they would give you HM06, Blast, and you could use it to blast a rock away in Pallet town where there was grass with all 150 pokemon in it.

Oh and apparently gullible was written on the ceiling when I was 10.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    omg, plx! your friend was wrong, so very! not true! it's really not true! omg omg.

anyway :p, during the 2nd gen they said male pokemon were stronger than female. and how about that press b and tap left-right-left-rightl-left-right? did that actually increase the catch rate?

Oh God, I remember that! Tap ><><><><><><><><....So annoying! They always did that, and they ruined my D-Pad. And it didn't do a damn thing!

Back