• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is love at first sight possible?

Helena

Perverted Dude?
    Years
    I don't believe in it.
    Love is something that you have to gain and earn over time.
    If you 'love' someone at first sight, you're just attracted to that person.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Love at first sight? Naah, it can be 'Lust' or just plain 'attraction' but no, not love, imo. At least, that's what I think.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    I think you have to build up bounds, it takes time. But you can do it with someone you've just known, it'd be first sight love, right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Love at first sight - no. You can get an instinct about a person, something about them can just click to you when you first see them and it may be beyond or unrelated to physical attraction. My best friend of 8 years (also happens to be boyfriend of 4 years) and I had that when we first met. We just knew for some strange reason that there was something different about the other, that our energies just seemed to fit quite snugly together compared with other people and that we could trust one another with our very lives. We knew that from the start and time has proven us correct as we got to know each other over the years (an on-going process that still continues). But it needed that - time. The instinct was there from the beginning, but the romantic element took a lot of time. We didn't fall into romantic love at first sight, I don't know what it was.

You can have an appreciative love at first sight for a person like that as you would love a kind stranger, but I doubt romantic, otherwise it just becomes lust because you don't know yet what you love about them, and it's very much superficial.

If, however, you want to call that love at first sight, just having a knowing about the person you meet that they are right for you, I guess then it does exist. But in any case I very much believe it takes time, at least from what I've observed. I have known a few people who got into the romantic love at first sight mindset, talking about marriage only weeks after meeting and it never lasted after they took time to get to know one another more deeply.

Years
    Depends on how gullible the people are.

I don't believe in it. I believe that you are attracted to someone by lust, not love. Then you feelings develop and then fall in-love.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Naw..I don't believe in Love at first sight, unless both sides feel attracted towards each other.
    But, no. Love takes time to develop. I've never fallen in love in such a way XP

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I'm mostly divided on the issue, but my gut reaction is - no. It takes years to build up knowledge of another person, trust and love. Love at first sight can only be physical attraction or, at a pinch, a glimpse of a personality which may not even be true. Like the first few months of uni, everybody pretends to be somebody else, so when you first meet them you think wow, he/she is amazing. Then their true colours shine through and you're all lol this person is a twit.

That being said, my godmother and godfather have been married for forty years now and theirs was a case of 'love at first sight', so what do I know. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I certainly believe in attraction at first sight but it cannot be love.

Love is a bond that develops over time and mutually shared experiences. You cannot look at a stranger and immediately say, "I am in love with that person." If you feel that strongly toward someone you've never met, it's just physical lust, plain and simple. :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Love at first sight is impossible. It also takes quite a bit of time to develop true love, however I do believe that it is possible to notice the potential for love fairly quickly.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Love at first sight is real. I know because I am living with my fiance who is the only person I have ever loved this deeply. When we met we immediately knew that we were right for each other and soul mates. That was eight months ago and now we are getting married October 30th and hopefully expecting our first child. We are a perfect fit and we are extremely lucky to have found each other.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    I don't know. -_-;; I've felt attraction for someone but not love when I first met them. Maybe the feelings you guys have are so strong it feels like love..?

Years
    I've been with quite a few people that I thought I loved but then wound up hating. But I definitely know love at first sight is possible. I fell head over heals for my fiancee at first sight. Once I saw her, I couldn't imagine my life without her and she felt the same way about me. =]]]]]]]

Back