• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is my team good? OU Format VI Gen

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Hy guys. With the arrival of the VI Gen I thought to start playing competitive (before I only liked the stories of the games and hacks). I don't have so much experience in competitive pokemon, so I was testing in Showdown and researching in Smogon to make a decent team. What do you think about it?

- Scizor (Choice Band) 242 HP/252 Atk/16 Spe
    Ability: Technician Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    Moves: U-turn, Bullet Punch, Brick Break, Pursuit

- Mandibuzz (Leftovers) 238 HP/136 Def/134 SpDef
    Ability: Overcoat Nature: Impish (+Def,-SpAtk)
    Moves: Defog, Foul Play, Roost, Whirlwind
    Only as Defogger. My tests show me that I need a hazard remover. At first I used Excadrill, but I want a more defensive pokemon

- Greninja (Life Orb) 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
    Ability: Protean Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Atk)
    Moves: Scald, Hidden Power (Fire), Dark Pulse, Ice Beam

- Metagross (Assault Vest) 222 HP/94 Def/184 SpDef
    Ability: Clear Body Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
    Moves: Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Zen Headbutt

- Garchomp (Choice Scarf) 4HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Ability: Rough Skin Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    Moves: Outrage, Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Earthquake
    Revenge Killer

- (Mega)Charizard (Y) (Charizardite Y) 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
    Ability: Drougth Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    Moves: Fire Blast, Solar Beam, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse

Any thing to change? any removal? any add?

THX

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • All EVs a Pokemon has must be divisibly by 4, as a stat increases by 1 every 4 EVs.

Scizor's EVs should be 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef.

Mandibuzz's EVs should be 248 HP/136 Def/108 SDef/16 Spe to outspeed max Speed Mawile and Azumarill.

The raw power of Hydro Pump is preferred over the burn chance of Scald, as Greninja isn't exactly the strongest Pokemon out there. Put Extrasensory somewhere on it, since dealing with Mega Venusaur and Keldeo is important, preferably over Dark Pulse or Hidden Power.

Metagross has fallen out of favor because of the nerfs it received (weaknesses to Dark/Ghost, Meteor Mash weakened). While Aegislash also suffers from the same weaknesses, it has more power than Metagross when it attacks. Another Assault Vest user is Conkeldurr, who benefits greatly from the item, as its weak Special Defense gets patched up:

Aegislash:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak/Sacred Sword
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword/Pursuit
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 244 HP/12 Def/252 SAtk
    Item: Leftovers/Spooky Plate/Spell Tag/Air Balloon

or
    -Substitute
    -Toxic
    -Shadow Ball
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Leftovers

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Flash Cannon/Sacred Sword
    -Pursuit/Sacred Sword
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Shadow Claw/Iron Head
    -Sacred Sword/Head Smash
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe

Conkeldurr:
    -Drain Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Knock Off
    -Ice Punch/Stone Edge
    EVs: 252 Atk/236 SDef/20 Spe
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: Guts

Charizard Y should move the last 4 EVs to either defense, since putting them in HP makes the stat even, making Charizard die to 2 Stealth Rock switch-ins instead of 3.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    One other little thing: Garchomp's nature should be Jolly instead of Adamant, so it gets the most out of its base 102 Speed. That Speed is one of the reasons why Garchomp is probably the most popular Dragon out there. Jolly lets it outspeed other Choice Scarf users.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    All EVs a Pokemon has must be divisibly by 4, as a stat increases by 1 every 4 EVs.

Scizor's EVs should be 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef.

Mandibuzz's EVs should be 248 HP/136 Def/108 SDef/16 Spe to outspeed max Speed Mawile and Azumarill.

The raw power of Hydro Pump is preferred over the burn chance of Scald, as Greninja isn't exactly the strongest Pokemon out there. Put Extrasensory somewhere on it, since dealing with Mega Venusaur and Keldeo is important, preferably over Dark Pulse or Hidden Power.

Metagross has fallen out of favor because of the nerfs it received (weaknesses to Dark/Ghost, Meteor Mash weakened). While Aegislash also suffers from the same weaknesses, it has more power than Metagross when it attacks. Another Assault Vest user is Conkeldurr, who benefits greatly from the item, as its weak Special Defense gets patched up:

Aegislash:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak/Sacred Sword
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword/Pursuit
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Quiet
    Item: Leftovers/Spooky Plate/Spell Tag/Air Balloon

or
    -Substitute
    -Toxic
    -Shadow Ball
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Leftovers

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Flash Cannon/Sacred Sword
    -Pursuit/Sacred Sword
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Shadow Claw/Iron Head
    -Sacred Sword/Head Smash
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe

Conkeldurr:
    -Drain Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Knock Off
    -Ice Punch/Stone Edge
    EVs: 252 Atk/236 SDef/20 Spe
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: Guts

Charizard Y should move the last 4 EVs to either defense, since putting them in HP makes the stat even, making Charizard die to 2 Stealth Rock switch-ins instead of 3.
    Thx. I may use Conkledurr cause with Scizor I have enough steel-types. And Guts instead of Iron Fist?
    One other little thing: Garchomp's nature should be Jolly instead of Adamant, so it gets the most out of its base 102 Speed. That Speed is one of the reasons why Garchomp is probably the most popular Dragon out there. Jolly lets it outspeed other Choice Scarf users.
    Thx 2u too. I was thinking to put Ditto Choice Scarf instead of Garchomp. What do you think?

Back