• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Phione Legendary?

Is Phione Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Phione is considered by some to be a legendary pokemon. However these are the requirements for being classified as 'Legendary'. Pokemon may break 1 and 1 ONLY.
    • Pokemon cannot have a Gender
    • You must only be able to get one of the Pokemon wild per game
    • The Pokemon must not be able to breed
    • Pokemon must not evolve from or into another Pokemon
    • The Pokemon must be near the end of the Pokedex for that generation
    When Phione is run through this test then it has this result:
    • 1 per game: NO
    • Breed: YES
    • Evolve: NO
    • Pokedex: YES
    As you see Phione does not qualify for Legendary status. While we are here I will run Archanine through just to prove to those people who believe it is Legendary that it is not:
    • 1 per game: NO
    • Breed: YES
    • Evolve: YES
    • Pokedex: NO
    All blanks, sorry those few of you, but he is not Legendary. I will run Mewtwo through as an example of a real Legendary:
    • 1 per game: YES
    • Breed: NO
    • Evolve: NO

Last edited:

Darkgale

EV trainer and Treasure Hunter
    Years
    NO!

I like to think of it this way:

When a legendary man/woman has a child, is that child considered to be legendary?
    -No
    Manaphy is a Legendary pokemon. Thus its offspring are not.

(Also this begins to question the "legendaryness" of Manaphy because most other legendaries cant breed =/)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It depends on the man or woman, god was a bit of a lej IMO, and so was jebus :P

No but seriously, it would be if they put a 1-egg limit on it. That might've bin hard to program though, seeing as one person could get a phione then trade off his sterile manaphy.

Darkgale

Years
    Yes you do make a fair point, but seeing as you can get an unlimited amount of phione out a single manaphy, i think that phione should be regarded more of as a normal pokemon. ( i believe there are less shiny bidoof out there than phiones.)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Thats what i mean, if they had put a 1 egg per cartridge limit then it could happily reside as legendy, but that isnt the case so its normal status for phione :)

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    Phione is considered by some to be a legendary pokemon. However these are the requirements for being classified as 'Legendary'. Pokemon may break 1 and 1 ONLY.

:

All blanks, sorry those few of you, but he is not Legendary. I will run Mewtwo through as an example of a real Legendary
    • 1 per game: YES
    • Breed: NO
      [*]Evolve: YES

Mewtwo doesn't evolve or have an evolve in that matter.

I say No, even though you have to have a legendary to get it. It doesn't mean that it is a legendary when it hatches into Phione.

I think this thread doesn't go here.

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    1 per game: YES
    Breed: NO
    Evolve: YES
    Pokedex: YES

If you look above he said Yes for evolve, not No.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I never really considered it as a legendary, seeing as how it's an offshoot of Manaphy. But I wouldn't classify it as a regular Pokemon either, seeing as how it can't be caught in the wild either.

Darkgale

Years
    (1) You can get an infinite amount of them from a single game , and it has average stats, nothing amazing.(also look up at my previous posts.)

Years
    No, it is just the offspring of the legendary.

It doesnt have legendary like base stast, there is more than one. [Tbh legendary just means there is only one in pokemon so I neednt go on]

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    it is since you hatch it from an egg made by manafi . since manafi is legendary phion is.

1 per game: YES
    Breed: NO
    Evolve: YES
    Pokedex: YES

If you look above he said Yes for evolve, not No.

phione doesnt evolve into manaphi or anything else

Last edited:

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    its pretty much a different version of manaphy because if this thing isnt legendary (whitch it is ) manaphy isnt legendary ether

Years

Dragonite isn't a legendary, but it surpassed the trio birds in the RBY/FRLG Pokedex.
    BTW, Phione is not a legendary IMO because from my point of view, legendaries have at least 580 base stat in total.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Dragonite isn't a legendary, but it surpassed the trio birds in the RBY/FRLG Pokedex.
    BTW, Phione is not a legendary IMO because from my point of view, legendaries have at least 580 base stat in total.

But, Dragonite does have gender, is an evolved form of another Pokemon, can breed, and you can get more of it in the game. But, I do agree with what you were getting at, being at the end of the poke-dex isn't really a good way to qualify for a legendary. If it was, Porygon would come awful close to being a legendary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back