• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Phione Legendary?

Is Phione Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    IMO, Unown, Rotom, and Phione are "Semi-Legendary"

-Unown is obviously not a normal Pokemon, they mabye should even have its own classification. It's Genderless, Cannot Breed nor Evolve, Are exclusive to ancient ruins where no other species can be found, and have mysterious connections to Suicune and Ho-oh (NOT ENTEI. Anime =/= Cannon)

-Rotom has no gender and cannot evolve, but can breed with ditto. If it wasn't a Semi-Legendary, it wouls be the only non-sinnoh dex 4th gen Pokemon that was neither a new Evolution nor a Legendery. Not to mention the same song for the likes of Heatran, Regigigas, Girantina, ect. is played.

-Phione can only be originally obtained by breeding Manaphy, a Legendary. It has no gender and cannot evolve, but, like Rotom, can breed.

These three aren't truley Legendary, but they certainly aren't your average Pokemon.

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    IMO, Unown, Rotom, and Phione are "Semi-Legendary"

-Unown is obviously not a normal Pokemon, they mabye should even have its own classification. It's Genderless, Cannot Breed nor Evolve, Are exclusive to ancient ruins where no other species can be found, and have mysterious connections to Suicune and Ho-oh (NOT ENTEI. Anime =/= Cannon)
    They can still not have a connection to Entei even if the movie is true. They simply summoned Entei because the girl wished it.

-Rotom has no gender and cannot evolve, but can breed with ditto. If it wasn't a Semi-Legendary, it wouls be the only non-sinnoh dex 4th gen Pokemon that was neither a new Evolution nor a Legendery. Not to mention the same song for the likes of Heatran, Regigigas, Girantina, ect. is played.
    I admit, Rotom is very close to being legendary. However, it breaks both the breeding and the only one per game rule.

-Phione can only be originally obtained by breeding Manaphy, a Legendary. It has no gender and cannot evolve, but, like Rotom, can breed.

These three aren't truley Legendary, but they certainly aren't your average Pokemon.

I think the idea of 'semi-legendary' is a good one. However, I belive the Unown do not qualify for this classification as they can be caught by the dozen in their caves. (Correct me if I'm wrong but I swore they could breed with Ditto) Also they arn't exactly the strongest pokemon in existance.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Phione is considered by some to be a legendary pokemon. However these are the requirements for being classified as 'Legendary'. Pokemon may break 1 and 1 ONLY.
    • Pokemon cannot have a Gender
    • You must only be able to get one of the Pokemon wild per game
    • The Pokemon must not be able to breed
    • Pokemon must not evolve from or into another Pokemon
    • The Pokemon must be near the end of the Pokedex for that generation

Rotom
    -- Genderless
    -- Only one
    -- Unbreedable
    -- Does not evolve, has no preevolution
    -- #479 is pretty far down the line, sir.

Rotom is hell not Legendary, sorry.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see second page, sorry about that. For the sake of being more
    on topic, here's another example:

Metagross
    -- Genderless
    -- Only one (well, not in D/P)
    -- Unbreedable
    -- Evolves from Metang
    -- Within the last ten of Hoenndex

Using your definition of Legendary, this means that some Pokemon which were "legendary"
    previously became non-legendary, since something in that species changes, such as
    how you could only catch two Snorlaxes per game, but now you can catch unlimited
    Munchlaxes and evolve them.

I don't think you can put a solid definition on "Legendary".

Last edited:

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Metagross can breed with ditto. I have a Beldum I bred from my Metagross that I am EV training in attack (I don't use EVs much but at the thought of an overpowered Metagross I gave in.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Metagross can breed with ditto. I have a Beldum I bred from my Metagross that I am EV training in attack (I don't use EVs much but at the thought of an overpowered Metagross I gave in.)

yes, but it was only in EMERALD where that it was revealed that it COULD breed with Ditto. see, in R/S, apart from cheats or trading with FR/LG, you can't get a Ditto in that game AT ALL, so you can't breed Metagross in that game.

I said until Emerald because that was the ONLY R/S/E game (not counting the Gen I remakes) to have Ditto being a catchable character. usually people don't attempt to trade with other games unless it is their version's counterpart, and since the National Dex was only created when FR/LG came out (In-game I mean, since, technically, the National Dex was first used in guidebooks from Gen II, but you didn't acquire it in-game until FR/LG.).

I think that was what Gymnotide was making his point about in his statement of Metagross being unbreedable, since although it is technically breedable, it was virtually impossible to acquire a ditto before Emerald that it seemed as though it was unbreedable.

Last edited:

Dave-o-rama

If you are a false don't entry
    Years
    well, you know what? i think phione is a legendary pokemon. If you look in your freaking pokedex, you'll see that all the pokemon near manaphy are legendaries. and phione cant evolve or breed. so, yes, it is a legendary.

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    It has been put near Manaphy because you breed to get it. This is the case with all pokemon except for the GSC pre-eveolutions.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Of course Phione is a legendary type! =O
    Just because he's small, he's prince of the sea. That should immediately make him a legendary type. END OF DISCUSSION! XD

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    It is a legendary. You have your test results wrong.

Here is how it should be!

* 1 per game: NO
    * Breed: NO
    * Evolve: NO
    * Pokedex: YES

Yes, it comes from an egg, but Phione cannot breed, manaphy can. This way, Phione only has one legendary fault. And that is you can get more than one per game.

Sooo.. my test results say Phinoe can be a legendary. UNLESS when you write breed you mean hatch from egg. If that is the case you should state that. Thankyou XD

(I is scientifical!)

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I think it is, one reason being Pokemon.com confirmed it (which has probably already been mentioned).

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I don't mean legendary in the broad sense of the word I mean it in the game sense. I am pretty sure you can breed Phione to get more Phione but as I dont have any 4th gen games I can't be sure.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Phione is an one-off Pokemon that's the uh...

Well Kyogre is King of the Sea, Manaphy is Prince... What does that make Phione? Princess of the Sea?

Normally most legends can be related to some sort of mythology in the games. Latios and Latias were one of the few that could breed. The legendary birds and the Regis are plentiful...

Hm, there's a lot of rules in the games and anime that conflict each other. I'm just gonna call it a legend as it's an one-off Pokemon probably in D/P mythology somewhere (and Nintendo confirmed it).

Edit: You CANNOT breed Phione to make more. It's a genderless that can't breed with Ditto. Phione is a pre-evolved form of Manaphy (which is a basic form Pokemon), so Game Freak made it that you can't breed Phione. However you can breed Manaphy with Ditto to get several Phiones.

Noisuf Ekop 993

Still a cheater.Back on peeps.
    Years
    Just to clear everything up, in the nintendo power ultimute pokedex for D/P in the breeding section it says this:

MANAPHY AND PHIONE
    Something special happens when you breed a Manaphy (the only legendary pokemon you can breed). You get an Egg for the baby pokemon Phione. Phione can breed, but it will never evolve into Manaphy.

I hope that clears everything up.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    Phione is an one-off Pokemon that's the uh...

Well Kyogre is King of the Sea, Manaphy is Prince... What does that make Phione? Princess of the Sea?

Normally most legends can be related to some sort of mythology in the games. Latios and Latias were one of the few that could breed. The legendary birds and the Regis are plentiful...

Hm, there's a lot of rules in the games and anime that conflict each other. I'm just gonna call it a legend as it's an one-off Pokemon probably in D/P mythology somewhere (and Nintendo confirmed it).

Edit: You CANNOT breed Phione to make more. It's a genderless that can't breed with Ditto. Phione is a pre-evolved form of Manaphy (which is a basic form Pokemon), so Game Freak made it that you can't breed Phione. However you can breed Manaphy with Ditto to get several Phiones.
    What are you talking about?! You can't breed Latios and Latias! xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back