• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IS RED IN POKEMON SUN AND MOON?!!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Fixed it. ;)

I hope these games have a PWT of some sort. (But, with E4 members, too, please!) The ability to customize the player characters to look like any of the past ones would also be pretty nice.

I thought that you thought that Lance was the best Champion, not Green/Blue {D:}!

As do I. I wonder if they'll bring back the retired E4 too...I'll like to see Agatha again. It'll be kind of interesting if Agatha became part of the E4 of this region or another...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm going to admit, him being an older Red complete with sideburns was the first thing that went through my head. But since it's concept art, it's honestly hard to tell.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I thought that you thought that Lance was the best Champion, not Green/Blue {D:}!

Naw, Lance is the hottest Champion. ;){<3} Lance may be a better character, but Blue's a better battle--more diverse team and higher levels.

Wouldn't mind seeing either in Sun/Moon. Lance has been horribly neglected as a character compared to all of the other pre-Gen 5 Champions (save for Wallace, who arguably has it even worse). Despite being in twice as many games, Lance has gotten only a fraction of the attention and promotion that Steven got in ORAS alone.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • It looks more like the new male playable character to me, possibly talking to a rival/friend/NPC. :) Outfit may be a refrence to Red's remake apearance though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    I have a naggy feeling this is the last game so it makes sense for Red and it ending after sun moon pokemon series the pokemon designs are getting sloppy most likely ending it in a bang

Years
  • I have a naggy feeling this is the last game so it makes sense for Red and it ending after sun moon pokemon series the pokemon designs are getting sloppy most likely ending it in a bang

Pokemon sales have reached 200 million recently, so I feel it's unlikely Sun & Moon won't be the end of the franchise.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
  • I would like Red to be in these games, or some kind of challenge to go to once you have completed the Post-Game. Admittedly, X/Y were lacking in this area and there was no real "challenge" at the end of it. In OR/AS you had Wally which you could constantly battle over and over again, so maybe for the 20th anniversary Game Freak will bring back Red, but who knows. The image doesn't confirm, nor discourage the possibility of Red returning to the Pokemon franchise.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    In regards to the discussion on being the last game therefore Red should be there... I agree with Hikari. After the whole deal regarding Pokemon 20 and the Superbowl ad I really doubt they'll head that route. Given how much money one Superbowl ad would cost, why make this the last game and still buy a super expensive Superbowl ad? Why not keep the money and run, y'know? I just can't think of any reasons that indicate towards it being the last game other than the celebrations of Pokemon starting.

I mean last main-series game maybe - the rest could be remakes of the past, or alternate worlds based on them. Ending at 800-something Pokemon is fine I suppose, we do have a lot after all, so yeah, it isn't completely out of the woods. It's just really unlikely considering what they've campaigned with thus far this year.

Red is most likely to appear because of the anniversary of the original games. If it wasn't the anniversary (and RBY wasn't recently re-released) then I don't think Red would even be thought of as reappearing. Cynthia would be more likely. She's more recent. She appeared in Unova and she certainly made more of an impact than Dianthia, Alder or Iris. She'd appeal to the current generations more. Red as a non-playable NPC doesn't really appeal to anyone other than those who grew up with the games. It just depends whether they're aiming this towards the newer generation of fans or older generations. From the looks of it, there could be a balance of both, so Red could definitely appear. It's just not guaranteed.

Years
  • Like Nica, if we do see Red in the game I could imagine it being a total shoutout to the 20th anniversary of the original 1st Gen games, and he is the original protagonist after all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2016
    But you can dress up as older people in this game. Like how in XY you could dress up. Maybe they expanded on it.

Pokemon sales have reached 200 million recently, so I feel it's unlikely Sun & Moon won't be the end of the franchise.

Maybe after Sun and moon they reboot everything so the new games won't have any connection to the old ones. Idk but yeah I can't see them ending it.

Back