• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is RNG abuse cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I know that some people say that it isn't, but I am pretty sure it is. Is it an unfair advantage, since you need to know your SID to do it? I would like to know.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    You can find your SID if you have caught a random shiny or a handful of chained shinies. You will need to use a special program if you suck at math, but that's another story.

Just like EV training and IV breeding, they're all game mechanics and we learn from outside resources. No hacking devices are necessary. So, I consider RNG abusing as legitimate.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    These kind of things make me feel like people have too much time on their hands.

I don't even care that much about shinies anymore. They're not like GenII where they had different stats. Meh.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    Many people have been using this, and there have been no harm in their games.

But, I'm not addicted to shinies.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2010
    nope its not cheating, SID is obtainable without AR (even though i used my AR and have hatched lots of shinies via RNG) id say, go ahead, RNG abuse your game its fun

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
    I know that some people say that it isn't, but I am pretty sure it is. Is it an unfair advantage, since you need to know your SID to do it? I would like to know.
    two quick questions.....Whats "RNG"? and "Whats SID"?

Years
    RNG is Random Number Generator which the game uses to determine random events like encountering Pokemon and SID is Secret ID Number which is like the Trainer ID number on your Trainer Card except that you can't find out what it is by normal means.

Basically it's something you shouldn't worry about unless you get EXTREMELY into the game and how its mechanics work.

NatureKeeper

Cheating is only there when using an external device to affect the games memory to produce abnormal actions.

Other things like RNG abuses and tweaking are perfectly legitimate.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Okay, I'm going to download the program now. I just need to figure out how to get my SID to use it.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    Actually, RNG abuse is used to get "flawless" pokemon.
    That doesn't always mean you need your SID.
    I myself got my SID from catching a random Geodude (level 6) when I first started playing.
    But unless you have an AR, you're best bet is SR'ing at a legendary and use those Ivs. Xd.

SID is not needed if you just want to get 31/31/31/31/31/31 pokes.
    Although, with RNG you need to learn a whole load of crap to do with Frames and hitting your delay.

It took me probably a total of 5-7 hours over 3-4 days to learn to RNG abuse but even now I still need some help on some areas. =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back