• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is Rotom a legendry?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    It's location in the pokedex (right next to the legendries) is one thing but everyone also says that he is and posts it when people want legenries!

So my question is 'is rotom a legendry?'

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    I'd say no as his stats don't seem to be uberish, nor does anybody use him extensively or call him an uber.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I wouldnt consider him a legendary because hes incredibly weak. Also, hes easily obtained, but so are some other ones, so i guess he technically could be one.

Toshinden

Up-and-coming
    Years
  • Rotom isn't a legendary... it's just rare. It is next to the legendaries in the Dex, and yes, there's only one of him available through a wild encounter, but it's also able to breed itself, according to Serebii.net, so I can only assume that it's a rare PKMN.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • No, actually, he's not a legendary.

Think about it. Legendaries are caught at high levels, while Rotom is at lv. 15. Legendaries have their own lairs like caves or islands, while Rotom is cowering behind a TV. Legendaries all have a part in what I like to call 'Pokemon Creatonisim', or Pokemon Mythology, however Rotom doesn't.

Rorom is no more a legendary than Bidoof is.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Yeah i read that phione and manaphy were the only breeedable legendries but rotom can breed so is maybe not.

Mustache

Good Ingame-Bad Online Trainer
    Years
  • not he can't be cought at lv7

yes he can, using the glitch in yellow/blue/red.

anyhow, let's just put it this way: if rotom is legendairy, then so is snorlax from the 1st and 2nd generation, sudowuddo from the 2nd and 3rd generation, and the red gyarados form the 2nd genaration. and i think we all know that they are NOT legendairy.

the only difference between rotom and these guys is that you have to beat/catch em in order to be able to progress in the game, while rotom is completely optional.

Years
  • Mew is only catchable at level 30 on emerald
    on RBY it is a glitch. therefore, he is not legendary in that case

Last edited:

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Rotom isn't legendary, Because he can breed, no legendary besides manaphy can breed.

Years
  • yes he can, using the glitch in yellow/blue/red.

anyhow, let's just put it this way: if rotom is legendairy, then so is snorlax from the 1st and 2nd generation, sudowuddo from the 2nd and 3rd generation, and the red gyarados form the 2nd genaration. and i think we all know that they are NOT legendairy.

the only difference between rotom and these guys is that you have to beat/catch em in order to be able to progress in the game, while rotom is completely optional.

it's a glitch nintendo didn't want us to get lv7 mews and it was in red/blue so it dosn't male rotom a legendery becuse ninedno forgot a glitch in red/blue

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Mew is only catchable at level 30 on emerald
    on RBY it is a glitch. therefore, he is not legendary in that case

so wait, if thats true than are you saying that darkrai and shaymin arent legendary? because they can only be glitched

funkeboodha

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    someone mentioned it before, it can breed so i can have 20 rotom's if i wanted to. Legendaries are a little harder to come by than that.
    Darkrai and Shaymin are legendaries. they are meant to be activated at Nintendo Events. the only way that anybody has them now is if they exploited a glitch in the game.

Back