• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Sun and Moon the "Orange and Purple" we have all been waiting for?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I know in the past that many have theorized that a future Pokémon game might be known as "Orange and Purple". Well, considering Sun's boxart is orange and Moon's boxart is purple, could Sun and Moon be the Orange and Purple that we have all been waiting for? Perhaps Orange and Purple were considered to be too bland by Nintendo/Gamefreak, so they called them Sun and Moon instead.

mariomaniac432

Shuckle Master
    Years
  • Honestly, I have never heard of this theory before. What does Orange and Purple have to do with anything ?_? Can someone explain?

Back when Red and Blue versions first came out, there were several false rumors going around my school about Pokemon. These ranged from the infamous false rumor of Mew being under the truck by the SS Anne, to future Pokemon games being called Orange and Purple. The only one of these rumors I can remember that ever came true, even if it was completely made up at the time, was Black and White versions. Seeing as word of Missingno and Mew spread across the country like wildfire without the internet to help it along, I wouldn't be surprised if Orange and Purple version rumors, as well as others, spread in a similar manner.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • To be fair, many people have been coming up with future Pokemon names, such as "Sun & Moon" and many obscure titles so I don't think so :/

Years
  • Like Colours said, I had never heard of this theory ever. I think you only came up with it due to the boxart being primarily orange and purple in color?

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • My Theory is they Totally ripped off Digimon World Dawn and Dusk for the name. XD

I can go on for hours of suspicious coincidences between Pokemon and Digimon, but because this is a Pokemon Website and I value my life I'm just going to stop here :P

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Unless Game Freak thinks that versions were all originated from color coding,
    the theory may be feasible. But like what the other member said, never heard
    of such theory and if you try to follow how Game Freak titles different versions,

Yellow, Red, Blue and Green
    Silver, Gold and Crystal
    Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald
    Platinum, Diamond and Pearl
    Black and White
    X and Y

IMO, color as the "main concept/origin" of the titles is irrelevant.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    It is kind of nice that they went with a color scheme other then blue and red though.

I mean they always run blue and red into the ground with the games, legendaries and tcg sets.

Back