• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Is that all you can do?] Underestimated Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Pretty Huge Announcement - Listen or something, I dunno

Okay, to do something a little fun, me and AlexOzzyCake, the creator of the Cute Pokemon Club, agreed to host an inter-club championship. There will be 5 members battlers on each team (excluding team captains) and we are restricted to using only what's in our P. Lounge (check the first post) as battlers. Battles will be held on the Pokemon Online battle simulator. In Preparation for this battle, please PM me if you are interested in representing the group, further details, and for any questions or recommendations for the P. Lounge, just post here in the thread.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Well, you have plenty of time to test your team, so I think you should give it a shot :D !

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    Username: DoctorFred
    Most Underestimated Pokemon: Mawile. while it does have pretty bad stats, Amazing typing, good defense, great ability (intimidate) =/= bad pokemon, instead = Great Baton Passer.

What makes an underestimated pokemon underestimated?
    Weak Stats and bad movepool mainly. But derpy looks, sucky abilities, and Bad typing can also contribute to it.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Username: DoctorFred
    Most Underestimated Pokemon: Mawile. while it does have pretty bad stats, Amazing typing, good defense, great ability (intimidate) =/= bad pokemon, instead = Great Baton Passer.

Weak Stats and bad movepool mainly. But derpy looks, sucky abilities, and Bad typing can also contribute to it.

Welcome, DoctorFred :D !
    Mawile does seem like you can iron out it flaws, which gives me a new topic.

Are Underestimated Pokemon viable for use competitively?

I believe they are, and if there is enough team synergy and etc you could pull off quite a successful one. My yanma was successful in the NU tier of Gen 4 with just Choice Specs it could knock out half a team.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    MAWILE = THE AWESOME!!!

I'm actually building a very awesome Mawile that is being put into a competetive team I'm building which focuses on abusing Trick Room.
    This Mawile I have has an outrageous attack stat with a beneficial nature to support it's attack, also it's got it's DW ability Sheer Force, making it a nasty force to reckon with. I have yet to finish this team as I'm working on it alongside with my Underestimated Team (which is listed above).

This Mawile may end up being one of my new favorite competitive play pokemon. :D

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    Welcome, DoctorFred :D !
    Mawile does seem like you can iron out it flaws, which gives me a new topic.

Are Underestimated Pokemon viable for use competitively?

Why thank you. Imo, yes. Of course, considering you are battling pokemon of the same tier. And the NFE underestimated pokemon are even better with the eviolite.

MAWILE = THE AWESOME!!!

I'm actually building a very awesome Mawile that is being put into a competetive team I'm building which focuses on abusing Trick Room.
    This Mawile I have has an outrageous attack stat with a beneficial nature to support it's attack, also it's got it's DW ability Sheer Force, making it a nasty force to reckon with. I have yet to finish this team as I'm working on it alongside with my Underestimated Team (which is listed above).

This Mawile may end up being one of my new favorite competitive play pokemon. :D
    True, True.

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Having trouble with building my Team of underestimated pokemon... -_-'
    They're all stuck on Gen 4 and I do not have an extra DS to transfer them over to Gen 5.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    PC Username: PsychoJigglypuff
    Most Underestimated Pokemon: I think Parasect is pretty underestimated. It does have a lot of weaknesses, and very low speed. However, I personally found it very useful in my Leaf Green game and my Rain Dance Team. It's my favorite Bug-type Pokémon. c:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    *cough*
    Nice to see such an active club...? xD Impo you've let me down ;o; I'm gonna annoy you with a new topic in here~

New topic: Which is the cutest under-rated Pokemon? ;D

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I miss this group! Well here's my underestimated pokemon update and man it's a doozy!
    I just thought it would be cool to come in here and update about a successful underestimated pokemon, that has a dominating role in my new competitive team.

Out of boredom I was looking through pokemon that were considered terrible and I stumbled upon a Flying Bug type that is laughed at constantly, Masquerain. I read through him and discovered his amazing potential as a competitive pokemon. I have now built a team solely based on the heavy utilization of Masquerain.

I have tested this team out online and it has completely blown my mind! This team has a higher success rate than my original favorite Drizzle team! Often winning 4 out of every 5 battles!
    This amazing team is listed below in my current signature. All thanks to Masquerain! The thing that amazes me the most is how nobody has seemed to have ever used Masquerain the way I'm using it! I even tried looking up its Tier and competitive information on Smogon and it was completely blank, meanwhile other competitive players even scoff at it!

Well all I have to say now is watch out pokemon trainers cause there's a new beast in competitive play and it's Masquerain! Watch me blaze a new path that will form the Masquerain Tier! (Que Evil Laughter.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2011
    PC USERNAME: pikamon999
    MOST UNDERESTIMATED POKEMON: Magicarp because he is bad at fighting but can evolve into a Garydos

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    N'awhhh, Sunkern definitely is a cute one! <3

So how about a new topic to start up some conversation in this place? :D

New topic: 'If any of the under-rated Pokemon in the list were real, which would you choose to partner with in real life?'

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    Shedninja definetly. It would be so cool to have a spirt as a partner! The only problem would be not looking into the hole in its back... Maybe I could cover it up with duct tape...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Lmao, that would be hilarious! Poor lil' bug! xD How would you train it to fight? I'd choose pachirisu and train it by making it chase its tail xD

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    I would probably just go to a dump. There would be a lot of targets for it to use moves on and no one would care what happened to the trash!

I would probably just go to a dump. There would be a lot of targets for it to use moves on and no one would care what happened to the trash! P.S. You are a really good conversation starter Alex!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Oo, that's a good idea! What does anyone else think? Btw Shadow, how big is your signature? It seems to go above the allotted space D:

PS: lol thanks dude. I just don't want to see these clubs die out D:

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    I'll be a dedicated member and keep this club alive.
    I would have the little Hopkinsville Goblin Pokemon Sableye as a partner. It would help me find valuable and precious gems I could sell for thousands. While we are at the caves digging up gems i might as well train there and fight some Sturdy Boldores Geodudes.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'll be a dedicated member and keep this club alive.
    I would have the little Hopkinsville Goblin Pokemon Sableye as a partner. It would help me find valuable and precious gems I could sell for thousands. While we are at the caves digging up gems i might as well train there and fight some Sturdy Boldores Geodudes.

Sweet! I'm sure between all of us we can keep it going till Impo re-visits it :D

Man I hate Boldores... xD Makes me miss Geodudes, haha. Although they can still be sturdy half the time! I think there should be a few more Pokemon in this club's list tbh, but we have no way of updating it... What pokemon do you think should join?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back