• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is the WB show any good anymore?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2006
    I use to watch the show allll the time. but i stopped watching a few years back when it wasnt classic anymore...is it anygood? should I watch it anymore? Im not 16, and I love the games....but i dunno

MxLunaMoth

Just a little lullaby
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I stopped watching it a few years ago too, and then got hooked on Pokemon Advanced. I loved the classic episodes, but ended up loving the new ones more. I think the quality of the episodes has certainly improved. I guess you'll just have to see for yourself. Some love it, some hate it. I personally love it. ^^

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    i love the new animation techniques they use with season 6/7 aka advanced generation. Way back I think i stopped at the end of season 1. thats when I actually thought pokemon was going to die... not hence on the other 20+ games, 6 seasons, 7 movies that come out, lol. but like sly said, lol, im also hooked on ag or pa, w/e you wanna call it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2018
    When Johto begins, show for some time was became more fillerish, and not that interesting, like before. But from that time, it was progress. JLC was already better, and Master Quest (especially near to end) was even better then Indigo to me. More then that. From beginning of AG show became even more better. And was stay very good for long time. I didn't see AG62-87. And I must to say, that episodes after AG88 is not that good, like it was in beginning of AG, but still not bad.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • WB stinks!

They kept editing Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon scenes--such as adding clothing on monsters and changing weapons into Pokemon. Which we don't wanna happen!

And they banned Jynx when we want them to edit it instead!

Stupid WB!

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
  • Yep...I used to watch the dub until Johto...but then I got hooked on the jap version,and realized that version was better. And now I show hatred to the dubs as you can clearly see.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • TSS_Killer said:
    Yep...I used to watch the dub until Johto...but then I got hooked on the jap version,and realized that version was better. And now I show hatred to the dubs as you can clearly see.
    Japanese version is obviously way~~~~~ better!

Even people who don't know any Japanese watch Japanese version!! =.=

When Pokemon first came out, WB direct translate things and have a lot of nice ideas. Then they got further and further away from the translation and finally got to this vulnerable stage.=.=

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
  • The batch of kids got HOP (hooked on POKEMON!) at a fairly young age, and once Jhoto came about, that group of kids left for MTV because that season wasn't as great! XD, Now, the 6th and 7th seasons are the best by far! Although I have a lot of catching up to do, from the episodes that I have seen, this season is worth watching, even if your a teenager or adult!

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
  • But what it boils down to is your preference. The jap epps have a more "mature" feeling to it...b/c it was targeted at a slightly older audience(even adults). So people can stand the dub because they have been watching for a long time,and most can't understand japanese anyway(I don't know much jap, but I still perfer the AG eps)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Both versions of the show were targeted towards the same audience...so I don't know what you're talking about. I've seen a good number of both versions and there really ain't that big of a diffrence. The most an episode gets cut out in America is maybe a few seconds and that's purely a time edit.

Really Pokemon is and always has been and always shall be a kid's TV show. Japan or America the show is a kid's TV show, the "mature" level it has in the Japanese version is about normal for Japanese children. So it actually isn't THAT mature at all. But like I said, both versions of the show are more or less THE SAME THING.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2006
    I downloaded a couple of random episodes, one with may (yay), the first episode, and another one id idnt see. May episode is subbed, others are dubbed i thinkl.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    jynx said:
    WB stinks!

They kept editing Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon scenes--such as adding clothing on monsters and changing weapons into Pokemon. Which we don't wanna happen!

And they banned Jynx when we want them to edit it instead!

Stupid WB!

Personally i'm not into violence, even in cartoons.. But the adding clothing thing, now that is a true attrocity... tsk tsk. =P.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • GenoMew said:
    Personally i'm not into violence, even in cartoons.. But the adding clothing thing, now that is a true attrocity... tsk tsk. =P.
    But they shouldn't change anything!!!

Years
  • The dub isn't HORRIBLY different from the original. Not like, YGO! or Card Captor Sakura or anything like that. They just... try to be funny. -_-

Well, it's gotton better, especially the animation. The animation was awful back in Kanto, I mean Misty could be about to hit Ash and her arm would end up on top of a tree branch or something. -_-

But anyway, it's gotton better. They are getting a little lame with the jokes but... still pretty good I guess.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    The show is very lame, the only good episodes are the gym battles or pokemon leage episodes. I only watched the first few and it got too repiteative. the movies are also good, but thats it. The WB show is a 100% waste of time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    jynx said:
    But they shouldn't change anything!!!

In my humble and sincere opinion, i'd find it most appetizing if they edited out excessive violence. I don't know how i would go on living another day if Togepi or Pikachu were to die :(.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • GenoMew said:
    In my humble and sincere opinion, i'd find it most appetizing if they edited out excessive violence. I don't know how i would go on living another day if Togepi or Pikachu were to die :(.
    Ok, I'll let this one go.

But since they have the technique of editing scenes, why can't they edit Jynx's face?
    Or is it still matter with Mrs "Calorie Bustard Weathering-food" even if the face is changed purple? =.=

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2018
    In my humble and sincere opinion, i'd find it most appetizing if they edited out excessive violence. I don't know how i would go on living another day if Togepi or Pikachu were to die
    Where did you see any violence in japanese version of Pokemon? I was saw about 100+ episodes in japanese, and never saw any violent scene at all!

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Mew?
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    I loved it when it first came out. They left the blood in and it wasn't all goody-goody. I loved the first movie, but only after I heard about all the left out sceens...

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Kitsune_girl said:
    I loved it when it first came out. They left the blood in and it wasn't all goody-goody. I loved the first movie, but only after I heard about all the left out sceens...
    What blood? There was never any blood in the series, not even in the Japanese version. o_O; Scrapes maybe, but those were always left in.

The Japanese version actually is slightly more mature than the dub. How so? For one thing, the original doesn't try to add the most dumbest puns or add lines when they aren't necessary. Secondly, the original has music where it's appropriate. Take Arbok's and Matadogasu's leaving for example. The dub absolutely MURDERED the music and whole feeling. None of the characters in the dub felt like they were doing their best to protect the Pok?mon or that they were exhausted, the music was really out of place and didn't have that painful emotion that made you realize that these two Pok?mon were finally leaving and were not coming back and that their trainers were putting their lives in danger to protect them.

Can't forget how they try to dumb things down for everyone, assuming we're all a bunch of idiots. Can't forget all the painfully shipping add-ins that were never in the original, which just adds to the immaturity "OMG HE LUVS HER!!11" or "SHE LUVZ HIM!!!1 <3" e_e;

Back