• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Is there any way to recover my corrupted save from my Red cartidge? I had 151 pokes

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    So with this Pokemon Go craze I was nostalgic and tried my old catridges. Red was corrupted, I got this error:

www youtube com/watch?v=AlsPMWMtg30

I alread knew this since I tried a while back.

Silver doesn't even show a saved game, just "options" and "new game". I was about to get the 251 pokemons on there (or was it 252?). I had that celebi one some guy cloned me, apparently very hard to find.

Finally my Yellow save game worked lol. I still have my level 100 Mew in my team, didn't check the rest. I had no idea how to get Mew as a kid, some guy cloned it to me as well and I raised it to 100. My team was unbeatable in Red, I had level 100 only team of Mew, Mewtwo, Charizard and some other.

Anyway, is there any way to get the save game back? Im afraid it isnt but I would like to know.

It pisses me off actually. All those hours put as a kid, and I have nothing to show now, only my Yellow save survived and I varely played Yellow, I only have like 50 pokemons there ffs.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
    I'm no expert on the GB carts, and I've never seen a Silver cart do that. I beleive there is a way to get the save but that requires 3rd party things and a computer. Did this with a gamecube memory card which corrupted but I'm not sure about GB carts but the basic task seems possible. I'd google around and see what you find, but don't start a new game or that will really overwrite it. I'm seriously sorry this happened to your games, I wish of all games Pokemon ones wouldn't do this :/ I think it's a battery in them that runs dry, but replacing it whipes all saved info so it's not possible to keep changing the battery. :s Best of luck to you!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Try changing your battery? But I think your silver cartridge is done for unless ^ works.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I'm no expert on the GB carts, and I've never seen a Silver cart do that. I beleive there is a way to get the save but that requires 3rd party things and a computer. Did this with a gamecube memory card which corrupted but I'm not sure about GB carts but the basic task seems possible. I'd google around and see what you find, but don't start a new game or that will really overwrite it. I'm seriously sorry this happened to your games, I wish of all games Pokemon ones wouldn't do this :/ I think it's a battery in them that runs dry, but replacing it whipes all saved info so it's not possible to keep changing the battery. :s Best of luck to you!

It'll do it when the battery is completely done in. Both my copies of Silver done this, as did my Crystal.

It's super easy to replace the batteries, but sadly the saves are gone for good. His Red has the exact same issue, unfortunately.

Years
    Sorry to hear this has happened to you OP, I had the same happen with 3 of my games, I don't think you will be able to recover the file sadly.

Back